Enemy Fan Forums - Greenbay Packers

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Enemy Fan Forums - Greenbay Packers

Post by Cliff »

Other than the title it's pretty much them just hating their management. Many of the threads descend into who they'd like to see in the super bowl (anyone but the Vikings, NE, or Seattle in most cases), which new DC and/or coach they want to see, the list of players they want have benched to avoid injury, and general sadness. The forums are all sadness with a hint of anger.

Queens v.s. Packers: AR Revenge or play for draft positioning?
I wouldn’t doubt if 12 is done for the year. I hope for draft positioning, but hate losing on purpose. And unfortunately the Vikings don’t suck this year. This will be a fun NFC playoffs with all the new blood.......except the obvious pain we will feel. At this point I just wish the Pats and Steelers lose.
Maybe Rodgers doesn't play due to being safe with the injury, but there is absolutely no way the team plays for a better pick.
Win or lose, I want the defense to allow 50+ points to increase the odds of Capers being fired.
Play for draft positioning. Start Callahan on Sunday and see what the kid can do to determine if they can move on from Hundley. And honestly, if the Patriots win another Super Bowl, I’m done with the NFL and just sticking to Saturday football next year. I’m so sick of that team winning ball games on lucky plays. Getting to the point of winning is skill, but this final is play crap is just annoying to watch. Hate their pretenscious fans. Hate Bob Kraft and his constant use of the only big word he knows (unequivocally). Hate Matt Patricia’s stupid beard and how he gets any sort of credit for having what is really a garbage defensive game plan every week. That secondary should be the best in the league.
I'm conflicted - One hand I want the Packers to kick the sh** out of the Vikings and the Lions, on the other I want cluster-f*** losses of epic proportions where the organization is so embarrassed that they fire Thompson, Capers, and McCarthy before the flight back to Green Bay.
Week 16 : Minnesota @ Green Bay
Things that I want to see.
  • -Commit to the running game.
  • -Allow McCray to start in place of Evans
  • -The young kids play.
  • -NO Jordy or Davante
  • -More Biegel and M. Adams
  • -Hundley throw the ball downfield more often.
  • -When he does I'd like Michael Clark or Trevor Davis be the target.
  • -Somebody blindside and earhole Anthony Barr, but that is probably just me.

Generally a list I can absolutely agree with. I got rid of the two I am doubtful about. The "young kids" puzzles me. The defensive backfield is already on their third string, so do you want to put in some high school kids? Just kidding! Just kidding!

I'd also sit Adams for the rest of the year. He's already proven he's a high priority re-sign. I'd like to see if Nelson can finally break out of his slump. With no Adams, it would force Hundley to try to find Nelson, if he is actually open. Davis would be more likely to see game time, since he has probably been working with Hundley on the scout team. Clark is apparently a "work in progress".

No, getting revenge on Barr would accomplish nothing, and would simply lower the Packers to the level of cheap shot a-holes. Besides, remember, there was no flag and no league punishment for Barr's shot. It was unnecessary, but not at the level of Davis' hit on Adams. You don't elevate the level of play by getting into the gutter.
I hate this game already, LOL.
Vikings Lead-Up: Packers Eliminated; Rodgers IR'd
Rodgers should absolutely sit. No reason to put him in harms way these last two games. I'd give Callahan a start. Might as well see what you have in him.
Lol, just like that, what could've been the biggest game of the year just turned into the least anticipated game at Lambeau in probably a decade. Expect to see A LOT of purple on Saturday.
SHUT IT DOWNNNNNNNNNNNN

Nothing to gain at this point. There is a very slim possibility that we could end up with the 10th pick at this point if we lose both and things break our way.
Packers should IR Rodgers, Adams, Bahktiari, Clark, Burnett & Perry. Should also sit Jordy, Daniels, Martinez, Haha, & Cobb. No reason to risk anyone who we plan on being a big part of our team next year. In the same breath should let some younger guys get some burn like Hundley, Callahan, Clark, Davis, Pankey, McCray, M. Adams, etc.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Enemy Fan Forums - Greenbay Packers

Post by mansquatch »

I hate and despise the Packers.

