View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:20 am



Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 It's time to give Case Keenum his due 
Author Message
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 24170
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: It's time to give Case Keenum his due
PurpleMustReign wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
I'll say it: postseason Case scares me.
But he even said it is uncharted territory for him, and who knows how he will play.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk


That's my concern.

I've reviewed some of his better and worse games and (unsurprisingly) the better the line holds up the better he is.

Easton was solid in pass protection. I worry the downgrade we see there will be more of an issue to the offensive production than has been discussed. Interior pressure is death. He's been great at climbing the pocket to avoid sacks. But when they come from the interior, the results are usually a sack.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:25 am
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 24170
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: It's time to give Case Keenum his due
PurpleMustReign wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
I'll say it: postseason Case scares me.
But he even said it is uncharted territory for him, and who knows how he will play.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk


That's my concern.

I've reviewed some of his better and worse games and (unsurprisingly) the better the line holds up the better he is.

Easton was solid in pass protection. I worry the downgrade we see there will be more of an issue to the offensive production than has been discussed. Interior pressure is death. He's been great at climbing the pocket to avoid sacks. But when they come from the interior, the results are usually a sack.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:25 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 8165
Location: Kentucky
Post Re: It's time to give Case Keenum his due
dead_poet wrote:
I'll say it: postseason Case scares me.


Postseason Vikings scare me period. Zimmer is basically just as unknown as Case in the playoffs. Thus far he's made one appearance for the Vikings and that was a loss (even if only by a last minute field goal miss). Before that it's not stellar either though.

His defense in the playoffs over the last 10 years;

  • Bengals 2009 @ home against Jets - Gave up 171 rushing yards and 2 TDs. Allowed 12/15 182 yards 1TD/0INT to Mark Sanchez. 0 sacks, 0 INTs, 0 FFs, lost 24-14 in the Wildcard round.
  • Bengals 2011 @ Houston - Gave up 188 rushing yards and 2TDs. Passing game was ok; 11/20, 159 yards 1TD/0INT to T.J. Yates. 2 sacks, 0 INTS, 0 FFs Lost 31 - 10 in Wildcard round.
  • Bengals 2012 @ Houston - Gave up 158 Rushing yards and 1 rushing TD. Matt Schaub went 29/38 for 262 yards 0TD/1INT. 0 Sacks, 1 INT, 0 FFs
  • Bengals 2013 @ Home against Chargers - gave up 196 rushing yards and 2 rushing TDs. Rivers went 12/16 for 128 yards and 1TD/0INT. 1 sack, 0 INT, 0 FFs

_________________
"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson


Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:30 am
Profile
Strong Safety
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:05 am
Posts: 11490
Location: California
Post Re: It's time to give Case Keenum his due
I just heard Bradford showed up to practice

Oh lord ... there going to find a way to screw
this up

_________________
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!


Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:09 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:23 pm
Posts: 3148
Location: Sebastian, FL
Post Re: It's time to give Case Keenum his due
Updated the numbers. Added TD and Int percentage, game W/L and Wilson.

Games, Nov 12th through Dec. 25th. (Wilson is Nov 9th. They had a bye on he 12th)

Code:
          Com   Att   Per   Yards    TD's  TD %   Ints   INT %   YPA      W/L
Keenum    155   219   70.8%   1748    14   6.4%    4     1.8%    8.0      6-1
Brady     161   235   68.5%   1846    14   6.0%    6     2.6%    7.9      6-1
Bortles   161   255   63.1%   1872    11   4.3%    6     2.4%    7.3      5-2
Goff      149   233   63.9%   1774    15   6.4%    3     1.3%    7.6      5-2
Roeth     192   286   67.1%   1985    18   6.3%    6     2.1%    6.9      6-1
Wilson    133   221   60.2%   1475    15   6.8%    5     2.0%    6.6      5-2

_________________
4th Quarter, 0:10 remaining, leading by 1, ball at home team 39, 3rd down & 10 to go,
Win Probability for the Saints: 99.76%.


Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:20 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:45 pm
Posts: 3186
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: It's time to give Case Keenum his due
Quote:
The concern here with Keenum is that he is missing these throws in the home stretch of the season. While the Rams, Panthers and Saints are hitting their stride right at playoff time, the Vikings are showing a few cracks on offense. Their pass pro has not been as good and as a result, Keenum is a bit more antsy in the pocket. Keenum has also been just generally a bit less accurate. Receivers are dropping balls a bit more often. But hitting big plays would go a long way to making up for offensive deficiencies.

Keenum’s Deep Throws Have to Improve



With this defense, it may not matter. But it also may be the difference between reaching the SB and not.

Vikings can't keep getting bailed out with PI calls or dropped interceptions. Keenum will need to up his game in the playoffs.

Love his pocket awareness, fight, leadership, no fear attitude. He needs to starting hitting the open deep man.

_________________
Joined: Aug 2006
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014


Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:37 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 18181
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: It's time to give Case Keenum his due
808vikingsfan wrote:
Quote:
The concern here with Keenum is that he is missing these throws in the home stretch of the season. While the Rams, Panthers and Saints are hitting their stride right at playoff time, the Vikings are showing a few cracks on offense. Their pass pro has not been as good and as a result, Keenum is a bit more antsy in the pocket. Keenum has also been just generally a bit less accurate. Receivers are dropping balls a bit more often. But hitting big plays would go a long way to making up for offensive deficiencies.

Keenum’s Deep Throws Have to Improve



With this defense, it may not matter. But it also may be the difference between reaching the SB and not.

Vikings can't keep getting bailed out with PI calls or dropped interceptions. Keenum will need to up his game in the playoffs.

Love his pocket awareness, fight, leadership, no fear attitude. He needs to starting hitting the open deep man.
I agree, but if he hasn't yet, he likely won't. He's very accurate on the move, so maybe do more of that.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬


Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:57 pm
Profile YIM WWW
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:14 am
Posts: 1136
Location: Miller, SD
Post Re: It's time to give Case Keenum his due
I am all in on the Case Keenum fan club. The guy has been impressive and is going to be the next Drew Brees, he is a LEADER!

_________________
From the Fjords of ValHalla


Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:33 am
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 24170
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: It's time to give Case Keenum his due
TeamChaplain wrote:
is going to be the next Drew Brees


:shock:

:gone:

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:27 am
Profile
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:38 am
Posts: 263
Post Re: It's time to give Case Keenum his due
dead_poet wrote:
TeamChaplain wrote:
is going to be the next Drew Brees


:shock:

:gone:


:point: I like what Case has done this year but the next Drew Brees?! Give me what you're having.. :ripple:

_________________
Offseason Goal: Draft durable, tough, intelligent offensive lineman who are dependable technicians and avoid penalties aka drive killers.


Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:03 am
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:14 am
Posts: 1136
Location: Miller, SD
Post Re: It's time to give Case Keenum his due
TeamChaplain wrote:
I am all in on the Case Keenum fan club. The guy has been impressive and is going to be the next Drew Brees, he is a LEADER!


https://screenshots.firefox.com/ejVfODR ... google.com

Here are Drew Brees Career Stats, I honestly don't think my statement is much of a reach, it could be a reach, but hey no one really knows.

_________________
From the Fjords of ValHalla


Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:28 pm
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10922
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: It's time to give Case Keenum his due
If someone offers Keenum a stupid amount of money this offseason, what are everyone's thoughts on Alex Smith? Since my brother is a Chief's fan, I've seen him play in person several times. I think he has a similar skill set to Keenum with a better long ball. Obviously we should be drafting for a long term solution but as a contingency, I think he would be a pretty good fit.


Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:53 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 6785
Post Re: It's time to give Case Keenum his due
TeamChaplain wrote:
TeamChaplain wrote:
I am all in on the Case Keenum fan club. The guy has been impressive and is going to be the next Drew Brees, he is a LEADER!


https://screenshots.firefox.com/ejVfODR ... google.com

Here are Drew Brees Career Stats, I honestly don't think my statement is much of a reach, it could be a reach, but hey no one really knows.

For all you guys busting on this comment, actually click on the link and look at the stats from Drew Brees' first five years.

They're eerily similar to Case's. As a matter of fact, Case's are better.

I'm not saying Keenum is the next Drew Brees. But their paths are similar. Brees was in a situation in San Diego where he wasn't really flourishing. Then he went to New Orleans, got with the right coach, and made a career for himself. Case was in bad situations with the Texans and Rams, and now he's in a good situation in Minnesota. Both are somewhat undersized. Neither has a cannon, but both are leaders. Again, I'm not saying Case Keenum is a Hall-of-Famer. But it wouldn't surprise me to see him move forward with the confidence of this year to forge a nice career for himself. And if he does, I'd rather it be as a Viking than with some team that might beat the Vikings.

_________________
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.


Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:03 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 18181
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: It's time to give Case Keenum his due
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
TeamChaplain wrote:
TeamChaplain wrote:
I am all in on the Case Keenum fan club. The guy has been impressive and is going to be the next Drew Brees, he is a LEADER!


https://screenshots.firefox.com/ejVfODR ... google.com

Here are Drew Brees Career Stats, I honestly don't think my statement is much of a reach, it could be a reach, but hey no one really knows.

For all you guys busting on this comment, actually click on the link and look at the stats from Drew Brees' first five years.

They're eerily similar to Case's. As a matter of fact, Case's are better.

I'm not saying Keenum is the next Drew Brees. But their paths are similar. Brees was in a situation in San Diego where he wasn't really flourishing. Then he went to New Orleans, got with the right coach, and made a career for himself. Case was in bad situations with the Texans and Rams, and now he's in a good situation in Minnesota. Both are somewhat undersized. Neither has a cannon, but both are leaders. Again, I'm not saying Case Keenum is a Hall-of-Famer. But it wouldn't surprise me to see him move forward with the confidence of this year to forge a nice career for himself. And if he does, I'd rather it be as a Viking than with some team that might beat the Vikings.
I agree. I was surprised to see how similar their stats were.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬


Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:38 am
Posts: 263
Post Re: It's time to give Case Keenum his due
S197 wrote:
If someone offers Keenum a stupid amount of money this offseason, what are everyone's thoughts on Alex Smith? Since my brother is a Chief's fan, I've seen him play in person several times. I think he has a similar skill set to Keenum with a better long ball. Obviously we should be drafting for a long term solution but as a contingency, I think he would be a pretty good fit.


I'd be cool with Smith. I wouldn't feel comfortable breaking the bank for keenum, Smith, or cousins though. I hope they draft one in the first 4 rounds.

_________________
Offseason Goal: Draft durable, tough, intelligent offensive lineman who are dependable technicians and avoid penalties aka drive killers.


Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:57 am
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 am
Posts: 2360
Location: Seattle, Wa
Post Re: It's time to give Case Keenum his due
I’m not in on the Alex Smith idea. He’s the checkdown master and will become frustrating very quickly. I don’t think a team is going to offer Keenum insane money though.

He might go elsewhere if he feels the Vikings are lowballing him, but that doesn’t necessarily mean he gets the money he wants from another team.


Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:41 pm
Profile
Backup
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:06 pm
Posts: 98
Post Re: It's time to give Case Keenum his due
I would rather have Case stay here out of all the qbs listed. He seems to have the it factor not one thing inpaticular but wins games.


Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:57 am
Profile
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:38 am
Posts: 263
Post Re: It's time to give Case Keenum his due
Great video I came across today. Case Keenum has guts.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 6CgiqI5QJA

Also found it amusing how Sean Payton's suspension was on the ticker. Also Bradford is on the tv over Gruden's shoulder about 12 minutes in. I think Case likes people doubting him and will show he's for real this Sunday.

_________________
Offseason Goal: Draft durable, tough, intelligent offensive lineman who are dependable technicians and avoid penalties aka drive killers.


Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:05 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:12 pm
Posts: 5679
Location: The Great White North
Post Re: It's time to give Case Keenum his due
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
I'm not saying Keenum is the next Drew Brees. But their paths are similar. Brees was in a situation in San Diego where he wasn't really flourishing. Then he went to New Orleans, got with the right coach, and made a career for himself. Case was in bad situations with the Texans and Rams, and now he's in a good situation in Minnesota. Both are somewhat undersized. Neither has a cannon, but both are leaders. Again, I'm not saying Case Keenum is a Hall-of-Famer. But it wouldn't surprise me to see him move forward with the confidence of this year to forge a nice career for himself. And if he does, I'd rather it be as a Viking than with some team that might beat the Vikings.


