Week 15 reaction thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Re: Week 15 reaction thread

Post by jackal »

720 Pete we gave up some sacks and didn’t set
our running blocking effective all game.

The Bengals seemed distracted by the HC news
and nothing to play for. After the 1st quarter
the game was out of reach.

Linval was killing them in run game and
our safties and linebackers made some key
plays all throughout the game.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

dead_poet wrote: Why do the Packers feel like a cockroach that just won't die this season? It feels like they should've been eliminated a couple weeks ago.

Statistically speaking they haven't had a great shot at a playoff birth for about 2-3 weeks. It just feels greater because the entire national sports media swoons over Rogers. If you take a sober look at their roster it isn't pretty. Thompson really deserves to be fired.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
germannorseman
Backup

Post by germannorseman »

mansquatch wrote:
Statistically speaking they haven't had a great shot at a playoff birth for about 2-3 weeks. It just feels greater because the entire national sports media swoons over Rogers. If you take a sober look at their roster it isn't pretty. Thompson really deserves to be fired.
I'm a little concerned about our receivers last couple of games. They have been too quiet for my taste. Have people figured out how to cover them?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

jackal wrote:Yeah Easton seems to have some issues and the real strength
seems to be his ability to play several OL spots.

I would love to see us get another OL upgrade or
depth.
Well Easton is probably our weak link and Berger could retire. So we definitely need an OG or two this offseason
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
petev_sj
Veteran

Post by petev_sj »

Great game against an uninspired Bengals team.

I am starting to warm up to US Bank stadium. I've always thought the stadium looks cold, like a glass prison, but the noise level in there could top the Metrodome given the right circumstance.

Eagles without Carson Wentz are a 1 and done team for the playoffs. So the Vikings getting 2nd place will also mean home field advantage thru out.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

petev_sj wrote:Great game against an uninspired Bengals team.

I am starting to warm up to US Bank stadium. I've always thought the stadium looks cold, like a glass prison, but the noise level in there could top the Metrodome given the right circumstance.

Eagles without Carson Wentz are a 1 and done team for the playoffs. So the Vikings getting 2nd place will also mean home field advantage thru out.
Have you ever been to a game there?

Everybody's different, but I find impossible to attend a game at USB and not thoroughly enjoy the experience. The place is anything but cold, especially when the sun is shining. Plus, it's an electric atmosphere. Every seat feels close to the action, and it's LOUD. The amenities are first-rate, the bathrooms are nice and big (and plentiful), and those huge doors make exiting the stadium so easy and fast. It's one of the most well-conceived buildings you'll ever see.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Do you know what I DIDN'T notice during Teddy's brief appearance? Any sign of a knee issue.

Honestly I was so excited to see him throw I wasn't even thinking about that. Nothing was noticeable. That's phenomenal.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Guys, I think I need therapy.

I don't know why, but I read MMQB religiously every week. Perhaps because it's fairly interesting and well-written. Perhaps because I have a love-hate thing for Peter King -- for a long time, I loved his work, but then he became his own brand, and now I can't stand him. Maybe it's because I grew up with ink-stained fingers from constantly carrying my SI in hand. Running out to the mailbox each week to get my magazine was a highlight of my life.

I SHOULDN'T read MMQB, though, because it drives me nuts. This week's edition is a perfect example.

A day after the Vikings clinched the NFC North title with a convincing win, MMQB did not devote a single word to the Minnesota Vikings. Have you ever read MMQB? It's LONG, like the online version of War and Peace. But the Vikings? Not one word!

They talked ad nauseum about Pittsburgh, even implying "the fix was in" regarding the non-catch by Jesse James (King has long had a love affair with all things Pittsburgh and Green Bay ... he picks them for the Super Bowl preseason virtually every year). They talked at length about the Jerry Richardson sex scandal and the Jaguars being a feared playoff opponent. King also called Sean McVay the obvious coach of the year, even though Zimm handed McVay his hat in Week 11.

They talked about Marvin Lewis. Even in THAT segment, neither the words "Minnesota" nor "Vikings" appeared.

And the topper? King called Pittsburgh "this heartsick city." Heartsick? You want heartsick? Come to Minneapolis, Buttwipe. How the hell can a city with 6 Super Bowl titles be called heartsick?

Of course all of this follows up last week, when King said Aaron Rodgers' return gives NFL fans "reason to hope." :puke:

Seriously guys. I need an intervention. Somebody please unsubscribe me from MMQB. That click-bait is like catnip for me.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Have you ever been to a game there?

Everybody's different, but I find impossible to attend a game at USB and not thoroughly enjoy the experience. The place is anything but cold, especially when the sun is shining. Plus, it's an electric atmosphere. Every seat feels close to the action, and it's LOUD. The amenities are first-rate, the bathrooms are nice and big (and plentiful), and those huge doors make exiting the stadium so easy and fast. It's one of the most well-conceived buildings you'll ever see.
I do miss being blown out of the metrodome though. Even when the Vikings or Twins lost, everyone had fun doing that.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
petev_sj
Veteran

Post by petev_sj »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Have you ever been to a game there?

Sorry to keep going with this off topic theme. I'll end it after this. Most Vikings regular and post season games are out of my income level. I attended a couple of preseason games. USB stadium with its glass and steel just looks like a prison to me, not a sports stadium. I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to sports stadium design. I love the Ann Arbor stadium, it feels more like a true sports stadium to me.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

petev_sj wrote: Sorry to keep going with this off topic theme. I'll end it after this. Most Vikings regular and post season games are out of my income level. I attended a couple of preseason games. USB stadium with its glass and steel just looks like a prison to me, not a sports stadium. I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to sports stadium design. I love the Ann Arbor stadium, it feels more like a true sports stadium to me.
Yeah, that's why everybody's different.

I went to an Oregon-UCLA game at the Rose Bowl a couple of years ago. Very similar stadium to the Big House. I hated the Rose Bowl. Flat-out hated it. The seats were so cramped ... literally only a few inches of legroom. I'd had knee surgery about 3 months prior, and my knee felt like it was going to explode. I thought, "It's no wonder they can get 100,000 people in here. This is a death trap." I left at halftime (it didn't help that Oregon was destroying UCLA, and Brett Hundley was stinking up the joint for UCLA).

And you see all those made-for-TV beauty shots of the mountains near Pasadena and the sunshine and the scenery, but what you don't see is the area immediately around the stadium, which is a dump.

Give me modern comfort and convenience!
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Here's a 6 minute discussion on the Vikings.

Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly