Bradford Could Return (?)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

Post by mansquatch »

It would be a MAJOR coaching blunder to switch starting QBs in the playoffs after Keenum has been at the helm since week 2.

I really want to believe that Zimmer and his staff are too smart to do something that colossally stupid with all the marbles on the table and the best defense in the playoffs.

That article was daily norseman, so curious if they are just pontificating or if they have a source. My guess is they are just being stupid.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

mansquatch wrote:It would be a MAJOR coaching blunder to switch starting QBs in the playoffs after Keenum has been at the helm since week 2.

I really want to believe that Zimmer and his staff are too smart to do something that colossally stupid with all the marbles on the table and the best defense in the playoffs.

That article was daily norseman, so curious if they are just pontificating or if they have a source. My guess is they are just being stupid.
The article doesn't suggest that they would make Bradford the starter, just put him back on the active roster (presumably to be the backup). I think it it would be smart. He looked razor sharp week 1. Case is clearly the starter going forward.
Damian
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

I don't care if they put him on the roster, but can you imagine what would happen if they started him and they lost the playoff game? That would go down as one of the most egregious coaching blunders of all time.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

mansquatch wrote:I don't care if they put him on the roster, but can you imagine what would happen if they started him and they lost the playoff game? That would go down as one of the most egregious coaching blunders of all time.
If we lost 41-0? Sure.
If we lost 41-35 in a shootout? Probably not.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

TSonn wrote: If we lost 41-0? Sure.
If we lost 41-35 in a shootout? Probably not.
Where did you come up with a hypothetical score of 41-0? I'm not aware of ANY conference championship game ever ending with that score. Not one. Nope. Never happened.

Never. Happened.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote: Where did you come up with a hypothetical score of 41-0? I'm not aware of ANY conference championship game ever ending with that score. Not one. Nope. Never happened.

Never. Happened.
Remember they canceled the Super Bowl that one season for no apparent reason? Maybe that is when something arbitrary like that happened

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
TeamChaplain
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TeamChaplain »

I agree that Sam is done in Minnesota.
From the Fjords of ValHalla
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I think Sam should maybe considering just being done period. He's a competitor so I expect him to keep pushing ahead but man ... the poor guy has taken a beating. Not only with one of the worst offensive lines of all time last season but he had some real stinkers in his first several seasons.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Cliff wrote:I think Sam should maybe considering just being done period. He's a competitor so I expect him to keep pushing ahead but man ... the poor guy has taken a beating. Not only with one of the worst offensive lines of all time last season but he had some real stinkers in his first several seasons.
Yeah he's had poor OLs his whole career. I feel bad for the guy because I do believe he is a good QB.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

If you need a quick refresher, here are Bradford's highlights from Week 1 vs New Orleans.

https://youtu.be/wDRPG8JdHqQ

The guy can play when he's healthy.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

soflavike wrote:If you need a quick refresher, here are Bradford's highlights from Week 1 vs New Orleans.

https://youtu.be/wDRPG8JdHqQ

The guy can play when he's healthy.
Exactly. That is why he should definitely be the #2 IF he's healthy. He's a good QB with awful luck IMO
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Even if Bradford is activated I don't see how he gets back on the field. Bridgewater should be the backup at this point in the season.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

VikingLord wrote:Even if Bradford is activated I don't see how he gets back on the field. Bridgewater should be the backup at this point in the season.
If he's activated and (knock on wood) we need a QB change, why wouldnt he get on the field. Teddy hasnt played in over a year and a half. Do you really want him running this offense in the playoffs?? This is why I said earlier in the year that if Teddy didnt play when he was activated, we should've held him out the rest of the year. Which we've done so far but we are now at the point where the playoffs are about to be here and he has no IN GAME experience other than 2 check downs. Hopefully he can get some burn in the next two games but right now, IF Sam is healthy, he needs to be the #2. I feel 100% comfortable with Sam running the show if it ever came down to that in the playoffs. I dont feel that with Teddy
-Chazz Palminteri
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

I think there's a case (no pun intended) to be made for any of our QBs moving forward.

Bradford = easily the best arm talent on the team. Also might be the best at pre-snap reads (thanks 2016 o-line). Legs could literally fall apart at any moment on or off the field.
Keenum = toughest competitor and best intangibles. Lacking in measurables but who cares about those. 29 years old so still could have a solid 5+ years left. Plus, he has two knees.
Bridgewater = great leader but has never really proved himself on the NFL field. Youngest option and could still have 10+ years left. Could still become great? Could also have another fluke injury?

I'm sure the front office has a plan and I'll understand their reasoning for whichever guy they keep. I'll be super stoked if we're able to keep 2 of them.
Last edited by TSonn on Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

Mothman wrote: Where did you come up with a hypothetical score of 41-0? I'm not aware of ANY conference championship game ever ending with that score. Not one. Nope. Never happened.

Never. Happened.

:lol: