Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

bauce
Rookie

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by bauce »

Grashopa wrote: The Bengals have to be embarrassed and deflated after the humiliating loss at home to a team that is well under .500
They gave up. The coach is not "firing them up". They are a dead team and it all starts with the coach.
There are only two seasons that exists: football season and waiting for football season.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

808vikingsfan wrote: A pilot? Cool! Is that where your username comes from? Ever flew an F-22? They demonstrated a Raptor during a Blue Angels show about 10 years ago here in Hawaii. One of the most awe inspiring things I've seen in person. I never miss an airshow here which is about every 4 years.

Back on topic. That injury list is almost half of the Vikings starting lineup. Add in Cook and Bradford and it's a wonder the Vikings can even be competitive at the moment. Hope it gets better as the week goes on.
No on flying the Raptor. But I wish I could. And yes, that's were the username comes from. That's the baddest plane ever built so far. What most people don't know is that 4 Raptors can take on 16 other aircraft, and since the Raptors "talk" to each other, each plane will know what other aircraft the others are targeting so no two of them target the same plane. 16 enemy, 16 missiles.

Stay on target......stay on target..........

I wouldn't worry about the injury list until Friday. That's when they have to show who is playing and who is not playing. I have come to the conclusion that Zimmer prefers the Bill Belicheat way of dealing with the injury list. Show everyone that has a scratch and don't tell people squat. "Coach Zimmer, Cook is on IR, will he play this week?" Coach, "We'll see".
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
bauce
Rookie

Post by bauce »

Raptorman wrote:

There are only two seasons that exists: football season and waiting for football season.
Svt40
Rookie

Post by Svt40 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: I know. I was just being dumb.

I prefer naval movies like "Midway", "The Hunt For Red October", "Up Periscope", "The Final Countdown" and "Master & Commander".
Fourteen years in the submarine service ruined me for submarine movies. I'm constantly going, "Um, no. Doesn't work that way."

If you like naval movies, check out Das Boot (1981). What a movie. It's totally from the German point of view, but man does that movie leave you a nervous wreck. Best naval movie I've ever seen. I always said it should be a required movie for new submarine volunteers. Might change their minds after watching it.

I spent 20 years maintaining the helicopters that hunted you guys. SH60B Seahawks, of course there is no such animal any longer as they are all Romeos and Sierras now.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Svt40 wrote:
I spent 20 years maintaining the helicopters that hunted you guys. SH60B Seahawks, of course there is no such animal any longer as they are all Romeos and Sierras now.
Slight misquote. I didn't write that.

But thank you for your service.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

bauce wrote: They gave up. The coach is not "firing them up". They are a dead team and it all starts with the coach.
They didn't look like a team that had given up when they played the Steelers on national TV. That was a bloodbath. Given, it was against a divisional rival, but still...
Svt40
Rookie

Post by Svt40 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Slight misquote. I didn't write that.

But thank you for your service.
Yea it was a multi-quote that I had to pare down. I just trimmed the wrong branches apparently.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Svt40 wrote: Yea it was a multi-quote that I had to pare down. I just trimmed the wrong branches apparently.
Ok, I just looked again. I DID write that.

Sometimes I’m kind of a dumba$$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:

Sometimes? :D
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Ok, I just looked again. I DID write that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
bauce
Rookie

Post by bauce »

VikingLord wrote: They didn't look like a team that had given up when they played the Steelers on national TV. That was a bloodbath. Given, it was against a divisional rival, but still...

Because they are tired of getting cheap-shotted by the Steelers every time they play each other. Steelers always get away with murder. It does no good when officials see the replay after the game is over and then admit they missed (a lot of) calls, only to give out a fine and implement a new rule afterwards when it could have been called during the game at the critical point.

In a past game where the kicker Huber had his jaw broken on a kickoff, there were MULTIPLE fouls committed by the Steelers on that runback the refs had a plethora to choose from, but NO CALL was made and the TD stood.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

bauce wrote:
Because they are tired of getting cheap-shotted by the Steelers every time they play each other. Steelers always get away with murder. It does no good when officials see the replay after the game is over and then admit they missed (a lot of) calls, only to give out a fine and implement a new rule afterwards when it could have been called during the game at the critical point.

In a past game where the kicker Huber had his jaw broken on a kickoff, there were MULTIPLE fouls committed by the Steelers on that runback the refs had a plethora to choose from, but NO CALL was made and the TD stood.

We feel your pain. The hated Packers are another noted Referee Favorite. One of my favorite announcer quotes from this season was in relation to a drive by Rogers: "The Packers had 5 first downs on that drive, 3 from penalties."

The NFL really need to clean up it's rules with respect to the passing game. This whole "what is a catch" non-sense needs to go away. The PI and Defensive Holding rules need to get cleaned up as well. I've never seen a season like this one where the refs have had as much influence on the outcomes of games as they have this year. It is appalling, and to be really honest, it threatens the future of "watchability" of the game.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

mansquatch wrote:
We feel your pain. The hated Packers are another noted Referee Favorite. One of my favorite announcer quotes from this season was in relation to a drive by Rogers: "The Packers had 5 first downs on that drive, 3 from penalties."

The NFL really need to clean up it's rules with respect to the passing game. This whole "what is a catch" non-sense needs to go away. The PI and Defensive Holding rules need to get cleaned up as well. I've never seen a season like this one where the refs have had as much influence on the outcomes of games as they have this year. It is appalling, and to be really honest, it threatens the future of "watchability" of the game.
Totally agree with you.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

F15 will always be my favorite plane

The other plane I would love to fly would
Be an A 10 ... something about building
a plane around a cannon and seeing your
targets firsthand ...

Yeah after last weeks pooch screw I
stepped back from the koolaid.

Between maybe having to go on the
road, fighting the refs bad calls,
having a ton injuries again, I am not
saying it can’t happen.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

jackal wrote:F15 will always be my favorite plane

The other plane I would love to fly would
Be an A 10 ... something about building
a plane around a cannon and seeing your
targets firsthand ...

Yeah after last weeks pooch screw I
stepped back from the koolaid.

Between maybe having to go on the
road, fighting the refs bad calls,
having a ton injuries again, I am not
saying it can’t happen.
A10 is so ####. SR71 Blackbird is most ####!
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter