Playoff scenarios

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7022
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm

Re: Playoff scenarios

Post by J. Kapp 11 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:41 pm

Geez, Philly got lucky.

Derek Carr gives the game away with yet another pick. The Eagles, with 11 total yards in the entire second half, manage two first downs and a long field goal.

Carr is afraid of Philly's pass rush.

Doesn't matter. Philly can't beat us with that offense.
0 x
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8378
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: Playoff scenarios

Post by PurpleKoolaid » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:44 pm

Philly looks like a 1 and done team in the playoffs, at home or not. Although the thought of playing another road game in the cold scares me.
0 x

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8378
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: Playoff scenarios

Post by PurpleKoolaid » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:45 pm

Oh yeah, Carr sucks! Glad we got Teddy over him.
0 x

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 11407
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Playoff scenarios

Post by S197 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:59 pm

Infuriating how bad the Raiders were tonight. Carr was awful as was their line.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
0 x

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 18543
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN
Contact:

Re: Playoff scenarios

Post by PurpleMustReign » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:08 am

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Philly looks like a 1 and done team in the playoffs, at home or not. Although the thought of playing another road game in the cold scares me.
Which means they will get lucky squeak by their first game and we will have to go there.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
0 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬

User avatar
Demarates
Backup
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:45 am

Re: Playoff scenarios

Post by Demarates » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:01 am

PurpleMustReign wrote:Which means they will get lucky squeak by their first game and we will have to go there.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
I can see them squeaking by a lesser team like the Chiefs or the Titans, but most likely the Eagles will face the Rams.

So there will be no squeaking. :nono:

One and out for Philly and the Rams will face us in our house. :beerock:

PS : Carr = second best paid QB in the league... :roll:
0 x
Tene Quod Bene

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 11407
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Playoff scenarios

Post by S197 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:49 pm

Rams won't be playing their starters this week. They're electing to go with rest saying #3 or #4 seed doesn't make much difference. So that's one #2 playoff seed scenario likely gone for Vikings.
0 x

User avatar
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3482
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:45 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Playoff scenarios

Post by 808vikingsfan » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:31 pm

S197 wrote:Rams won't be playing their starters this week. They're electing to go with rest saying #3 or #4 seed doesn't make much difference. So that's one #2 playoff seed scenario likely gone for Vikings.
Frankly, I can see every game go against the Vikings this weekend.

If this is truly a different run than years past, the Vikings will take care of Chicago.
0 x
Joined: Aug 2006
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8378
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: Playoff scenarios

Post by PurpleKoolaid » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:37 pm

This is going to sound pessimistic, but when I first got into the Vikings, and was just starting football in HS, I remember another Vikings team with a good D. I think it was '86 or '87, and we played Washington. And Darrin frigging Nelson dropped a TD catch in the endzone that would have won it, or tied it. I was sick for a week after that, seriously. I really hope we see a dominant D against the Bears this week, and stop the run. And contain whatever QB we face. I doubt Trib runs that much though.
0 x

User avatar
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3482
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:45 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Playoff scenarios

Post by 808vikingsfan » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:31 pm

PurpleKoolaid wrote:This is going to sound pessimistic, but when I first got into the Vikings, and was just starting football in HS, I remember another Vikings team with a good D. I think it was '86 or '87, and we played Washington. And Darrin frigging Nelson dropped a TD catch in the endzone that would have won it, or tied it. I was sick for a week after that, seriously. I really hope we see a dominant D against the Bears this week, and stop the run. And contain whatever QB we face. I doubt Trib runs that much though.
This one

0 x
Joined: Aug 2006
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014

User avatar
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6627
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Playoff scenarios

Post by HardcoreVikesFan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:33 pm

Pretty simple: We have to beat Chicago. We cannot sit here and worry about other teams. If we want the bye, we need to earn it. I fully trust that this team will take care of business this Sunday. I am looking forward to Sunday's game. SKOL.
0 x
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.

User avatar
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3229
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:23 pm
Location: Sebastian, FL

Re: Playoff scenarios

Post by Raptorman » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:18 pm

For the heck of it. Offensive points per game and defensive points per game the last 4 weeks.

Code: Select all

	       OPPG	DPPG
Eagles	  27	  25
Vikings	 22	  12
Saints	  26	  18
Rams	    34	  22
Panthers	26	  25
Falcon	  17	  19
Seahawks	19	  24
Right now, I see the Saints as the biggest threat.
0 x
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 18543
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN
Contact:

Re: Playoff scenarios

Post by PurpleMustReign » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:06 pm

Raptorman wrote:For the heck of it. Offensive points per game and defensive points per game the last 4 weeks.

Code: Select all

	       OPPG	DPPG
Eagles	  27	  25
Vikings	 22	  12
Saints	  26	  18
Rams	    34	  22
Panthers	26	  25
Falcon	  17	  19
Seahawks	19	  24
Right now, I see the Saints as the biggest threat.
For me it's the Saints and the Rams. I do think trust the Rams to not play poorly here and I really think Drew Brees is having his best season since 2009.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
0 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬

cstelter
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 806
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 9:08 pm
Location: Training Camp Central

Re: Playoff scenarios

Post by cstelter » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:20 pm

Added a column.
Raptorman wrote:For the heck of it. Offensive points per game and defensive points per game the last 4 weeks.

Code: Select all

	       OPPG	DPPG  DIFF
Eagles	  27	  25     2
Vikings	 22	  12    10
Saints	  26	  18     8
Rams	    34	  22    12
Panthers	26	  25     1
Falcon	  17	  19    -2
Seahawks	19	  24    -6
Right now, I see the Saints as the biggest threat.
0 x
Craig S
Image

User avatar
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3229
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:23 pm
Location: Sebastian, FL

Re: Playoff scenarios

Post by Raptorman » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:44 pm

PurpleMustReign wrote:For me it's the Saints and the Rams. I do think trust the Rams to not play poorly here and I really think Drew Brees is having his best season since 2009.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Actually for the Saints, I think it's their running game. When they are held to 101 yards or less they only score 20 points a game. When they run for more than 120 yards a game it's like 34 points per game.
0 x
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966

Post Reply