Bradford Could Return (?)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Just Me
Hall of Famer

Bradford Could Return (?)

Post by Just Me »

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/12/1 ... ta-vikings
With the timing of the Vikings placing Bradford on IR, he is eligible to return for the start of the postseason. The Vikings will then have a decision to make as far as placing him back on the active roster and on the quarterback depth chart with Case Keenum and Teddy Bridgewater.
More at the link

Discuss...
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

Post by dead_poet »

*facepalm*

Only the Vikings...
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

If Bradford is actually healthy (not the @Bears kind of healthy), I'd make him #2 for the playoffs and think about making Teddy inactive. Bradford has at least played this year with these guys and spent all offseason with them. Teddy hasn't.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

TSonn wrote:If Bradford is actually healthy (not the @Bears kind of healthy), I'd make him #2 for the playoffs and think about making Teddy inactive. Bradford has at least played this year with these guys and spent all offseason with them. Teddy hasn't.
Stand by for the flak. Your statement is about to explode.

Teddy sycophants, please go easy on TSonn.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Stand by for the flak. Your statement is about to explode.

Nah. It's a valid question.

Who do you trust? Really only the Vikes will know. Sure, Sam has played with these guys and had camp but one could make the case that Teddy is more up-to-speed as of late and has had much more practice time/is more "game-ready." However how does HE look after his reported surgeries and magical European knee voodoo human sacrifices?

Activate whoever looks best in practice. Maybe Sloter can put his leg through a door and go on IR.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Im pretty much a fan Of Teddy but I can argue with him being #3 because Case pretty much established the team chemistry. We all know Sam is awesome when hes healthy and with Teddy, we still don't know how he'll play since he didn't play a full game in almost 2 years.

Im hoping Teddy will get a chance to play more against Chicago.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

TSonn wrote:If Bradford is actually healthy (not the @Bears kind of healthy), I'd make him #2 for the playoffs and think about making Teddy inactive. Bradford has at least played this year with these guys and spent all offseason with them. Teddy hasn't.
I agree 100%. IF... Sam is healthy he should be #2.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Sam is done.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

How many more teams have to give Sam another shot? The Vikings already gave him a few years. The guy is a walking (no pun intended) injury waiting to happen. The Sam plan failed. I dont know whats going to happen with Teddy, who I am a huge fan of, but Case has earned the starting job as QB. More then Sam has, thats for sure. We certainly cant keep all three, but I think we need to let Case know its his job. Period. Bad time for Sam to come back, but he is probably still hurt anyway. I dont think Case has played with this good of an offense before, he may not have even hit his stride yet. I personally would like more long balls, and audibles from Case, but im betting that happens with time.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

If Keenum is hurt in a playoff game and we need a score, a healthy Bradford is an easy choice over a rusty Bridgewater
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

soflavike wrote:If Keenum is hurt in a playoff game and we need a score, a healthy Bradford is an easy choice over a rusty Bridgewater
Sam hasn't practiced or played since week 5. Teddy's been practicing in some capacity since week 1, officially playing with the team since week 7 and played on Sunday.

Who's rustier?

(I get your point and I'm being a little cheeky but there's an argument Sam could be as rusty or rustier with Lord knows what the status of his zombie knee.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

At first glance, the question seemed irrelevant. Bradford hadn't been seen in Winter Park in nearly two months.

But today, reports have surfaced that he's back in the locker room. Makes you wonder what that means.

I think the only way Spielman and Zimmer can look at this is the same way they'd look at it if neither Bradford nor Bridgewater had ever been a starter. Who would give the Vikings a better chance to win if the starter (Keenum) were to go down?

I wish the Vikings would have called a few more pass plays when Bridgewater was in the game yesterday. He only dropped back twice, and he looked very unsure if himself both times. However, it's not fair to say he looked bad. He didn't really have much of an opportunity.

Bradford played great last year. He played great in Week 1 this year. Then he looked terrible (and not healthy) in Week 4.

It's an impossible question.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Stand by for the flak. Your statement is about to explode.

Haha thanks for the warning and support! I think I would actually identify as a Teddy sycophant but this year it just seems to make more sense to roll with Keenum and Bradford since they have more familiarity with the team and playbook. Although, who knows how Teddy has looked in practice and maybe he can light it up like Bradford did week 1. Just with the info I currently have, I'd roll with Keenum and Bradford since they have both played great this season.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

S197 wrote:Sam is done.
+1
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

There's no question that IF Sam is healthy he should be the #2. We dont even know if Teddy can fill in and actually play well. We know a healthy Bradford is a good QB. I love Teddy but from a pure thrower standpoint, Bradford probably has everyone beat. Like I said, IF and only IF he is 100% healthy, he should hands down be the #2. Simple as that
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri