Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Re: Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

Post by S197 »

Cliff wrote:The idea is to get as many people to watch the pro bowl as possible and the formula for that (they think) is making sure people know as many names as possible. You need stats *and* name recognition to make it to the lol-bowl.
Harrison needs to change his name to Hitman McHit Yo Face.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

S197 wrote: Harrison needs to change his name to Hitman McHit Yo Face.
Nonononono the fines.....

Lets divert course for a moment though... how about how awesome it is that Thielen made the Pro Bowl!
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

DK Sweets wrote: Nonononono the fines.....

Lets divert course for a moment though... how about how awesome it is that Thielen made the Pro Bowl!
If the Vikings make the SB and Thielen is voted MVP, they have to make a movie about his life.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

808vikingsfan wrote:Packers snubbed from 2018 NFL Pro Bowl roster

[sound of crickets chirping]
LOL. :lol: Good one!
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Seeing who initially gets voted into the Pro Bowl is interesting, but honestly, the PB is a joke. Come the time when the game is actually played, Teddy will probably be on the roster again...THIS season! :lol:
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

PacificNorseWest wrote:Seeing who initially gets voted into the Pro Bowl is interesting, but honestly, the PB is a joke. Come the time when the game is actually played, Teddy will probably be on the roster again...THIS season! :lol:
I'm not so sure. The game is a joke, but the voting? If you think about the way the players get voted in, there's no reason Smith should've been snubbed. 1/3 fans, 1/3 players, 1/3 coaches. If I read correctly, Smith was leading the fans vote which means he's not getting the votes from the players and coaches.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

808vikingsfan wrote: I'm not so sure. The game is a joke, but the voting? If you think about the way the players get voted in, there's no reason Smith should've been snubbed. 1/3 fans, 1/3 players, 1/3 coaches. If I read correctly, Smith was leading the fans vote which means he's not getting the votes from the players and coaches.
That's really the crux of it ... the voting. Who care about the game?

The fact that Harrison Smith got snubbed, and that snub came from the players and coaches -- well, it doesn't say much for the intelligence of those players and coaches. Specifically, how could anyone on any Vikings opponent not vote for Smith? The guy makes about 10 incredibly impressive plays per game. The way Zimmer lines him up anywhere is uncanny. How many times have we seen him lining up near the LOS, as if to blitz, and getting back into coverage 15 yards downfield? Or starting out deep in the defensive backfield and bursting through to make a TFL?

He's the best safety in the game, period. They got this one very, very wrong.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

808vikingsfan wrote: I'm not so sure. The game is a joke, but the voting? If you think about the way the players get voted in, there's no reason Smith should've been snubbed. 1/3 fans, 1/3 players, 1/3 coaches. If I read correctly, Smith was leading the fans vote which means he's not getting the votes from the players and coaches.
I'm not sure were arguing anything different...That's why I'm saying, I initially like to see who gets voted in because that's all that really matters and I posted earlier about the Vikings snubs. I just feel the entire process is a joke now because in the end, you'll have guys that have no business being on a pro bowl roster actually being the ones to play the game.

I've always thought more highly of All-Pro teams...Pro Bowl gets the most mentions though cause of the game that's played...but when you hear announcers say, so and so "was a pro bowler last year," it has certainly lost its prestige with some of these guys that get in now. Completely watered down and to the point where it doesn't really matter either way.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Saw this on Reddit. Snub off the snub list?

PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Blake Martinez is a stud. Not sure all who made it in over him at that position, but from that list it is he or Keemun, in my opinion.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

808vikingsfan wrote:Saw this on Reddit. Snub off the snub list?

My God who actually made the pro bowl?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

PacificNorseWest wrote: I'm not sure were arguing anything different...That's why I'm saying, I initially like to see who gets voted in because that's all that really matters and I posted earlier about the Vikings snubs. I just feel the entire process is a joke now because in the end, you'll have guys that have no business being on a pro bowl roster actually being the ones to play the game.

I've always thought more highly of All-Pro teams...Pro Bowl gets the most mentions though cause of the game that's played...but when you hear announcers say, so and so "was a pro bowler last year," it has certainly lost its prestige with some of these guys that get in now. Completely watered down and to the point where it doesn't really matter either way.
Xavier and Harrison 1st team All-Pro's. That's all that matters. Suck it, Pro Bowl.

Thielen and Griffin named to 2nd team.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

After being snubbed by Pro Bowl voters, Vikings' Harrison Smith was selected as a first-team All-Pro safety. Harrison was joined by teammate Xavier Rhodes. Receiver Adam Thielen and pass rusher Everson Griffen made the second-team from Mike Zimmer's squad
Thielen!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

808vikingsfan wrote: Thielen!
Love it. My favorite Viking is an all-pro.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.