Week 16 Reaction Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Week 16 Reaction Thread

Post by dead_poet »

Easton, McDermott injured. Sirles was terrible (Isadora?).

Offense was not good. Case was bad. Shurmer had a poor game as well.

Defensive grade: B+
Offensive grade: D+

Game ball to Smith

We'll need to play a heck of a lot better than that to make it to the Super Bowl.

Have at it.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Week 16 Reaction Thread

Post by 808vikingsfan »

I'd also consider Diggs for a game ball. Beating his man on the PI play and great footwork on the TD.

Game was kinda what I expected. A grind. Glad they came out with a W. Hopefully McDermott is ok
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

dead_poet wrote:Easton, McDermott injured. Sirles was terrible (Isadora?).

Offense was not good. Case was bad. Shurmer had a poor game as well.

Defensive grade: B+
Offensive grade: D+

Game ball to Smith

We'll need to play a heck of a lot better than that to make it to the Super Bowl.

Have at it.
Agree with everything except giving the defense a B+. GB moved the ball a lot for having no named players, other then Cobb, for most of the game. If it was against a good offense, like the Pats, then yes, I would give them a B+ as well. But we had all of our starters playing and could have easily lost.
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

If Carolina loses this week or next week, we are guaranteed a bye. We can also guarantee a bye by beating Chicago next week.

Did Rieff come back in?
Last edited by 720pete on Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Agree with everything except giving the defense a B+. GB moved the ball a lot for having no named players, other then Cobb, for most of the game. If it was against a good offense, like the Pats, then yes, I would give them a B+ as well. But we had all of our starters playing and could have easily lost.
True, but it's darn hard to shut out a team. Especially on the road. Feels weird and kind of unfair to give a "C" or lower to a unit that goose-egged their opponent.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Wow. You guys are harsh.

About 24 hours ago, many of you were posting things like, "We just need to get out of Lambeau with a W. I don't care how."

Now because we didn't do it with style points, we suck.

The Vikings were favored by 9 at Lambeau. They won by 16. They pitched a shutout, first in 24 years. They're 12-3. And you guys are complaining.

Take the win and move on.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

We shut out the pack in Lambeau! David Morgan for game ball. Go Bucs! Merry Christmas!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I would give the defense a C+. Green Bay moved the ball too well, and yes they didn't score, but I would argue they shot themselves more than the Vikings stopped them. On a couple of drives.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Refocused: Minnesota Vikings 16, Green Bay Packers
S HARRISON SMITH, 99.9 OVERALL GRADE
After getting snubbed in the Pro Bowl vote, our highest-graded safety showed why he should have took home that honor. He was utterly dominant and he took over the game from the start. Smith recorded eight tackles, five of which were stops. He also allowed only three catches on five targets for 21 yards and picked off two passes, paving the way to a 99.9 overall grade for the game. Smith showed he is one of the few safeties who can be a force as a free or a strong safety.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Hitman should have had gameball, but I like that Zimmer gave it to Morgan. He was pretty clutch. Turnovers can be a nightmare in that type of game.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Wow. You guys are harsh.

About 24 hours ago, many of you were posting things like, "We just need to get out of Lambeau with a W. I don't care how."

Now because we didn't do it with style points, we suck.

The Vikings were favored by 9 at Lambeau. They won by 16. They pitched a shutout, first in 24 years. They're 12-3. And you guys are complaining.

Take the win and move on.
I'm with you, Kapp. I expected a game much like the playoff game two years ago against the Seahawks. That was a Walsh brain fart away from being a pretty solid 12-10 home victory. It's tough to play in the cold! This one never felt in doubt, just the final score. The only thing that made me nervous was going to be losing the shutout late again.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

I expected a hard fought game and the Vikings got a hard fought game. The offense was a bit off, but the Packer defense gave it everything they had and really came after Case. As it was, the Vikings also benefited from some sloppy play on offense by the Packers with a lot of dropped passes. Had the Packers executed better, it might have been a different outcome.

Now on to the Bears at home, which should be a much better game for the Vikings. Tough to win outside at Lambeau this time of year no matter who steps on the field, so getting a W here and setting themselves up for a first round bye is a fantastic result no matter how it looked.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

My favorite quote

OneWizardsPlease• 5h
Confirmed. Aaron Rodgers has been keeping everyone employed
the last 6 years. I can’t decide if our receivers or Hundley is the
problem in our offense. And as always make sure to Fire Capers.

Lmao
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!