View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:27 am



Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Redemption Tour 
Author Message
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:53 pm
Posts: 1498
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Post Redemption Tour
With the way the playoff seeding has worked out, it is possible that this could be our path to being Super bowl champions:

. Divisional Round versus the Saints, who defeated us in overtime in the 2009 NFC Championship game.

. NFC championship game against the Falcons, who defeated us in overtime in the 1998 NFC championship game.

. Super bowl against the Steelers, who gave us our closest defeat in Super bowl IX.


And it would all take place in U.S. Bank Stadium, in front of the fans who have waited so long. Man, wouldn't that be something?

_________________
It's time to take back what was rightfully ours in '98....and '09!!


Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:26 am
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 18360
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Redemption Tour
If I read the schedule correctly, we will know whether a win means going to Philly or saying home for the NFCC Game by the time we play. It could make for a wild, raucous atmosphere in The Bank.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬


Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:31 am
Profile YIM WWW
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:53 pm
Posts: 1498
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Post Re: Redemption Tour
PurpleMustReign wrote:
If I read the schedule correctly, we will know whether a win means going to Philly or saying home for the NFCC Game by the time we play. It could make for a wild, raucous atmosphere in The Bank.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk



Yes, this scenario assumes both the Falcons and Saints advance past the wild card round, and that the Falcons defeat the Eagles in Philly.

_________________
It's time to take back what was rightfully ours in '98....and '09!!


Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:59 am
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 18360
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Redemption Tour
denburch wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
If I read the schedule correctly, we will know whether a win means going to Philly or saying home for the NFCC Game by the time we play. It could make for a wild, raucous atmosphere in The Bank.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk



Yes, this scenario assumes both the Falcons and Saints advance past the wild card round, and that the Falcons defeat the Eagles in Philly.
Well it doesn't matter who beats Philly, we will know by the time we play.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬


Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pro Bowl Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:07 pm
Posts: 603
Post Re: Redemption Tour
Philadelphia plays on Saturday the 13th and the Vikings play on Sunday the 14th so if we win, we will know immediately who we will be playing the week after, and where we will be playing.

If Philadelphia loses on Saturday, ad we win on Sunday, then our next game will be at US Bank Stadium. If Philadelphia wins on Saturday and we win on Sunday, then our next game will be at Philadelphia.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/postseason/bracket


Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:56 pm
Profile
Transition Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:38 am
Posts: 359
Post Re: Redemption Tour
I can't see a Foles led Philly beating anyone.

_________________
Offseason Goal: Draft durable, tough, intelligent offensive lineman who are dependable technicians and avoid penalties aka drive killers.


Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:17 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:53 pm
Posts: 1498
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Post Re: Redemption Tour
I just like the idea of finally exercising our old demons of futility with these three opponents.

_________________
It's time to take back what was rightfully ours in '98....and '09!!


Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:24 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 18360
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Redemption Tour
I don't care if they beat st. Mary's School of Ballerinas as long as they win the Super Bowl.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬


Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 am
Posts: 2360
Location: Seattle, Wa
Post Re: Redemption Tour
I don't know if it's truly what I'd call real redemption, but if it pans out how you suggest, I'm certain it will be a storyline SB week.


Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:46 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:41 pm
Posts: 6093
Post Re: Redemption Tour
denburch wrote:
I just like the idea of finally exercising our old demons of futility with these three opponents.


I don't like exercising demons. I only makes them stronger... :wink:

_________________
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!


Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:40 am
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 5204
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Redemption Tour
Maelstrom88 wrote:
I can't see a Foles led Philly beating anyone.


Me neither. He's so shaky in the pocket right now. I think they get beat by whoever plays them in the first round

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:56 am
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 am
Posts: 2360
Location: Seattle, Wa
Post Re: Redemption Tour
Foles has his feet in concrete back there. He's actually really great when he can release it quickly after the snap, but that's not always going to happen. Minnesota's pass rush will eat him up for sure and because of our great secondary play, I can't see how that combination yields much of anything to that passing attack.


Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:36 am
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:14 am
Posts: 1142
Location: Miller, SD
Post Re: Redemption Tour
Ultimately, I see the Vikes hosting the Saints. Total grudge game. I am still a little upset with bountygate and those refs were horrible. That being said, it really was all the turnovers that lost that game for us.

_________________
From the Fjords of ValHalla


Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:46 am
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:53 pm
Posts: 1498
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Post Re: Redemption Tour
Paul Allen last night basically tweeted the same thing I said, except that he spelled "exorcising" correctly. :)


Quote:
#Vikings Exorcising Demons Tour

BountyGate January 14
‘98 January 21

‘74 Steelers February 4

CAN I GET A WITNESS?!?!

_________________
It's time to take back what was rightfully ours in '98....and '09!!


Last edited by denburch on Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.



Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:39 am
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 6900
Post Re: Redemption Tour
denburch wrote:
Paul Allen last night basically tweeted the same thing I said, except that he spelled "exorcising" correctly. :)

[img]. #Vikings Exorcising Demons Tour

BountyGate January 14
‘98 January 21

‘74 Steelers February 4

CAN I GET A WITNESS?!?!/img]

Demons need to stay in shape, too.

_________________
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.


Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:01 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:53 pm
Posts: 1498
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Post Re: Redemption Tour
Well, Falcons won and Saints are about to win, so thus far it is all going as planned. :govikes:

_________________
It's time to take back what was rightfully ours in '98....and '09!!


Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:28 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:20 pm
Posts: 1028
Post Re: Redemption Tour
denburch wrote:
With the way the playoff seeding has worked out, it is possible that this could be our path to being Super bowl champions:

. Divisional Round versus the Saints, who defeated us in overtime in the 2009 NFC Championship game.

. NFC championship game against the Falcons, who defeated us in overtime in the 1998 NFC championship game.

. Super bowl against the Steelers, who gave us our closest defeat in Super bowl IX.


And it would all take place in U.S. Bank Stadium, in front of the fans who have waited so long. Man, wouldn't that be something?


That would be some kinda special.......the stage is now set. Bring on the Saints


Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:58 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:38 pm
Posts: 9526
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Post Re: Redemption Tour
Bring those dirty Saints to our house... I can't wait. Revenge is a dish best served COLD. :twisted:

_________________
*********
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida


Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:27 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:53 pm
Posts: 1498
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Post Re: Redemption Tour
soflavike wrote:
Bring those dirty Saints to our house... I can't wait. Revenge is a dish best served COLD. :twisted:


:beerchug: SKOL!

_________________
It's time to take back what was rightfully ours in '98....and '09!!


Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:18 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.