View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion 
Rookie

Post Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion
Grashopa wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:

The Bengals have to be embarrassed and deflated after the humiliating loss at home to a team that is well under .500

They gave up. The coach is not "firing them up". They are a dead team and it all starts with the coach.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:47 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

808vikingsfan wrote:
A pilot? Cool! Is that where your username comes from? Ever flew an F-22? They demonstrated a Raptor during a Blue Angels show about 10 years ago here in Hawaii. One of the most awe inspiring things I've seen in person. I never miss an airshow here which is about every 4 years.

Back on topic. That injury list is almost half of the Vikings starting lineup. Add in Cook and Bradford and it's a wonder the Vikings can even be competitive at the moment. Hope it gets better as the week goes on.

Quote:
Bengals injury report
Bernard, Giovani HB Knee LP - - -
Burfict, Vontaze LB Concussion DNP - - -
Dennard, Darqueze CB Knee DNP - - -
Dunlap, Carlos DE Chest LP - - -
Kirkpatrick, Dre CB Concussion DNP - - -
Kroft, Tyler TE Hamstring DNP - - -
Mixon, Joe HB Concussion DNP - - -
Ogbuehi, Cedric OT Shoulder LP - - -
Sims, Pat DT Heel LP - - -
Vigil, Nick LB Ankle DNP - - -
Williams, Shawn S Hamstring LP - -

No on flying the Raptor. But I wish I could. And yes, that's were the username comes from. That's the baddest plane ever built so far. What most people don't know is that 4 Raptors can take on 16 other aircraft, and since the Raptors "talk" to each other, each plane will know what other aircraft the others are targeting so no two of them target the same plane. 16 enemy, 16 missiles.

Stay on target......stay on target..........

I wouldn't worry about the injury list until Friday. That's when they have to show who is playing and who is not playing. I have come to the conclusion that Zimmer prefers the Bill Belicheat way of dealing with the injury list. Show everyone that has a scratch and don't tell people squat. "Coach Zimmer, Cook is on IR, will he play this week?" Coach, "We'll see".

4th Quarter, 0:10 remaining, leading by 1, ball at home team 39, 3rd down & 10 to go,
Win Probability for the Saints: 99.76%.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:48 am
Rookie

Raptorman wrote:
808vikingsfan wrote:

Stay on target......stay on target..........

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:07 am
Waterboy

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
I know. I was just being dumb.

I prefer naval movies like "Midway", "The Hunt For Red October", "Up Periscope", "The Final Countdown" and "Master & Commander".
Fourteen years in the submarine service ruined me for submarine movies. I'm constantly going, "Um, no. Doesn't work that way."

If you like naval movies, check out Das Boot (1981). What a movie. It's totally from the German point of view, but man does that movie leave you a nervous wreck. Best naval movie I've ever seen. I always said it should be a required movie for new submarine volunteers. Might change their minds after watching it.

I spent 20 years maintaining the helicopters that hunted you guys. SH60B Seahawks, of course there is no such animal any longer as they are all Romeos and Sierras now.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:23 am
Hall of Famer

Svt40 wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:

I prefer naval movies like "Midway", "The Hunt For Red October", "Up Periscope", "The Final Countdown" and "Master & Commander".
Fourteen years in the submarine service ruined me for submarine movies. I'm constantly going, "Um, no. Doesn't work that way."

If you like naval movies, check out Das Boot (1981). What a movie. It's totally from the German point of view, but man does that movie leave you a nervous wreck. Best naval movie I've ever seen. I always said it should be a required movie for new submarine volunteers. Might change their minds after watching it.

I spent 20 years maintaining the helicopters that hunted you guys. SH60B Seahawks, of course there is no such animal any longer as they are all Romeos and Sierras now.

Slight misquote. I didn't write that.

But thank you for your service.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:53 pm
Hall of Famer

bauce wrote:
Grashopa wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:

The Bengals have to be embarrassed and deflated after the humiliating loss at home to a team that is well under .500

They gave up. The coach is not "firing them up". They are a dead team and it all starts with the coach.

They didn't look like a team that had given up when they played the Steelers on national TV. That was a bloodbath. Given, it was against a divisional rival, but still...

Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:33 pm
Waterboy

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Svt40 wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:

Yea it was a multi-quote that I had to pare down. I just trimmed the wrong branches apparently.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:52 pm
Hall of Famer

Svt40 wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Svt40 wrote:
[quote="J. Kapp 11"]

Yea it was a multi-quote that I had to pare down. I just trimmed the wrong branches apparently.[/quote]
Ok, I just looked again. I DID write that.

Sometimes I’m kind of a dumba$$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:15 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

J. Kapp 11 wrote:

Sometimes? :D

4th Quarter, 0:10 remaining, leading by 1, ball at home team 39, 3rd down & 10 to go,

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:10 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Svt40 wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
[quote="Svt40"][quote="J. Kapp 11"]

Yea it was a multi-quote that I had to pare down. I just trimmed the wrong branches apparently.[/quote]
Ok, I just looked again. I DID write that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]Lol

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Rookie

VikingLord wrote:
They didn't look like a team that had given up when they played the Steelers on national TV. That was a bloodbath. Given, it was against a divisional rival, but still...

Because they are tired of getting cheap-shotted by the Steelers every time they play each other. Steelers always get away with murder. It does no good when officials see the replay after the game is over and then admit they missed (a lot of) calls, only to give out a fine and implement a new rule afterwards when it could have been called during the game at the critical point.

In a past game where the kicker Huber had his jaw broken on a kickoff, there were MULTIPLE fouls committed by the Steelers on that runback the refs had a plethora to choose from, but NO CALL was made and the TD stood.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:20 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

bauce wrote:
VikingLord wrote:

Because they are tired of getting cheap-shotted by the Steelers every time they play each other. Steelers always get away with murder. It does no good when officials see the replay after the game is over and then admit they missed (a lot of) calls, only to give out a fine and implement a new rule afterwards when it could have been called during the game at the critical point.

In a past game where the kicker Huber had his jaw broken on a kickoff, there were MULTIPLE fouls committed by the Steelers on that runback the refs had a plethora to choose from, but NO CALL was made and the TD stood.

We feel your pain. The hated Packers are another noted Referee Favorite. One of my favorite announcer quotes from this season was in relation to a drive by Rogers: "The Packers had 5 first downs on that drive, 3 from penalties."

The NFL really need to clean up it's rules with respect to the passing game. This whole "what is a catch" non-sense needs to go away. The PI and Defensive Holding rules need to get cleaned up as well. I've never seen a season like this one where the refs have had as much influence on the outcomes of games as they have this year. It is appalling, and to be really honest, it threatens the future of "watchability" of the game.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:45 am
All Pro Elite Player

mansquatch wrote:

We feel your pain. The hated Packers are another noted Referee Favorite. One of my favorite announcer quotes from this season was in relation to a drive by Rogers: "The Packers had 5 first downs on that drive, 3 from penalties."

The NFL really need to clean up it's rules with respect to the passing game. This whole "what is a catch" non-sense needs to go away. The PI and Defensive Holding rules need to get cleaned up as well. I've never seen a season like this one where the refs have had as much influence on the outcomes of games as they have this year. It is appalling, and to be really honest, it threatens the future of "watchability" of the game.

Totally agree with you.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:00 pm
Strong Safety

F15 will always be my favorite plane

The other plane I would love to fly would
Be an A 10 ... something about building
a plane around a cannon and seeing your
targets firsthand ...

Yeah after last weeks pooch screw I
stepped back from the koolaid.

Between maybe having to go on the
road, fighting the refs bad calls,
having a ton injuries again, I am not
saying it can’t happen.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:17 pm
All Pro Elite Player

jackal wrote:
F15 will always be my favorite plane

The other plane I would love to fly would
Be an A 10 ... something about building
a plane around a cannon and seeing your
targets firsthand ...

Yeah after last weeks pooch screw I
stepped back from the koolaid.

Between maybe having to go on the
road, fighting the refs bad calls,
having a ton injuries again, I am not
saying it can’t happen.

A10 is so ####. SR71 Blackbird is most ####!

Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter

Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:38 pm
Strong Safety

I actually got to get the official tour of
the SR71 and U2 program at Beale Air Force
Base. Our neighbor was a E8 or E9 as
a master crew chief or something.

