2017 NFL Season General NFL Thread

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: 2017 NFL Season General NFL Thread

Post by dead_poet »

Per Schefter, Capers not expected back in GB next year.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote:Per Schefter, Capers not expected back in GB next year.
Rats.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Glazer saying Pete Carrol may step down after the season.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

dead_poet wrote:Glazer saying Pete Carrol may step down after the season.
Interesting. He hasn't looked the same this season. And he has lost contro of them several times.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Shut up Charles Davis ... you dingus
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

dead_poet wrote:Been reading Jon Gruden to the Raiders and he's been quietly assembling a staff. Would be interesting.
When I hear Gruden talking as an announcer, I'm not impressed with his football knowledge. He speaks more like a fan than like a guy who has deep insight into the game. He says things like "Zimmer loves to bring the big blitz" because we line up with the double A gap linebackers and that's what it looks like, but doesn't realize that we tend to rush only four (but the offense can't know which four), and we might send one of the LB's and have Hunter or Griffen drop into coverage in the flats.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Yokes: per Pete Carrol, Cliff Avril and Kam Chancellor will have a hard time resuming their careers (Beck injuries).
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

Regarding the Seahawks and their kicker... I hadn't realized that Walsh essentially cost the Seahawks THREE games this season. He missed three FGs in a close loss to Washington, he missed the FG at the end of the Cards game in week 17, and he missed a late game FG that could have tied Atlanta (as well as the Seahawks bypassing the chance at a FG at the end of the first half and missing the TD on the fake FG from the 17(!!!) - was Pete Carroll already suspecting that Walsh was a liability?).

This means that a can't-miss FG kicker like Justin Tucker would have had the "disappointing" Seahawks at 12-4 this season. They would be the three seed, and would be a trendy pick to upset us in the divisional round. So thank you Blair! The gift that keeps on giving!
Last edited by John_Viveiros on Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Carson Palmer has retired per Field Yates
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

dead_poet wrote:Carson Palmer has retired per Field Yates
That's too bad. He was a good QB just couldn't stay healthy.

dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Jets fired OC John Morton
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

What was Tomlin thinking with the on side kick? Decisions like that can run you out of town. Personally, I think he's overrated. Riding his QB like they're doing in GB.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

808vikingsfan wrote:What was Tomlin thinking with the on side kick? Decisions like that can run you out of town. Personally, I think he's overrated. Riding his QB like they're doing in GB.
I agree. He's also an arrogant #### Sometimes.

Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Uh guys... Brian Hoyer's starting for the Pats. What the #### happened to Brady!?
Ohjay
Veteran

Post by Ohjay »

Rhodes Closed wrote:Uh guys... Brian Hoyer's starting for the Pats. What the #### happened to Brady!?
Source?

He hasn't practiced for a couple of days due to that hand injury he sustained in practice. But I haven't heard anything about him not being able to start.