That being said, I agree with the sentiment towards McCarthy and Thompson, especially Thompson. They have the most gifted QB in the league in his prime. They also, by far, have the best QB in the NFC. The fact they have only been to one SB since Rogers started is an embarrassment, one that should almost entirely be blamed on management's inability to find quality players to surround Rogers so they can contend every season.

What is even more criminal about it is Thompson's strategy of avoiding Free Agency. That only works if they are extremely smart in the draft, yet as we've seen every year since 2010, the team gets weaker and weaker. I felt it hit critical mass in 2015 when they went on a skid and then again last year when at one point they were 4-6. They are 100% a 1 man show, depending entirely on Rogers to overcome all the other flaws in the organization.

Thompson = Most Overrated GM in the NFL

McCarthy, while not as bad as Thompson is also worthy of blame since he has been unable to coach up players at positions outside of maybe WR.

While I can't stand leadership mediocrity like that exhibited in Green Bay, I admit no small amount of joy that it is happening in Green Bay. :slice:

I look at GB's situation and I am glad we have Spielman. I also wish we could for once hit the QB lottery.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

No love lost for Barr in GB. I guess they really think that was a cheap shot. 9 times out of 10, the refs would throw the flag simply because it was Erin, they are just so used to that.

I really hope they dont fire everyone. They have proved they are barely an average team without a superstar QB. Who knows what Pitt and the Pats would look like without their QBs.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:No love lost for Barr in GB. I guess they really think that was a cheap shot. 9 times out of 10, the refs would throw the flag simply because it was Erin, they are just so used to that.

I really hope they dont fire everyone. They have proved they are barely an average team without a superstar QB. Who knows what Pitt and the Pats would look like without their QBs.
This is why I think we have one of the best, if not the best roster in the NFL along with Philly. And I still think we're better than Philly. All the credit goes to Spielman and Zim. This is how you build a team. Through and through.

Not just rely on Aaron Rodgers to get you to the promised land. This just shows how bad Thompsons picks have been. I've been saying for a while on here that he is a below average GM.

First of all, Davante Adams is the only good WR on that roster. Continues to perform with a bum at QB. Jordy Nelson is simply a product of Aaron Rodgers. Look at his numbers. 571 yards by week 16? 6 TDs all coming when Rodgers was the QB. He's the "Number One" WR in GB and those are his numbers with two games left. It's no different than players with Manning or Brady. Brandon Stokley, Wes Welker, Dallas Clark, Julian Edelman. They are all products of their QBs and thats the only reason anyone knows who they are. Go put Nelson on a team with poor QB play. Well....he's on one now and look how pathetic his numbers are.

Second, they passed over so many good RBs in this years class because they were mainly relying on a converted WR that has never once been a good RB in Montgomery. Passed on Cook, Hunt and Kamara. Their rookie RBs havent been bad but they arent good either.

Third, when was the last time they had a TE that was relevant??

And finally, that defense is a train wreck. They havent been relevant in years. They cant draft a DB to save their life and that is a big reason they havent been able to get to the SB. Because they cant ever stop anybody.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
And finally, that defense is a train wreck. They havent been relevant in years. They cant draft a DB to save their life and that is a big reason they havent been able to get to the SB. Because they cant ever stop anybody.

It's not the players they drafted. It' the DC. The game has passed Capers defensive schemes by. Defensive players that have left the Packers the last few years seem to do just fine on other teams. So, I hope they keep him a few more years.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

I do not think it would be unfair to say their front office relies more on luck than anything else. Guys like Adams are the exception vs. the norm when it comes to their drafting. Most often they miss. You could make a case that the good players they have are just the result of having so many picks over the years that eventually you'll hit just out of luck. Given the state of their WR I'd say Adams is a product of that. On defense, LOL, if I were Capers I'd be seriously upset.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

An elite QB can cover for a lot of contentment/laziness of the front office. Not just GB, look at Seattle and what's happening to them. Not fixing their O-line has really come home to roost.

