View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:35 am



Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Playoff scenarios 
Author Message
Hall of Famer

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm
Posts: 8222
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
thats one of the reasons I dont want to see the Saints, their running game is better then our run D it seems.


Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:22 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:45 pm
Posts: 3219
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
thats one of the reasons I dont want to see the Saints, their running game is better then our run D it seems.



The Saints only average 11 yds/game more than the Vikings. Brees is one of the worst QBs when under pressure. Vikings need to score early and control the run.


Image

_________________
Joined: Aug 2006
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014


Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:07 am
Profile
Hall of Famer

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm
Posts: 8222
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
808vikingsfan wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
thats one of the reasons I dont want to see the Saints, their running game is better then our run D it seems.



The Saints only average 11 yds/game more than the Vikings. Brees is one of the worst QBs when under pressure. Vikings need to score early and control the run.


Image


I agree on controlling the run, but they have to run more. And not up the middle every time, especially on first downs. That would be key.


Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:11 am
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:14 am
Posts: 1142
Location: Miller, SD
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
I truly look forward to the Vikes hosting either the Saints or the Panthers in the NFCC game. Grudge match against the Saints or just watch Camela Newton crap himself because of the NOISE!

_________________
From the Fjords of ValHalla


Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:52 am
Profile
Strong Safety
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:05 am
Posts: 11494
Location: California
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
At home is totally different situation

Then facing a good team on the road..

_________________
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!


Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:04 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:23 pm
Posts: 3176
Location: Sebastian, FL
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
TeamChaplain wrote:
I truly look forward to the Vikes hosting either the Saints or the Panthers in the NFCC game. Grudge match against the Saints or just watch Camela Newton crap himself because of the NOISE!

That Cam Newton crap annoys me. On his big run during the game, if you watch, Matt Kalil was holding Barr while Newton ran past. Of course the refs missed it. Not saying Barr would have stopped him, but at least he would have had the chance.

_________________
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966


Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:54 am
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 24170
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
What's good, and not-so good, about all of the NFL's playoff contenders

Quote:
MINNESOTA (NFC North winner)

They’re going all the way — The Vikings are tremendous on defense — from Anthony Barr to Xavier Rhodes to Harrison Smith, these guys are smothering. There have been some hiccups lately — in two of the last three games, in fact — but quarterback Case Keenum is having a career year.

They’re doomed — The interior of the offensive line is damaged with guard Nick Easton out and center Pat Elflein hurting. With the way Keenum played against Carolina and Green Bay, it prompts the question: Has the clock struck midnight?


http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp ... story.html

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:58 am
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:14 am
Posts: 1142
Location: Miller, SD
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
Raptorman wrote:
TeamChaplain wrote:
I truly look forward to the Vikes hosting either the Saints or the Panthers in the NFCC game. Grudge match against the Saints or just watch Camela Newton crap himself because of the NOISE!

That Cam Newton crap annoys me. On his big run during the game, if you watch, Matt Kalil was holding Barr while Newton ran past. Of course the refs missed it. Not saying Barr would have stopped him, but at least he would have had the chance.


My wife and I can't stand Cam Newton.

_________________
From the Fjords of ValHalla


Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:10 pm
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10984
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
NFC playoff field:
1) Eagles
2) Vikings
3) Rams
4) Saints
5) Panthers
6) Falcons


Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:38 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player

Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:55 pm
Posts: 2449
Location: Olympia, Washington
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
S197 wrote:
NFC playoff field:
1) Eagles
2) Vikings
3) Rams
4) Saints
5) Panthers
6) Falcons

That means that we can't host the Falcons at home in the first round in any scenario. If they win, they'll go to Philly. If the Rams win, we get the Rams, because everyone else will be a lower seed and will travel to the #1 seed. That game is the evening game on Saturday, so we'll either know about the Rams on Saturday night, or will watch the Saints-Panthers game knowing that we'll face the winner.

At least, I think I've got that right...


Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:21 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm
Posts: 8222
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
S197 wrote:
NFC playoff field:
1) Eagles
2) Vikings
3) Rams
4) Saints
5) Panthers
6) Falcons


Know which teams play who in the first round of playoffs? I see the Rams beating everyone but us. They have improved since we played them, but then so have we.


Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:23 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:28 pm
Posts: 598
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
Can someone explain how buffalo got in over the chargers when they finished with the same record and won the head to head matchup?


Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:28 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:20 pm
Posts: 1021
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
TeamChaplain wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
TeamChaplain wrote:
I truly look forward to the Vikes hosting either the Saints or the Panthers in the NFCC game. Grudge match against the Saints or just watch Camela Newton crap himself because of the NOISE!

That Cam Newton crap annoys me. On his big run during the game, if you watch, Matt Kalil was holding Barr while Newton ran past. Of course the refs missed it. Not saying Barr would have stopped him, but at least he would have had the chance.


My wife and I can't stand Cam Newton.



