Super Bowl Tickets

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

ChicagoViking
Veteran

Super Bowl Tickets

Post by ChicagoViking »

Anyone have any thoughts on how to get two Super Bowl tickets at face value (or for less than $2,000/each)? I am a Vikings Season Ticket holder, but the Vikings ticket office isn't much help.
petev_sj
Veteran

Re: Super Bowl Tickets

Post by petev_sj »

ChicagoViking wrote:................for less than $2,000/each? .........
I'm sorry my Pleb brain just can't comprehend that type of figure. Umm you can try Stub Hub or Seat Geek.

Just be sure to have 2 coats of Ceramic Sealant put on your Maybach when you roll into town.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

like many events, there are always seats available for these events for WAY lower than the prices you are seeing online. the catch is, you have to be very patient which is almost impossible to do when you factor in travel, flights, missing work, etc. because the game is in the cities this year many of you lucky locals may not have to worry about these factors that affect everyone else.

I was lucky enough to go to the superbowl in either '08 or '09. don't remember. pats giants in Arizona. I had been pricing out tix for months leading up to the game as I knew i'd already be down there. they were astronomical. as we were down there golfing and having a great time we encountered people selling tix for much lower than what I had seen...but still pretty high. can't blame sellers for getting as much as they can.

long story short, the night before the game we landed two pretty decent seats to the game for $300 each. I got to see one of the best games ever for a reasonable price.

all this said...if the vikes are playing in the big game, your luck may not be as easy. but I have another buddy who saw the seahawks play when they made it and had similar luck to me. found tickets for like 4 or 5 hundred I believe.

people will ask crazy high prices, but as it gets closer and closer to kickoff, they either lower them to sell or they're stuck with em!

good luck!
i'm ready for a beer.
ChicagoViking
Veteran

Post by ChicagoViking »

Thx for the insights, Montana. I'm afraid when the Vikes clinch the NFC Championship, prices are going to increase, not decrease.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

ChicagoViking wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on how to get two Super Bowl tickets at face value (or for less than $2,000/each)? I am a Vikings Season Ticket holder, but the Vikings ticket office isn't much help.
I have the breakdown in another thread but there will be a small portion of tickets allocated to each team. The team will likely sell them via lottery to season ticket holders. What isn't known is if they will factor in how long you've been a holder for priority.
ChicagoViking
Veteran

Post by ChicagoViking »

S197 wrote: I have the breakdown in another thread but there will be a small portion of tickets allocated to each team. The team will likely sell them via lottery to season ticket holders. What isn't known is if they will factor in how long you've been a holder for priority.
Historically, I think teams were allotted 6% of total tickets that would be sold via lottery to season ticket holders. I have been told that that percentage is probably going to be more like 2-3% this year. In conducting the lottery, they will absolutely factor in the number of season tickets you own, where they are located, and the length of time you have held those tickets.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Green Bay fans have the option to be cold
and in need of hygiene.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

jackal wrote:Green Bay fans have the option to be cold
and in need of hygiene.
Lmfao

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018