From what I've read (which admittedly isn't much) it seems like Packer fans want most for Capers to be fired. Pretty classy of the one fan to scold the other fan about the Barr comment. The Davis hit to Adams and the Barr TACKLE on Rodgers were light years apart.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

S197 wrote:An elite QB can cover for a lot of contentment/laziness of the front office. Not just GB, look at Seattle and what's happening to them. Not fixing their O-line has really come home to roost.

From what I've read (which admittedly isn't much) it seems like Packer fans want most for Capers to be fired. Pretty classy of the one fan to scold the other fan about the Barr comment. The Davis hit to Adams and the Barr TACKLE on Rodgers were light years apart.
My uncle lived in GB for a few years and he used to get in arguments with people about TED Thompson. It was back when Rodgers was coming into his own and just before GB won the Super Bowl. He told them the Packers would never win another SB with Thompson as the GM. He died a few years ago, but so darn he is right.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

mansquatch wrote:I hate and despise the Packers.

That being said, I agree with the sentiment towards McCarthy and Thompson, especially Thompson. They have the most gifted QB in the league in his prime. They also, by far, have the best QB in the NFC. The fact they have only been to one SB since Rogers started is an embarrassment, one that should almost entirely be blamed on management's inability to find quality players to surround Rogers so they can contend every season.
Have you all taken a look at the Packers season results? I hadn't remembered that they have four wins since Rodgers went down. Bears, Bengals, Browns, and Bucs. I guess if they play "B" teams, they are OK. But look at the fact that they needed overtime to win three of those, two at home! They were taken to overtime by three teams with a combined record of 9-30! Talk about playing down to your level of competition.

I kind of like the fact that they just didn't stink enough so that they won those three or four games, and that's probably going to be the difference between drafting around pick 7 and drafting around pick 16, which is a huge amount of draft capital, and considering how many of the fans want them to tank for draft position. It's probably the true definition of pyhrric victories for them.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

John_Viveiros wrote: Have you all taken a look at the Packers season results? I hadn't remembered that they have four wins since Rodgers went down. Bears, Bengals, Browns, and Bucs. I guess if they play "B" teams, they are OK. But look at the fact that they needed overtime to win three of those, two at home! They were taken to overtime by three teams with a combined record of 9-30! Talk about playing down to your level of competition.

I kind of like the fact that they just didn't stink enough so that they won those three or four games, and that's probably going to be the difference between drafting around pick 7 and drafting around pick 16, which is a huge amount of draft capital, and considering how many of the fans want them to tank for draft position. It's probably the true definition of pyhrric victories for them.
Dang ... pyhrric. Nice word. I had to look it up.

Adjective for a victory won at too great a cost to have been worthwhile for the victor.

It's 6:20 am, and I've already learned something. Can't say it, but I know what it is now.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

The one anomaly game was the road game against PIT. They almost pulled that out thanks to a solid game by Hunley and a lot of turnovers by the Steelers. That game is why I think PIT is less dominating than they appear. If I had to choose, at this juncture I'd rather play the Steelers over the Patriots in the SB. I think our defense has what it takes to contain the killer Bs. I'm not so sure we have an answer for Gronk / Brady. I also fear that Belicik will come up with a way to make Keenum come back to earth.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

mansquatch wrote:The one anomaly game was the road game against PIT. They almost pulled that out thanks to a solid game by Hunley and a lot of turnovers by the Steelers. That game is why I think PIT is less dominating than they appear. If I had to choose, at this juncture I'd rather play the Steelers over the Patriots in the SB. I think our defense has what it takes to contain the killer Bs. I'm not so sure we have an answer for Gronk / Brady. I also fear that Belicik will come up with a way to make Keenum come back to earth.
Hundley is better than many think. I djnt know why he isn't getting more credit. If nothing else, he's assured himself of a nice payday this off season.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

I read the first few quotes and all I could think was how I'm so glad that we're not in this position this time. It's the worst.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

PacificNorseWest wrote:I read the first few quotes and all I could think was how I'm so glad that we're not in this position this time. It's the worst.
It's funny how they are taking their good times for granted. They have been so spoiled for the last 20+ years.

PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Yeah...Certainties at the QB position do that to you though...At least, I imagine.