I think what is also forgotten with Keenum is that he had a lot of success in college. IIRC, many pundits said he would have been a clear 1st round pick if he were just 2 inches taller. Which is just a silly thing to think about. In college, playing at the top level, he dominated - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Case_Keenum#NCAA_records

While I don't know if he will be the next Drew Brees, he has shown he can make plays and play the position at multiple levels. Maybe he didn't light the NFL on fire early in his career, but as you point out, sometimes the right guy with the right team at the right time can make all the difference (if that rings a faint bell with anyone, you're probably a fan of Half Life 2...).

Rise and shine, Mr. Keenum... Rise, and shine...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HBwxbWVb-M

Somehow seems appropriate here with us, the long suffering Vikings fans, being the GMan...


Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:21 pm
Profile
Backup
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:21 am
Posts: 78
Location: Sleepy Eye, Minnesota
Post Re: It's time to give Case Keenum his due
Nice HL2 reference VL; you play the original as well as its expansions?

I think Keenum has all the skills to carve out a great career for himself, and I definitely hope we can keep him.


Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:33 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 6785
Post Re: It's time to give Case Keenum his due
Rhodes Closed wrote:
Nice HL2 reference VL; you play the original as well as its expansions?

I think Keenum has all the skills to carve out a great career for himself, and I definitely hope we can keep him.

ESPN is reporting from "league sources" that if Shurmur gets hired as a head coach by a team that needs a QB, he might take Keenum with him.

That would pretty much suck.

_________________
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.


Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:36 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 24170
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: It's time to give Case Keenum his due
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Rhodes Closed wrote:
Nice HL2 reference VL; you play the original as well as its expansions?

I think Keenum has all the skills to carve out a great career for himself, and I definitely hope we can keep him.

ESPN is reporting from "league sources" that if Shurmur gets hired as a head coach by a team that needs a QB, he might take Keenum with him.

That would pretty much suck.


Yes, but at least that way the Vikings wouldn't be in a great position to proactively make the "wrong" decision.

Man, this QB situation is bananas.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:43 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:12 pm
Posts: 5679
Location: The Great White North
Post Re: It's time to give Case Keenum his due
Rhodes Closed wrote:
Nice HL2 reference VL; you play the original as well as its expansions?

I think Keenum has all the skills to carve out a great career for himself, and I definitely hope we can keep him.


Thanks. I played them all. Valve did such a fantastic job with not just the games, but developing the story. I am still struggling with the fact that there will be no HL3 and no conclusion to the story.


Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:28 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:45 pm
Posts: 3186
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: It's time to give Case Keenum his due
Quote:
Last offseason, the Vikings were looking to replace Shaun Hill as the backup quarterback to Sam Bradford. They wanted a veteran who was in the sweet spot between young enough and cheap enough. There weren't many options.

They studied Keenum's performance with the Rams and focused on the positives. He won four games with a bad team. He had an outstanding performance against the Lions. His teammates made him a captain.

Vikings general manager Rick Spielman talked himself into making Keenum a one-year, $2 million offer.

Through offseason workouts and training camp, the Vikings weren't sure whether Keenum would beat out fellow backup Taylor Heinicke. As Keenum was throwing interceptions in camp, it became fair to wonder if he would be any different in his fifth pro offense than he was in his first four. Even after Keenum had a decent preseason, no one felt confident in his ability to win games if he had to play.


How Case Keenum Went from Unwanted Free Agent to Leader of the NFC Favorites

_________________
Joined: Aug 2006
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014


Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:09 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4738
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: It's time to give Case Keenum his due
808vikingsfan wrote:
Quote:
Last offseason, the Vikings were looking to replace Shaun Hill as the backup quarterback to Sam Bradford. They wanted a veteran who was in the sweet spot between young enough and cheap enough. There weren't many options.

They studied Keenum's performance with the Rams and focused on the positives. He won four games with a bad team. He had an outstanding performance against the Lions. His teammates made him a captain.

Vikings general manager Rick Spielman talked himself into making Keenum a one-year, $2 million offer.

Through offseason workouts and training camp, the Vikings weren't sure whether Keenum would beat out fellow backup Taylor Heinicke. As Keenum was throwing interceptions in camp, it became fair to wonder if he would be any different in his fifth pro offense than he was in his first four. Even after Keenum had a decent preseason, no one felt confident in his ability to win games if he had to play.


