Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
bauce
Rookie
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:30 pm

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by bauce » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:47 am

Grashopa wrote: The Bengals have to be embarrassed and deflated after the humiliating loss at home to a team that is well under .500
They gave up. The coach is not "firing them up". They are a dead team and it all starts with the coach.
There are only two seasons that exists: football season and waiting for football season.

User avatar
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3201
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:23 pm
Location: Sebastian, FL

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by Raptorman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:48 am

808vikingsfan wrote: A pilot? Cool! Is that where your username comes from? Ever flew an F-22? They demonstrated a Raptor during a Blue Angels show about 10 years ago here in Hawaii. One of the most awe inspiring things I've seen in person. I never miss an airshow here which is about every 4 years.

Image

Back on topic. That injury list is almost half of the Vikings starting lineup. Add in Cook and Bradford and it's a wonder the Vikings can even be competitive at the moment. Hope it gets better as the week goes on.
No on flying the Raptor. But I wish I could. And yes, that's were the username comes from. That's the baddest plane ever built so far. What most people don't know is that 4 Raptors can take on 16 other aircraft, and since the Raptors "talk" to each other, each plane will know what other aircraft the others are targeting so no two of them target the same plane. 16 enemy, 16 missiles.

Stay on target......stay on target..........

I wouldn't worry about the injury list until Friday. That's when they have to show who is playing and who is not playing. I have come to the conclusion that Zimmer prefers the Bill Belicheat way of dealing with the injury list. Show everyone that has a scratch and don't tell people squat. "Coach Zimmer, Cook is on IR, will he play this week?" Coach, "We'll see".
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966

User avatar
bauce
Rookie
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:30 pm

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by bauce » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:07 am

Raptorman wrote:



Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
There are only two seasons that exists: football season and waiting for football season.

Svt40
Waterboy
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:40 pm

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by Svt40 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:23 am

J. Kapp 11 wrote: I know. I was just being dumb.

I prefer naval movies like "Midway", "The Hunt For Red October", "Up Periscope", "The Final Countdown" and "Master & Commander".
Fourteen years in the submarine service ruined me for submarine movies. I'm constantly going, "Um, no. Doesn't work that way."

If you like naval movies, check out Das Boot (1981). What a movie. It's totally from the German point of view, but man does that movie leave you a nervous wreck. Best naval movie I've ever seen. I always said it should be a required movie for new submarine volunteers. Might change their minds after watching it.

I spent 20 years maintaining the helicopters that hunted you guys. SH60B Seahawks, of course there is no such animal any longer as they are all Romeos and Sierras now.

User avatar
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6908
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by J. Kapp 11 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:53 pm

Svt40 wrote:
I spent 20 years maintaining the helicopters that hunted you guys. SH60B Seahawks, of course there is no such animal any longer as they are all Romeos and Sierras now.
Slight misquote. I didn't write that.

But thank you for your service.
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.

User avatar
VikingLord
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5721
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:12 pm
Location: The Great White North

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by VikingLord » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:33 pm

bauce wrote: They gave up. The coach is not "firing them up". They are a dead team and it all starts with the coach.
They didn't look like a team that had given up when they played the Steelers on national TV. That was a bloodbath. Given, it was against a divisional rival, but still...

Svt40
Waterboy
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:40 pm

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by Svt40 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:52 pm

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Slight misquote. I didn't write that.

But thank you for your service.
Yea it was a multi-quote that I had to pare down. I just trimmed the wrong branches apparently.

User avatar
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6908
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by J. Kapp 11 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:15 pm

Svt40 wrote: Yea it was a multi-quote that I had to pare down. I just trimmed the wrong branches apparently.
Ok, I just looked again. I DID write that.

Sometimes I’m kind of a dumba$$.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.

User avatar
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3201
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:23 pm
Location: Sebastian, FL

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by Raptorman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:10 pm

J. Kapp 11 wrote:

Sometimes I’m kind of a dumba$$.
Sometimes? :D
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 18383
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN
Contact:

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by PurpleMustReign » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:43 pm

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Ok, I just looked again. I DID write that.

Sometimes I’m kind of a dumba$$.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬

User avatar
bauce
Rookie
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:30 pm

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by bauce » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:20 pm

VikingLord wrote: They didn't look like a team that had given up when they played the Steelers on national TV. That was a bloodbath. Given, it was against a divisional rival, but still...

