WEEK 17: Bears @ Vikings Discussion

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: WEEK 17: Bears @ Vikings Discussion

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote:There's talk that since Easton will need to play center, they might kick Remmers in to guard and have Hill play RT.
You mean Berger?

I actually don't hate that combination.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Err yeah Berger :oops: . So line would be Reiff-Sirles-Berger-Remmers-Hill
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

S197 wrote:Err yeah Berger :oops: . So line would be Reiff-Sirles-Berger-Remmers-Hill
That line would be better. But Sirles and Hill Bother me. Might be the best though for the Bears.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Elflein ruled out
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

@GoesslingStrib
18m
The Vikings added center Cornelius Edison to the active roster, with Pat Elflein out tomorrow. They put Kevin McDermott on injured reserve, which means Jeff Overbaugh is the long snapper indefinitely.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Looking back at 09, pretty eerie how similar it was to this year. Losses to Carolina and Pitt. Wins against the Rams, Ravens. Chasing an NFC East team (Saints) for best record in NFC. Needed to win the last two and have one team lose for home field but lose it in week 16. Let's hope the Bears don't play spoilers again.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

808vikingsfan wrote:Looking back at 09, pretty eerie how similar it was to this year. Losses to Carolina and Pitt. Wins against the Rams, Ravens. Chasing an NFC East team (Saints) for best record in NFC. Needed to win the last two and have one team lose for home field but lose it in week 16. Let's hope the Bears don't play spoilers again.
Yeah but we win on the road against GB, and we lost in Chicago in 2009. This team did a little better than that 2009.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Vikes get this W, but please oh please, no injuries.
Trkn10
Practice Squad

Post by Trkn10 »

We lose to the Bears Sunday and we have no business in the Super Bowl!

I can't believe some of the pessimism I'm reading on this Forum this week going into this game and looking forward. :wallbang:

:beerock: :smilevike: :v): :thumbsup:
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Yeah but we win on the road against GB, and we lost in Chicago in 2009. This team did a little better than that 2009.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
I think this team plays more consistently than the 2009 squad did. The 2009 squad had a horrible December and pretty much lost their HFA because of losses to teams that (at least on paper) they should have beat. I actually have more confidence in this squad because I believe they are more balanced on both sides of the ball.
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!