How Case Keenum Went from Unwanted Free Agent to Leader of the NFC Favorites


I read this article yesterday. Excellent read. How do you not love Keenum after reading that?

_________________
Image


Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:51 am
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 6785
Post Re: It's time to give Case Keenum his due
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
808vikingsfan wrote:
Quote:
Last offseason, the Vikings were looking to replace Shaun Hill as the backup quarterback to Sam Bradford. They wanted a veteran who was in the sweet spot between young enough and cheap enough. There weren't many options.

They studied Keenum's performance with the Rams and focused on the positives. He won four games with a bad team. He had an outstanding performance against the Lions. His teammates made him a captain.

Vikings general manager Rick Spielman talked himself into making Keenum a one-year, $2 million offer.

Through offseason workouts and training camp, the Vikings weren't sure whether Keenum would beat out fellow backup Taylor Heinicke. As Keenum was throwing interceptions in camp, it became fair to wonder if he would be any different in his fifth pro offense than he was in his first four. Even after Keenum had a decent preseason, no one felt confident in his ability to win games if he had to play.


How Case Keenum Went from Unwanted Free Agent to Leader of the NFC Favorites


I read this article yesterday. Excellent read. How do you not love Keenum after reading that?

Truly is a good read and a great story.

What kills me is that the national media pay no attention to this part of it. Oh sure, they talk about the fact that he was undrafted, but mostly they keep asking, "Do you really trust Case Keenum?" The answer ought to be, and precisely BECAUSE of his story. They ought to be talking about how nobody wanted him, even when he was coming out of high school. How he bonds with his teammates. How beats everybody to the facility every morning, even his coaches. How he's developed this almost telekinetic relationship with Adam Thielen, another unwanted, undrafted player who made himself great. How even Teddy Bridgewater, his chief competition for both playing time and fan loyalty, loves and respects him.

They all romanticize the fact that Tom Brady was a 6th-round draft choice, but at least Brady was drafted, AND he was recruited by Michigan, a college superpower. Almost nobody wanted Keenum.

My hope is that the Vikings make the Super Bowl, and during the endless lead-up stories that come out, the national media finally realize what this man has done to make himself into an excellent player. Maybe NBC could do a piece about both him and Thielen.

_________________
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.


Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:52 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:07 pm
Posts: 569
Post Re: It's time to give Case Keenum his due
J. Kapp 11 wrote:

What kills me is that the national media pay no attention to this part of it. Oh sure, they talk about the fact that he was undrafted, but mostly they keep asking, "Do you really trust Case Keenum?" The answer ought to be, and precisely BECAUSE of his story. They ought to be talking about how nobody wanted him, even when he was coming out of high school. How he bonds with his teammates. How beats everybody to the facility every morning, even his coaches. How he's developed this almost telekinetic relationship with Adam Thielen, another unwanted, undrafted player who made himself great. How even Teddy Bridgewater, his chief competition for both playing time and fan loyalty, loves and respects him.

They all romanticize the fact that Tom Brady was a 6th-round draft choice, but at least Brady was drafted, AND he was recruited by Michigan, a college superpower. Almost nobody wanted Keenum.

My hope is that the Vikings make the Super Bowl, and during the endless lead-up stories that come out, the national media finally realize what this man has done to make himself into an excellent player. Maybe NBC could do a piece about both him and Thielen.


I'm not saying you're wrong. In fact, you are very spot on, but I think the media has a Nick Foles hangover and won't give Keenum his due unless he wins the superbowl.


Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:35 am
Profile
Transition Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:07 am
Posts: 344
Post Re: It's time to give Case Keenum his due
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Rhodes Closed wrote:
Nice HL2 reference VL; you play the original as well as its expansions?

I think Keenum has all the skills to carve out a great career for himself, and I definitely hope we can keep him.

ESPN is reporting from "league sources" that if Shurmur gets hired as a head coach by a team that needs a QB, he might take Keenum with him.

That would pretty much suck.


Keenum isn't a pair of socks. Shurmur cant just stuff him a suitcase and take him with. Maybe he'll take Bradford? Who knows at this point? It's all speculation and conjecture.


Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:17 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], LondonViking and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.