Because they are tired of getting cheap-shotted by the Steelers every time they play each other. Steelers always get away with murder. It does no good when officials see the replay after the game is over and then admit they missed (a lot of) calls, only to give out a fine and implement a new rule afterwards when it could have been called during the game at the critical point.

In a past game where the kicker Huber had his jaw broken on a kickoff, there were MULTIPLE fouls committed by the Steelers on that runback the refs had a plethora to choose from, but NO CALL was made and the TD stood.
There are only two seasons that exists: football season and waiting for football season.

mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3456
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:44 pm
Location: Coon Rapids, MN

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by mansquatch » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:45 am

bauce wrote:
Because they are tired of getting cheap-shotted by the Steelers every time they play each other. Steelers always get away with murder. It does no good when officials see the replay after the game is over and then admit they missed (a lot of) calls, only to give out a fine and implement a new rule afterwards when it could have been called during the game at the critical point.

In a past game where the kicker Huber had his jaw broken on a kickoff, there were MULTIPLE fouls committed by the Steelers on that runback the refs had a plethora to choose from, but NO CALL was made and the TD stood.

We feel your pain. The hated Packers are another noted Referee Favorite. One of my favorite announcer quotes from this season was in relation to a drive by Rogers: "The Packers had 5 first downs on that drive, 3 from penalties."

The NFL really need to clean up it's rules with respect to the passing game. This whole "what is a catch" non-sense needs to go away. The PI and Defensive Holding rules need to get cleaned up as well. I've never seen a season like this one where the refs have had as much influence on the outcomes of games as they have this year. It is appalling, and to be really honest, it threatens the future of "watchability" of the game.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi

User avatar
halfgiz
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1766
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by halfgiz » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:00 pm

mansquatch wrote:
We feel your pain. The hated Packers are another noted Referee Favorite. One of my favorite announcer quotes from this season was in relation to a drive by Rogers: "The Packers had 5 first downs on that drive, 3 from penalties."

The NFL really need to clean up it's rules with respect to the passing game. This whole "what is a catch" non-sense needs to go away. The PI and Defensive Holding rules need to get cleaned up as well. I've never seen a season like this one where the refs have had as much influence on the outcomes of games as they have this year. It is appalling, and to be really honest, it threatens the future of "watchability" of the game.
Totally agree with you.

User avatar
jackal
Strong Safety
Posts: 11558
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:05 am
Location: California

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by jackal » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:17 pm

F15 will always be my favorite plane

The other plane I would love to fly would
Be an A 10 ... something about building
a plane around a cannon and seeing your
targets firsthand ...

Yeah after last weeks pooch screw I
stepped back from the koolaid.

Between maybe having to go on the
road, fighting the refs bad calls,
having a ton injuries again, I am not
saying it can’t happen.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

User avatar
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1395
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:07 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by CbusVikesFan » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:38 pm

jackal wrote:F15 will always be my favorite plane

The other plane I would love to fly would
Be an A 10 ... something about building
a plane around a cannon and seeing your
targets firsthand ...

Yeah after last weeks pooch screw I
stepped back from the koolaid.

Between maybe having to go on the
road, fighting the refs bad calls,
having a ton injuries again, I am not
saying it can’t happen.
A10 is so ####. SR71 Blackbird is most ####!
Image
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter

User avatar
jackal
Strong Safety
Posts: 11558
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:05 am
Location: California

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by jackal » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:23 pm

I actually got to get the official tour of
the SR71 and U2 program at Beale Air Force
Base. Our neighbor was a E8 or E9 as
a master crew chief or something.

I was about 12 and the thing that amazed
me was how much the plane leaked on
the ground. It expands when it gets airborne
and two tankers took off about 15 minutes
apart to fuel it right after takeoff and closer
to the coast.

The tankers took the whole runway and
the SR71 took almost no runway at all
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8358
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by PurpleKoolaid » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:20 am

We need to win this game, and win the division. Then play for the #1 seed, or #2 seed. We should have wrapped it up last week, but we stunk up the place. Stupid mistakes. We got out coached. We cant have that in December or we wont see the playoffs. Or if we do, just a game. We need a winning attitude finishing out the year.

User avatar
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3330
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:45 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by 808vikingsfan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:45 am

PurpleKoolaid wrote:We need to win this game, and win the division. Then play for the #1 seed, or #2 seed. We should have wrapped it up last week, but we stunk up the place. Stupid mistakes. We got out coached. We cant have that in December or we wont see the playoffs. Or if we do, just a game. We need a winning attitude finishing out the year.
I think it was more out played than out coached. Losing one on one battles, missed tackles, dropped passes, poor gap discipline.

