Bradford Could Return (?)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

soflavike
Hall of Famer

Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

Post by soflavike »

Dmizzle0 wrote:
I was the bears game as well! Something seemed off with Bradford that game.
In addition to his knee issues, he got sacked and the back of his head hit the ground HARD... Pretty sure he had a concussion. Coaches should have pulled him out immediately, but he played a few more series.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Forgot to mention they have 3 weeks to decide when he starts practice. So we have some time to make a decision.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote:Forgot to mention they have 3 weeks to decide when he starts practice. So we have some time to make a decision.
They can decide earlier than rhat right?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:They can decide earlier than rhat right?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Yep. Any time during that window.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
petev_sj
Veteran

Post by petev_sj »

Sam has some unique skill sets, quite frankly it is the only reason why he is still in the NFL commanding that type of money.

I would rest easier knowing if Case gets hurt, Sam will come in and relieve him. I'm not going to give him excuses about being rusty, I expect the Vikings to win if he gets in.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

If we see Sam coming in, odds are we either blew the other team out, or they blew us out. And I would bet its the latter. Why would they put Sam in over Teddy, who has been practicing for the past month?
petev_sj
Veteran

Post by petev_sj »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:If we see Sam coming in, odds are we either blew the other team out, or they blew us out. And I would bet its the latter. Why would they put Sam in over Teddy, who has been practicing for the past month?
Sam is the better QB. And if I was being honest, skill set wise, he's better then Case.

Playoffs are win or you're out. I would trust Bradford's skill sets over Bridewater's 2 month's practice. And again, I won't use the excuse of Sam's rustiness. I expect Vikings to win if he gets in.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

I hope we can agree that our dilemma is that we have 3 QBs that are potential starters for most NFL teams and as a whole, we are a tad bit indecisive on who can take us to the trophy.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Dmizzle0 wrote:I hope we can agree that our dilemma is that we have 3 QBs that are potential starters for most NFL teams and as a whole, we are a tad bit indecisive on who can take us to the trophy.
I'm not. Case has showed he can get the job done. Sam isn't 'healed'. I doubt anyone really knows what happened, except he has a BAD knee. Why hurt what we have with Case to even have a debate as to who is going to be the QB in the playoffs, because thats what its going to come down to. Case is calm under pressure, a leader. I was skeptical of him at first, as most of us were, but he has shown he can play in big games, if he has a little protection. He doesnt deserve to be yanked. I have zero hope in Sam. I dont see him coming on the field to do anything good, and Case is going to have him in the back of his mind, its natural. Lets case finish what he started, not Sam and not Teddy.
TeamChaplain
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TeamChaplain »

I attended spring training camp in Mankato this year and you could really see Keenum's competitiveness and drive. Sam didn't seem to have it. Something just didn't seem right. I think healthwise Sam is an NFL bust, there were a number of us in the stands talking about this and commenting on the possiblity of Keenum rising in the ranks. We all agreed that Sam was too gangly and didn't really have the physique that would protect him from big hits.
From the Fjords of ValHalla
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

TeamChaplain wrote:I attended spring training camp in Mankato this year and you could really see Keenum's competitiveness and drive. Sam didn't seem to have it. Something just didn't seem right. I think healthwise Sam is an NFL bust, there were a number of us in the stands talking about this and commenting on the possiblity of Keenum rising in the ranks. We all agreed that Sam was too gangly and didn't really have the physique that would protect him from big hits.
I mean his problems have always been his knees. I'm not sure being bulkier would really do much to prevent that.
TeamChaplain
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TeamChaplain »

dead_poet wrote: I mean his problems have always been his knees. I'm not sure being bulkier would really do much to prevent that.
It's obviously too late now, but at a younger age some lower body strengthening would definitely help to not only strengthen tendons/ligaments/joints but would also add some protection.
From the Fjords of ValHalla
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

TeamChaplain wrote: It's obviously too late now, but at a younger age some lower body strengthening would definitely help to not only strengthen tendons/ligaments/joints but would also add some protection.
Not to belabor the point but how do we know he doesn't or didn't have a good lower body workout? I don't know if his lower body is any less strong than guys like Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Ryan, etc.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Yeah, that's definitely unfair to say and mostly conjecture. Some people for whatever are more susceptible to knee injuries. Injuries in general, really.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

dead_poet wrote: Not to belabor the point but how do we know he doesn't or didn't have a good lower body workout? I don't know if his lower body is any less strong than guys like Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Ryan, etc.
I can't speak to his workouts or work ethic obviously, but I feel like if you look at his legs they are thinner than the other guys you mentioned. He's always had a weird body type/gait in my opinion, so even if it hs nothing to do with his effort, I think the gangliness (I made that word up) is there.