You can add me to your group......lol. Fig Newton lol


Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:23 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 18248
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
Boon wrote:
Can someone explain how buffalo got in over the chargers when they finished with the same record and won the head to head matchup?
It was a three way tie with Baltimore.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬


Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 6853
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
Perfect Super Bowl matchup -- Bills vs. Vikings.

Somebody has to break the 4 Super Bowl curse.

Won't happen, but it would be super cool.

_________________
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.


Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:28 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:41 pm
Posts: 6090
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Perfect Super Bowl matchup -- Bills vs. Vikings.

Somebody has to break the 4 Super Bowl curse.


Denver already did. I'm hoping the Vikings break theirs in a similar fashion.

_________________
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!


Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:37 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 am
Posts: 2360
Location: Seattle, Wa
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Perfect Super Bowl matchup -- Bills vs. Vikings.

Somebody has to break the 4 Super Bowl curse.

Won't happen, but it would be super cool.


Only Vikings and Bills fans would watch that one. :lol:


Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:39 pm
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10984
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
PacificNorseWest wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Perfect Super Bowl matchup -- Bills vs. Vikings.

Somebody has to break the 4 Super Bowl curse.

Won't happen, but it would be super cool.


Only Vikings and Bills fans would watch that one. [emoji38]
Good! Cheaper tickets!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk


Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:49 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 am
Posts: 2360
Location: Seattle, Wa
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
True that.


Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:51 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 6853
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
PacificNorseWest wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Perfect Super Bowl matchup -- Bills vs. Vikings.

Somebody has to break the 4 Super Bowl curse.

Won't happen, but it would be super cool.


Only Vikings and Bills fans would watch that one. :lol:

But Chris Berman would be in 7th Heaven, with his beloved Bills getting back to the SB.

_________________
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.


Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:56 pm
Profile
Starter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:06 pm
Posts: 101
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
Sure miss him on nfl countdown


Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:48 pm
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10984
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
Vikings will be the last game of the divisional weekend.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk


Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:06 am
Profile
Strong Safety
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:05 am
Posts: 11494
Location: California
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
What are chances we get most of our players (non IR)
back from injury in the payoffs

_________________
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!


Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:17 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:09 am
Posts: 996
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
PacificNorseWest wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Perfect Super Bowl matchup -- Bills vs. Vikings.

Somebody has to break the 4 Super Bowl curse.

Won't happen, but it would be super cool.


Only Vikings and Bills fans would watch that one. :lol:

But Chris Berman would be in 7th Heaven, with his beloved Bills getting back to the SB.

I remember Chris used to be a Viking fan also. He used to wear a purple tie in support of us I believe.

_________________
http://warhammermonkey.com/p/Knoxx/

Image


Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:08 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 24170
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
jackal wrote:
What are chances we get most of our players (non IR)
back from injury in the payoffs


I think other than Brock and maybe Ham probably pretty good. Word was Elflein's shoulder injury wasn't new and wasn't overly serious. Not sure how serious Ham's nefk injury is.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:21 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 18248
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
dead_poet wrote:
jackal wrote:
What are chances we get most of our players (non IR)
back from injury in the payoffs


I think other than Brock and maybe Ham probably pretty good. Word was Elflein's shoulder injury wasn't new and wasn't overly serious. Not sure how serious Ham's nefk injury is.
What did Ham do to his nefk? I hate nefk injuries.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬


Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 24170
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
PurpleMustReign wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
jackal wrote:
What are chances we get most of our players (non IR)
back from injury in the payoffs


I think other than Brock and maybe Ham probably pretty good. Word was Elflein's shoulder injury wasn't new and wasn't overly serious. Not sure how serious Ham's nefk injury is.
What did Ham do to his nefk? I hate nefk injuries.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk


He spfrained it. A spfrained nefk ef nof a haf haf lafing fing.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:28 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 24170
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
Ham said his neck injury will be fine (called it a "stinger"). Nothing was asked or mentioned on his nefk injury, which is troubling. We can't have a FB playing in a playoff game with only one functional nefk.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:50 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 18248
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
dead_poet wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
[quote="jackal"]What are chances we get most of our players (non IR)
back from injury in the payoffs


I think other than Brock and maybe Ham probably pretty good. Word was Elflein's shoulder injury wasn't new and wasn't overly serious. Not sure how serious Ham's nefk injury is.
What did Ham do to his nefk? I hate nefk injuries.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk


He spfrained it. A spfrained nefk ef nof a haf haf lafing fing.[/quote]Oof, my faf.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬


Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:00 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10984
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Playoff scenarios
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
PacificNorseWest wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Perfect Super Bowl matchup -- Bills vs. Vikings.

Somebody has to break the 4 Super Bowl curse.

Won't happen, but it would be super cool.


Only Vikings and Bills fans would watch that one. :lol:

But Chris Berman would be in 7th Heaven, with his beloved Bills getting back back back! to the SB.


FYP


Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:06 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.