offensive Line

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Laserman
Hall of Famer

offensive Line

Post by Laserman »

Hey, What happened to our Offensive line? I thought this problem got solved then low and behold two weeks ago we start having problems with the Line again. Who is injured? When will they heal up and be ready for Battle? This isn't over yet. Packers got old droopey back and would love nothing more than to catch us. Crap, We need More Lineman, we can't go to Pieces when 1-2 of these guys get hurt. I've been saying the game is won on the Line and finally somebody is hearing it. We have More Offensive Line Addressing to do this Off season.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: offensive Line

Post by dead_poet »

Laserman wrote:Hey, What happened to our Offensive line? I thought this problem got solved then low and behold two weeks ago we start having problems with the Line again. Who is injured? When will they heal up and be ready for Battle? This isn't over yet. Packers got old droopey back and would love nothing more than to catch us. Crap, We need More Lineman, we can't go to Pieces when 1-2 of these guys get hurt. I've been saying the game is won on the Line and finally somebody is hearing it. We have More Offensive Line Addressing to do this Off season.
Reiff got injured last week. Remmers has been out for like 6 weeks with a concussion and lower back. Elflein was out last week with a shoulder. Good news is we should get Remmers and Elflein back this week. Reiff might be another week but probably not much more (dodged a bullet there). Luckily we have Hill, who's more than serviceable. Honestly, not many (any?) teams can withstand injuries to 2-3 offensive linemen without really feeling the effects. I'm honestly shocked at the turnaround of the retooled line this year. We need more interior guys with Berger likely retiring (maybe Price from OSU) but Rick did a heck of a job this year. I'm hopeful for Isidora as well.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

It's been night and day from the last few years for sure. But yes, injuries were causing problems last week.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Remmers and Elflein should solidify the line a bit, and a little more depth. I think Hill is in a bit of a tail spin the last 2 games hes played. I hope he knows what hes been doing wrong lately.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Look, the line went into last week's game banged up, with guys playing out of position, and then more guys got hurt. Now you've not only got backups in there, but they're not playing at their primary positions (namely Hill, who's a backup tackle who had to switch from RT to LT during the game and Berger, who's experienced at center but not our starter).

The biggest thing for us is to get everybody healthy. I won't say "in time for the playoffs" because we haven't clinched. Until we do, I won't say those words. Even though I just did.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Remmers and Elflein should solidify the line a bit, and a little more depth. I think Hill is in a bit of a tail spin the last 2 games hes played. I hope he knows what hes been doing wrong lately.
Agreed. Hill didn’t look good last week. Looks like he has some trouble with speed rushers. Hopefully it gets fixed
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Look at it this way our back ups are better than our
starters ... goodbye Khalil and Clemmings
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
TeamChaplain
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TeamChaplain »

I would really like to see the team continue building the OL through the draft.
From the Fjords of ValHalla
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

TeamChaplain wrote:I would really like to see the team continue building the OL through the draft.
Give me Price at 32.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

dead_poet wrote: Give me Price at 32.
You could give me Tim Tebow's sister at 32 as long as you promise that's where we draft...
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

DK Sweets wrote:You could give me Tim Tebow's sister at 32 as long as you promise that's where we draft...
Skol!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018