Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by jackal »

I actually got to get the official tour of
the SR71 and U2 program at Beale Air Force
Base. Our neighbor was a E8 or E9 as
a master crew chief or something.

I was about 12 and the thing that amazed
me was how much the plane leaked on
the ground. It expands when it gets airborne
and two tankers took off about 15 minutes
apart to fuel it right after takeoff and closer
to the coast.

The tankers took the whole runway and
the SR71 took almost no runway at all
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

We need to win this game, and win the division. Then play for the #1 seed, or #2 seed. We should have wrapped it up last week, but we stunk up the place. Stupid mistakes. We got out coached. We cant have that in December or we wont see the playoffs. Or if we do, just a game. We need a winning attitude finishing out the year.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:We need to win this game, and win the division. Then play for the #1 seed, or #2 seed. We should have wrapped it up last week, but we stunk up the place. Stupid mistakes. We got out coached. We cant have that in December or we wont see the playoffs. Or if we do, just a game. We need a winning attitude finishing out the year.
I think it was more out played than out coached. Losing one on one battles, missed tackles, dropped passes, poor gap discipline.

Yeah, this is a must game win. I can see a spiraling effect if they somehow lose this game. No starting LBs, no Mixon, at home. This may be the most important game of the year.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:We need to win this game, and win the division. Then play for the #1 seed, or #2 seed. We should have wrapped it up last week, but we stunk up the place. Stupid mistakes. We got out coached. We cant have that in December or we wont see the playoffs. Or if we do, just a game. We need a winning attitude finishing out the year.
We didn't get out-coached.

Two plays killed us on defense, while five drops and three turnovers hurt us badly on offense. None of those 10 plays were the coaches' fault.

You're right, though. We need to win this game today. Wrap this thing up and stomp on the necks of Detroit and Green Bay.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
bauce
Rookie

Post by bauce »

Burfict is out. Run up the middle with impunity.
There are only two seasons that exists: football season and waiting for football season.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Rudolph's status is in question?
I am pretty sure with his red nose he will be leading the way for Santa.

Oh, wait, never mind, you meant Kyle Rudolph..... He's most likely going to play. He was upgraded on Saturday.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
COViking
Backup

Post by COViking »

So I guess Marvin is "Retiring" now. Wonder if we are gonna have a team today that knows it's over or one fighting for their leader of last 15 yrs.....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... er-season/
bauce
Rookie

Post by bauce »

COViking wrote:So I guess Marvin is "Retiring" now. Wonder if we are gonna have a team today that knows it's over or one fighting for their leader of last 15 yrs.....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... er-season/
They won't say anything bad about him, but I doubt they will fight for him. I mean, his job is not in jeopardy. And they players know things won't improve as long as he is there, they just won't say it. If they had beaten the Steelers, then maybe they would show some life, but Marv is just going through the motions. If there wasn't any fire in the last 14 or so years, why would there be one now?
There are only two seasons that exists: football season and waiting for football season.
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

Who should we be rooting for in the Packers vs. Panthers game? :?:
Raz
Veteran

Post by Raz »

For them to finish in a tie
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

720pete wrote:Who should we be rooting for in the Packers vs. Panthers game? :?:
Carolina. I djnt want GB anywhere near the playoffs.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Guys did they blackout the game?
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Dmizzle0 wrote:Guys did they blackout the game?
One person said their area switched games halfway through

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

bauce wrote: They won't say anything bad about him, but I doubt they will fight for him. I mean, his job is not in jeopardy. And they players know things won't improve as long as he is there, they just won't say it. If they had beaten the Steelers, then maybe they would show some life, but Marv is just going through the motions. If there wasn't any fire in the last 14 or so years, why would there be one now?
Man, I truly feel for you. Cincinnati is in complete disarray.

You totally called this. The Bengals were the most poorly prepared team I've seen in years. For crying out loud, Jerick McKinnon was the second coming of Roger Craig. It was like the Bengals said, "Meh, we just won't cover him." On offense, just 8 first downs and 161 total yards, 1-for-13 on third down.

The final score was 34-7, but we could have won by as many points as we wanted.

Here's hoping a new regime will bring some life back to your franchise. Cheers to you, brother. :beerock:
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I love Zimmer, but I think he's wrong about extending Lewis's contract. They got close so many times but always fell apart in the playoffs. If I was their owner, I'd clean house, starting with the GM, and work your way down. And then draft/FA a good Oline. We have seen how important first hand that is.