View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Just curious 
Transition Player

Post Just curious
I saw First Take and RGIII talking. What would be everyone's take on bringing him in as a backup QB next year?
I don't see us resigning Bradford, too much $, if TB doesn't play at all.... I think we get another year with him? Correct?
Will Keenum want a big deal? Is he our franchise guy or is he our Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer for this year ?

Just curious as to everyone's thoughts.
I personally am loving this season and Keenum. I do not know if he's our franchise guy though. I don't think TB is either though.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:29 pm
Fenrir

Post Re: Just curious
No thank you

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:39 pm
Waterboy

While I am a fan of RGIII (from the same hometown) he would not work well as a Viking. He's a fragile Cam Newton.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:11 pm
Hall of Famer

IIsweet wrote:
I saw First Take and RGIII talking. What would be everyone's take on bringing him in as a backup QB next year?
I don't see us resigning Bradford, too much $, if TB doesn't play at all.... I think we get another year with him? Correct?
Will Keenum want a big deal? Is he our franchise guy or is he our Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer for this year ?

Just curious as to everyone's thoughts.
I personally am loving this season and Keenum. I do not know if he's our franchise guy though. I don't think TB is either though.

My opinion on RGIII is no, I wouldn't want him. He's just not good enough in the pocket for me, and his accuracy leaves a lot to be desired.

As for Keenum, it really depends on what happens the rest of the year. Does management view him as someone coming into his own, or do they view him as a backup who's had a nice run. I know what I believe -- I've shown in another thread that his career numbers compare favorably to guys like Drew Brees and Brett Favre at the same point in their careers -- but my opinion is completely irrelevant.

If the Vikings believe he can play this way for many years, they'll give him a big long-term deal. Otherwise, he'll find a lucrative home somewhere. For crying out loud, Mike Glennon got $18 million.

My view on Teddy is that if he proves to be the better quarterback of he and Keenum, sign Teddy long-term. I don't have a problem with it. I will admit though ... I've loved the way Case has played.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:39 pm
Transition Player

:evil:

Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:00 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

NO on RG3. Although I did like his attitude with the Ravens. That being said, he should have played for them. After all, playing in a pre-season game he would at least of had the chance to show what he is capable of doing this year, even on short notice. A calculated error on his part I believe.

As for next year, I think the Vikings find a way to bring back both Keenum and Bridgewater.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:53 am
Career Elite Player

Raptorman wrote:
As for next year, I think the Vikings find a way to bring back both Keenum and Bridgewater.
I would LOVE this but I just don't see any way of making that work.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:13 am
Hall of Famer

And here is why I DON'T want to see the Packers.

MMQB wrote:
The Panthers, Vikings and Lions stand in Green Bay’s way. Football Outsiders places the team’s chances at about 15 percent to get in. They would most likely need to beat all three of their remaining opponents. Should Rodgers get the Packers there, he at least gives NFL fans a chance to dream.

Read the full, disgusting article here.

My God, just when you think Peter King and his minions couldn't possibly slobber all over Erin Rodgers any more, they empty this barf bag all over the football world.

Guys, we disagree on a lot of things. But I hope we all agree on our loathing of anything associated with Puke-Green Bay. I hope they never make the playoffs again as long as I'm alive. THAT would be the dream of this NFL fan.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:52 pm
Commissioner

J. Kapp 11 wrote:

MMQB wrote:
The Panthers, Vikings and Lions stand in Green Bay’s way. Football Outsiders places the team’s chances at about 15 percent to get in. They would most likely need to beat all three of their remaining opponents. Should Rodgers get the Packers there, he at least gives NFL fans a chance to dream.

My God, just when you think Peter King and his minions couldn't possibly slobber all over Erin Rodgers any more, they empty this barf bag all over the football world.

Guys, we disagree on a lot of things. But I hope we all agree on our loathing of anything associated with Puke-Green Bay. I hope they never make the playoffs again as long as I'm alive. THAT would be the dream of this NFL fan.

F those guys.

*spits into brass spittoon*

Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:58 pm
Backup

I know this isn't going to happen, but man oh man would I love to see Baker Mayfield take over this offense. With his accuracy and these receivers it would be "The Greatest Show On Turf" in Minnesota.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:55 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

5thWave wrote:
I know this isn't going to happen, but man oh man would I love to see Baker Mayfield take over this offense. With his accuracy and these receivers it would be "The Greatest Show On Turf" in Minnesota.

My bet is Mayfield goes to the Browns and the Browns make the playoffs next year.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:30 am
Commissioner

Raptorman wrote:
5thWave wrote:

My bet is Mayfield goes to the Browns and the Browns make the playoffs next year.

Ouch. That's a mighty hot take.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:58 am
Strong Safety

That’s a huge negative for me on RG3

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:00 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

dead_poet wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
5thWave wrote:

Browns aren't as far off as people think. Their defense is 12th in total yards. While that may not seem great, they are 6th against the rush and 21st against the pass. A couple of key players and they can make a run for the playoffs. Remember they have 5 picks in the first two rounds of the draft, 4 in the first 37. A QB, edge rusher, DB, another WR...........That can make all the difference in their play. It all depends on the new GM.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:57 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

5thWave wrote:
Me too. I think Mayfield is the best QB in the draft, and he has an edge about him. As long as he can stay out of trouble he will be a great Q.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Starting Wide Receiver

Raptorman wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
[quote="5thWave"]I know this isn't going to happen, but man oh man would I love to see Baker Mayfield take over this offense. With his accuracy and these receivers it would be "The Greatest Show On Turf" in Minnesota.

Browns aren't as far off as people think. Their defense is 12th in total yards. While that may not seem great, they are 6th against the rush and 21st against the pass. A couple of key players and they can make a run for the playoffs. Remember they have 5 picks in the first two rounds of the draft, 4 in the first 37. A QB, edge rusher, DB, another WR...........That can make all the difference in their play. It all depends on the new GM.[/quote]I agree. Cleveland will be a much improved very soon.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Fame Candidate

dead_poet wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:

MMQB wrote:

F those guys.

*spits into brass spittoon*

One more reason to hope the Vikings win it all. It will be a slap in the face to pretty much the entire national football media scene.

Giant Negative on RGIII.
Infinitely Giant Negative of anything Packer related.

Generally I'm not a hateful person nor do I concern myself with mean or nasty behavior... EXCEPT when it comes to the Packers. I wish nothing but spiteful misery on them and their fans every chance I get. 1998 Randy Moss coming out Party: Greatest MNF Game ever. When Rogers has been mediocre the last two seasons I enjoyed it with glee. When he went down this year at the hands of Barr and then whined about it, I enjoyed that to. When their fans pout, I pile on. Exactly zero shame felt.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:31 pm
Fenrir

Cleveland is a factory of sadness where QB's go to die. They had a ton of picks this year too. Eventually they may become the Lions (who after years of top round picks finally became halfway decent) but I don't see a turnaround that quickly. .500 next year maybe.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:07 pm
Hall of Famer

Raptorman wrote:
Browns aren't as far off as people think. Their defense is 12th in total yards. While that may not seem great, they are 6th against the rush and 21st against the pass. A couple of key players and they can make a run for the playoffs. Remember they have 5 picks in the first two rounds of the draft, 4 in the first 37. A QB, edge rusher, DB, another WR...........That can make all the difference in their play. It all depends on the new GM.

I think you're right.

John Dorsey is a good football man and a respected evaluator of talent. He should be a huge improvement over Sashi Brown. I mean, Brown was a freaking attorney trying to run a football team.

Also, the Browns have a) tons of draft picks, and b) lots of salary cap space. They can improve the roster very, very quickly.

They have two serious issues. Quarterback ... with their cap space, look for them to get into the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes. Coach ... is Hue Jackson the man? Some people think he's a great coach who simply hasn't been provided any talent. Others say (correctly) that since he's the only coach in NFL history to start back-to-back seasons with 13 consecutive losses, he's another example of a great coordinator who's over his head as a head coach. We'll see.

And I still never want to see the Green Bay Packers make the playoffs again in my lifetime, which I hope lasts another 40 years.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:03 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

I think you're right.

John Dorsey is a good football man and a respected evaluator of talent. He should be a huge improvement over Sashi Brown. I mean, Brown was a freaking attorney trying to run a football team.

Also, the Browns have a) tons of draft picks, and b) lots of salary cap space. They can improve the roster very, very quickly.

They have two serious issues. Quarterback ... with their cap space, look for them to get into the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes. Coach ... is Hue Jackson the man? Some people think he's a great coach who simply hasn't been provided any talent. Others say (correctly) that since he's the only coach in NFL history to start back-to-back seasons with 13 consecutive losses, he's another example of a great coordinator who's over his head as a head coach. We'll see.

And I still never want to see the Green Bay Packers make the playoffs again in my lifetime, which I hope lasts another 40 years.

But playoffs? Let's see them win a single game in 2018 first before thinking playoffs.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:54 pm
Hall of Famer

808vikingsfan wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

I think you're right.

But playoffs? Let's see them win a single game in 2018 first before thinking playoffs.

Well, there is THAT.

But honestly, I was agreeing with the "not as far off as we think" part. Not the playoffs comment. That take is just too hot for me.

Then again ... this year, the Jaguars (3-13 last year) and Rams (4-12) might both win their divisions. Bring in the right people, and things can turn around quickly in today's NFL.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:23 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

I think you're right.

You know who else is looking pretty good? The Bears. They are going to be a team to deal with in the near future. After watching Trubisky a few times the kid is learning fast. They get a few more pieces and they will be dangerous. Next year, it would not surprise me to see 3 NFC North teams in the playoff. The North will be more like the South is this year. A dogfight till the end for the division.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]