Bradford Could Return (?)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

TSonn
Career Elite Player

Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

Post by TSonn »

Mothman wrote: Where did you come up with a hypothetical score of 41-0? I'm not aware of ANY conference championship game ever ending with that score. Not one. Nope. Never happened.

Never. Happened.
This is funny because even though I've been a Vikings fan since 1995, I took a few years off where I didn't watch or even follow them (high school years) and so I never saw the 2000 NFCC and didn't even know about it until I started watching again in 2002-2003.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

mansquatch wrote:It would be a MAJOR coaching blunder to switch starting QBs in the playoffs after Keenum has been at the helm since week 2.

I really want to believe that Zimmer and his staff are too smart to do something that colossally stupid with all the marbles on the table and the best defense in the playoffs.

That article was daily norseman, so curious if they are just pontificating or if they have a source. My guess is they are just being stupid.
The original source was a tweet from Courtney Cronin, the ESPN Vikings beat reporter.
Saw Sam Bradford in the Vikings locker room moments ago. First time I’ve seen him in more than two months.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: If he's activated and (knock on wood) we need a QB change, why wouldnt he get on the field. Teddy hasnt played in over a year and a half. Do you really want him running this offense in the playoffs?? This is why I said earlier in the year that if Teddy didnt play when he was activated, we should've held him out the rest of the year. Which we've done so far but we are now at the point where the playoffs are about to be here and he has no IN GAME experience other than 2 check downs. Hopefully he can get some burn in the next two games but right now, IF Sam is healthy, he needs to be the #2. I feel 100% comfortable with Sam running the show if it ever came down to that in the playoffs. I dont feel that with Teddy
Here's something else.

Sam came in here last year in late August. Fifteen days later -- with an entirely new team, system, coaching staff, terminology, everything -- he was destroying Green Bay. In other words, it didn't take him long to get up to speed.

This time, he's had the entire 2016 season, offseason, preseason, and a couple games to prepare mentally. And it was obvious by his stellar performance against New Orleans that Shurmur's system fit his skills very well.

I'm pretty sure he could be up and running in short order IF (big if) he's healthy.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

TSonn wrote:This is funny because even though I've been a Vikings fan since 1995, I took a few years off where I didn't watch or even follow them (high school years) and so I never saw the 2000 NFCC and didn't even know about it until I started watching again in 2002-2003.
You saved yourself some pain. :)
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: If he's activated and (knock on wood) we need a QB change, why wouldnt he get on the field. Teddy hasnt played in over a year and a half. Do you really want him running this offense in the playoffs?? This is why I said earlier in the year that if Teddy didnt play when he was activated, we should've held him out the rest of the year. Which we've done so far but we are now at the point where the playoffs are about to be here and he has no IN GAME experience other than 2 check downs. Hopefully he can get some burn in the next two games but right now, IF Sam is healthy, he needs to be the #2. I feel 100% comfortable with Sam running the show if it ever came down to that in the playoffs. I dont feel that with Teddy
I guess it depends. If Sam is truly healthy and he's been working with the offense at some level, he'd probably be the guy. On the other hand, Bridgewater has been active for the last several weeks and presumably getting all the backup reps during that time. So in terms of what the coaches know about every QB on the roster at this point, they know more about Bridgewater than Bradford assuming Bradford hasn't been able to take any snaps during his recovery.

But I get where you're coming from and to be honest, the thought of either Bradford or Bridgewater having to step into a playoff game where the Vikings are not blowing their opponent out is a disturbing thought right now. I'm not sure I'd trust either one physically or mentally at this point. Let's hope that situation doesn't occur and Keenum can see this thing through to the end, whatever that may be this year.
ChicagoViking
Veteran

Post by ChicagoViking »

I was at the opening game against the Saints, and Bradford was fantastic. I was also at the Bears game here in Chicago, and Bradford was gawdawful. If Bradford is 100% healthy, his arm is arguably one of the top 3-4 best in the league. I would put him in as Keenum's backup. If he is anything less than 100% healthy, however, I would be afraid of a repeat of the Bears debacle. That first half was one of the worst halves of football I have ever seen.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

ChicagoViking wrote:I was at the opening game against the Saints, and Bradford was fantastic. I was also at the Bears game here in Chicago, and Bradford was gawdawful. If Bradford is 100% healthy, his arm is arguably one of the top 3-4 best in the league. I would put him in as Keenum's backup. If he is anything less than 100% healthy, however, I would be afraid of a repeat of the Bears debacle. That first half was one of the worst halves of football I have ever seen.
I think Keenum win his teammates over in that Chicago game. He came in and had it not been for a couple of lucky-#### plays by the Bears, the Vikings would have won handily.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Keenum for sure deserves to start but I agree with Sam being the number two. As for next year I'd let Sam go and draft a QB .
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

From what I've seen, I trust Bridgewater's knee more than Bradford's. Won't change my mind until I see Bradford drop back without limitation.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

808vikingsfan wrote:From what I've seen, I trust Bridgewater's knee more than Bradford's. Won't change my mind until I see Bradford drop back without limitation.
That I will agree with.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

If they put Bradford in for nno other reason then he is supposedly healthy, over Case, I am going to be very upset. Unless Case gets injured, I dont want to see Sam. Even if injured, I think Teddy is more ready to play. Heck we dont even know what was wrong with his knee fully.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

@CourtneyRCronin
1h
Sam Bradford expected back at practice next week after 8 weeks on injured reserve; Mike Zimmer says his availability for the playoffs will be determined after he practices espn.com/nfl/story/_/id…

@christomasson
3h
#Vikings coach Mike Zimmer hasn’t seen Sam Bradford work out but has talked to him: “He says (his knee) feels good. He’s been working out, doing things, getting on the field. He’s throwing the ball.’’
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Would they have to waive Sloter though? Can't see them carrying 4 Qs into the playoffs or is it different rules for playoff teams?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PacificNorseWest wrote:Would they have to waive Sloter though? Can't see them carrying 4 Qs into the playoffs or is it different rules for playoff teams?
They should just have to get down to 53 somehow. I wonder if McDermont sits out this week then is healthy enough to come back they simply waive Overbaugh (who took Easton's place) and use that spot for Bradford.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

ChicagoViking wrote:I was at the opening game against the Saints, and Bradford was fantastic. I was also at the Bears game here in Chicago, and Bradford was gawdawful. If Bradford is 100% healthy, his arm is arguably one of the top 3-4 best in the league. I would put him in as Keenum's backup. If he is anything less than 100% healthy, however, I would be afraid of a repeat of the Bears debacle. That first half was one of the worst halves of football I have ever seen.

I was the bears game as well! Something seemed off with Bradford that game.