I was about 12 and the thing that amazed
me was how much the plane leaked on
the ground. It expands when it gets airborne
and two tankers took off about 15 minutes
apart to fuel it right after takeoff and closer
to the coast.

The tankers took the whole runway and
the SR71 took almost no runway at all

Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:23 pm
Hall of Famer

We need to win this game, and win the division. Then play for the #1 seed, or #2 seed. We should have wrapped it up last week, but we stunk up the place. Stupid mistakes. We got out coached. We cant have that in December or we wont see the playoffs. Or if we do, just a game. We need a winning attitude finishing out the year.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:20 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
We need to win this game, and win the division. Then play for the #1 seed, or #2 seed. We should have wrapped it up last week, but we stunk up the place. Stupid mistakes. We got out coached. We cant have that in December or we wont see the playoffs. Or if we do, just a game. We need a winning attitude finishing out the year.

I think it was more out played than out coached. Losing one on one battles, missed tackles, dropped passes, poor gap discipline.

Yeah, this is a must game win. I can see a spiraling effect if they somehow lose this game. No starting LBs, no Mixon, at home. This may be the most important game of the year.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:45 am
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote:

We didn't get out-coached.

Two plays killed us on defense, while five drops and three turnovers hurt us badly on offense. None of those 10 plays were the coaches' fault.

You're right, though. We need to win this game today. Wrap this thing up and stomp on the necks of Detroit and Green Bay.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:18 am
Rookie

Burfict is out. Run up the middle with impunity.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:41 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Rudolph's status is in question?

I am pretty sure with his red nose he will be leading the way for Santa.

Oh, wait, never mind, you meant Kyle Rudolph..... He's most likely going to play. He was upgraded on Saturday.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:04 am
Backup

So I guess Marvin is "Retiring" now. Wonder if we are gonna have a team today that knows it's over or one fighting for their leader of last 15 yrs.....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... er-season/

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:50 am
Rookie

COViking wrote:
So I guess Marvin is "Retiring" now. Wonder if we are gonna have a team today that knows it's over or one fighting for their leader of last 15 yrs.....

They won't say anything bad about him, but I doubt they will fight for him. I mean, his job is not in jeopardy. And they players know things won't improve as long as he is there, they just won't say it. If they had beaten the Steelers, then maybe they would show some life, but Marv is just going through the motions. If there wasn't any fire in the last 14 or so years, why would there be one now?

Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:07 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Who should we be rooting for in the Packers vs. Panthers game? :?:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:23 am
Backup

For them to finish in a tie

Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:28 am
Starting Wide Receiver

720pete wrote:
Who should we be rooting for in the Packers vs. Panthers game? :?:
Carolina. I djnt want GB anywhere near the playoffs.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:41 am
Profile YIM WWW
Veteran

Guys did they blackout the game?

Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:06 pm
Fenrir

Dmizzle0 wrote:
Guys did they blackout the game?
One person said their area switched games halfway through

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:24 pm
Hall of Famer

bauce wrote:
COViking wrote:

They won't say anything bad about him, but I doubt they will fight for him. I mean, his job is not in jeopardy. And they players know things won't improve as long as he is there, they just won't say it. If they had beaten the Steelers, then maybe they would show some life, but Marv is just going through the motions. If there wasn't any fire in the last 14 or so years, why would there be one now?

Man, I truly feel for you. Cincinnati is in complete disarray.

You totally called this. The Bengals were the most poorly prepared team I've seen in years. For crying out loud, Jerick McKinnon was the second coming of Roger Craig. It was like the Bengals said, "Meh, we just won't cover him." On offense, just 8 first downs and 161 total yards, 1-for-13 on third down.

The final score was 34-7, but we could have won by as many points as we wanted.

Here's hoping a new regime will bring some life back to your franchise. Cheers to you, brother. :beerock:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:45 pm
Hall of Famer

I love Zimmer, but I think he's wrong about extending Lewis's contract. They got close so many times but always fell apart in the playoffs. If I was their owner, I'd clean house, starting with the GM, and work your way down. And then draft/FA a good Oline. We have seen how important first hand that is.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next