Yeah, this is a must game win. I can see a spiraling effect if they somehow lose this game. No starting LBs, no Mixon, at home. This may be the most important game of the year.
Joined: Aug 2006
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014

User avatar
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6908
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by J. Kapp 11 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:18 am

PurpleKoolaid wrote:We need to win this game, and win the division. Then play for the #1 seed, or #2 seed. We should have wrapped it up last week, but we stunk up the place. Stupid mistakes. We got out coached. We cant have that in December or we wont see the playoffs. Or if we do, just a game. We need a winning attitude finishing out the year.
We didn't get out-coached.

Two plays killed us on defense, while five drops and three turnovers hurt us badly on offense. None of those 10 plays were the coaches' fault.

You're right, though. We need to win this game today. Wrap this thing up and stomp on the necks of Detroit and Green Bay.
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.

User avatar
bauce
Rookie
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:30 pm

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by bauce » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:41 am

Burfict is out. Run up the middle with impunity.
There are only two seasons that exists: football season and waiting for football season.

User avatar
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3201
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:23 pm
Location: Sebastian, FL

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by Raptorman » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:04 am

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Rudolph's status is in question?
I am pretty sure with his red nose he will be leading the way for Santa.

Oh, wait, never mind, you meant Kyle Rudolph..... He's most likely going to play. He was upgraded on Saturday.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966

User avatar
COViking
Backup
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:24 pm

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by COViking » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:50 am

So I guess Marvin is "Retiring" now. Wonder if we are gonna have a team today that knows it's over or one fighting for their leader of last 15 yrs.....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... er-season/

User avatar
bauce
Rookie
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:30 pm

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by bauce » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:07 am

COViking wrote:So I guess Marvin is "Retiring" now. Wonder if we are gonna have a team today that knows it's over or one fighting for their leader of last 15 yrs.....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... er-season/
They won't say anything bad about him, but I doubt they will fight for him. I mean, his job is not in jeopardy. And they players know things won't improve as long as he is there, they just won't say it. If they had beaten the Steelers, then maybe they would show some life, but Marv is just going through the motions. If there wasn't any fire in the last 14 or so years, why would there be one now?
There are only two seasons that exists: football season and waiting for football season.

User avatar
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 608
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:07 pm

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by 720pete » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:23 am

Who should we be rooting for in the Packers vs. Panthers game? :?:

User avatar
Raz
Starter
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:06 pm

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by Raz » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:28 am

For them to finish in a tie

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 18383
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN
Contact:

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by PurpleMustReign » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:41 am

720pete wrote:Who should we be rooting for in the Packers vs. Panthers game? :?:
Carolina. I djnt want GB anywhere near the playoffs.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬

Dmizzle0
Transition Player
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:03 pm

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by Dmizzle0 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:06 pm

Guys did they blackout the game?

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 11224
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by S197 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:24 pm

Dmizzle0 wrote:Guys did they blackout the game?
One person said their area switched games halfway through

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

User avatar
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6908
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by J. Kapp 11 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:45 pm

bauce wrote: They won't say anything bad about him, but I doubt they will fight for him. I mean, his job is not in jeopardy. And they players know things won't improve as long as he is there, they just won't say it. If they had beaten the Steelers, then maybe they would show some life, but Marv is just going through the motions. If there wasn't any fire in the last 14 or so years, why would there be one now?
Man, I truly feel for you. Cincinnati is in complete disarray.

You totally called this. The Bengals were the most poorly prepared team I've seen in years. For crying out loud, Jerick McKinnon was the second coming of Roger Craig. It was like the Bengals said, "Meh, we just won't cover him." On offense, just 8 first downs and 161 total yards, 1-for-13 on third down.

The final score was 34-7, but we could have won by as many points as we wanted.

Here's hoping a new regime will bring some life back to your franchise. Cheers to you, brother. :beerock:
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8358
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by PurpleKoolaid » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:54 pm

I love Zimmer, but I think he's wrong about extending Lewis's contract. They got close so many times but always fell apart in the playoffs. If I was their owner, I'd clean house, starting with the GM, and work your way down. And then draft/FA a good Oline. We have seen how important first hand that is.

Post Reply