View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion 
Site Admin

Post Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion
I'm pretty happy with the result of that long stretch of tough games. I think the team can rebound against the Bengals even not at full health. They were within 3 against the Steelers 2 weeks ago and then lost to the Bears 33-7 last week. Who knows which team will show up. Their fans seem to think they've given up.

Full Article

Quote:
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. — The Minnesota Vikings (10-3) return home to host the Cincinnati Bengals (5-8) after a three-game road trip. The Vikings had their eight-game win streak snapped in Week 14, falling 31-24 at Carolina. The Vikings own a 5-1 home record, and the Bengals hold a 2-4 mark on the road in 2017. The Vikings 10-3 start is the best start through 13 games for Minnesota since starting 11-2 in 2009.

The Vikings offense, which ranks seventh in the NFL in yards per game (369.3), has been led by the consistent play from WR Adam Thielen, who is tied for third in the NFL with 1,161 receiving yards and seventh in the NFL with 80 receptions. QB Case Keenum has stepped in to start 11 games, posting an 8-3 record and compiling 18 touchdowns against seven interceptions and a career-best 96.2 passer rating. RBs Jerick McKinnon and Latavius Murray have filled the void left by rookie starter RB Dalvin Cook, helping the Vikings rush for 121.1 yards per game, eighth in the NFL.

The Vikings defense has held opponents to 293.4 yards per game (third in the NFL) and 18.1 points per game (third in the NFL). The Vikings defense has limited opponents to 88.3 rushing yards per game (second in the NFL) and 3.7 yards per rush (sixth in the NFL). Minnesota has limited opponents to 205.1 passing yards per game, fifth in the NFL.

DE Everson Griffen is third in the NFL with a career high 13 sacks this season, marking the third time in his career that he has reached double digits (12 in 2014, 10.5 in 2015). LB Eric Kendricks, who has led the Vikings in tackles each of his first two seasons, is leading the Vikings with 118 tackles (coaches’ stats) and has tied his career high with 13 tackles on three separate occasions this season (at PIT, vs BAL, at CLE). S Harrison Smith, who has 15 interceptions and nine sacks since entering the NFL in 2012, is joined by Panthers LB Luke Kuechly as the only two in the NFL since 2012 to have 11 interceptions and 7 sacks.

Quote:
VIKINGS-BENGALS CONNECTIONS

• Vikings Head Coach Mike Zimmer served as the Bengals defensive coordinator from 2008-13, leading defenses that ranked in the top 10 for yards allowed in four of the six years.

• Vikings CB Terence Newman played for the Bengals from 2012-14, starting in all 41 games in which he appeared with Cincinnati. Newman, who played under Zimmer in Cincinnati and Dallas, again joined Zimmer in Minnesota after signing with the club via free agency in 2015. Newman played in three playoff games (two starts) as a Bengal.

• Bengals assistant strength coach Jeff Friday was a strength coach for the Vikings from 1996-98.

• Vikings LB coach Adam Zimmer served as the Bengals assistant DBs coach in 2013.

• Bengals T Andre Smith played for the Vikings in 2016 and started the first four games of the season before being placed on IR after suffering a triceps injury.

• Vikings LB Emmanuel Lamur originally entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the Bengals in 2012. Lamur played in 29 games (15 starts) with the Bengals from 2012-15 before joining the Vikings via free agency during the 2016 offseason.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:15 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion
I think we dominate them early. Their offense is going to have a real tough time against this defense. 35-10 winners

Is anyone going to this game?? I'm flying to there Friday. Will anyone be out and about Friday or Saturday? Second game of the year. Pretty stoked.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:32 am
Hall of Famer

With our O-line banged up and Kyle Rudolph's status uncertain, I'm not going to make any bold predictions about this game.

We are obviously the better team, in every way. And we're at home with a chance to clinch the division. We should win, and it honestly shouldn't be close.

However, A.J. Green has been mysteriously absent this year. He's only caught 54% of targets his way this year, and we all know he's a great receiver. That stat tells me he's going to break out against somebody. Hoping it's not us. I don't think Joe Mixon is "all that," but he is aiming for a return this week from a concussion this week. If the Vikings bungle any running plays like they did twice against Carolina, he definitely could hurt us.

Let's just get through this game at 11-3 with a division title in hand.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

Rudolphs status is in question?

Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:07 am
Rookie

You should have no problem raping this team on the field. The fans are disgusted with the lack of heart shown and Marv Lewis is just going through the motions before he calls it quits. He doesn't care. No one on this team or fan cares anymore. I know.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:58 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

TV map.

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=15

Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:48 pm
Rookie

808vikingsfan wrote:

Great. I'm stuck with the Jets game....

Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm
Fenrir

808vikingsfan wrote:

I'm moving to Alaska.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:37 pm
Backup

S197 wrote:
808vikingsfan wrote:

I'm moving to Alaska.

Hahaha. The frozen tundra will welcome a fellow Vikings fan with open arms. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I will warn you......the TV schedule is usually not this way. Usually we get Seahawks. This year has been a different story though. Probably because the Vikings are a contender and we have been fortunate the Seahawks game times and the Vikings game times have been different, for the most part. Last year I only got a few games live. I wasted my money on game pass this year though

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:51 pm
Hall of Famer

Who on earth is Ian Eagle?

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:41 pm
Rookie

J. Kapp 11 wrote:

I think he is a sports commentator on WFAN tri-state area of New York.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:17 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

J. Kapp 11 wrote:

Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:00 pm
Site Admin

Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:04 pm
Rookie

I LOVE Top Gun!!!!

Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:25 pm
Commissioner

bauce wrote:
I LOVE Top Gun!!!!

Dude. That's Iron Eagle. The best jet movie of all time (not in reference to McKinnon).

"Chappy!!!!!!"

Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:51 pm
All Pro Elite Player

I'm worried it could be a closer game than expected. Vikings never make anything easy.
Hopefully the home game will have us energized.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:51 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

dead_poet wrote:
bauce wrote:
I LOVE Top Gun!!!!

Dude. That's Iron Eagle. The best jet movie of all time (not in reference to McKinnon).

"Chappy!!!!!!"

LOL.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:03 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

halfgiz wrote:
I'm worried it could be a closer game than expected. Vikings never make anything easy.

I have a feeling it's going down to the last few minutes.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:04 pm
Hall of Famer

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Rudolphs status is in question?

Yep.

He left the stadium Sunday in a walking boot. Did not participate in practice Wednesday (ankle).

Rudolph was joined Sunday by his buddies in walking boots, Riley Reiff and Emmanuel Lamur.

Also, Xavier Rhodes (hip), Blake Bell (shoulder) and Mack Alexander (ribs) sustained injuries Sunday and did not practice Wednesday.

Sunday was not a good day for Vikings health.

At least Remmers and David Morgan practiced, although limited.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:36 pm
Rookie

dead_poet wrote:
bauce wrote:
I LOVE Top Gun!!!!

"Chappy!!!!!!"

I know. I was just being dumb.

I prefer naval movies like "Midway", "The Hunt For Red October", "Up Periscope", "The Final Countdown" and "Master & Commander".

Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:43 pm
Rookie

808vikingsfan wrote:
halfgiz wrote:

I have a feeling it's going down to the last few minutes.

It won't.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:44 pm
Hall of Famer

bauce wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
bauce wrote:
I LOVE Top Gun!!!!

"Chappy!!!!!!"

I prefer naval movies like "Midway", "The Hunt For Red October", "Up Periscope", "The Final Countdown" and "Master & Commander".

Fourteen years in the submarine service ruined me for submarine movies. I'm constantly going, "Um, no. Doesn't work that way."

If you like naval movies, check out Das Boot (1981). What a movie. It's totally from the German point of view, but man does that movie leave you a nervous wreck. Best naval movie I've ever seen. I always said it should be a required movie for new submarine volunteers. Might change their minds after watching it.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:51 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
bauce wrote:
dead_poet wrote:

"Chappy!!!!!!"

Fourteen years in the submarine service ruined me for submarine movies. I'm constantly going, "Um, no. Doesn't work that way."

If you like naval movies, check out Das Boot (1981). What a movie. It's totally from the German point of view, but man does that movie leave you a nervous wreck. Best naval movie I've ever seen. I always said it should be a required movie for new submarine volunteers. Might change their minds after watching it.

So you're telling me Crimson Tide is just Hollywood fluf? :)

Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

He's a decent announcer actually. I like him and Dan Fouts.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:15 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer

808vikingsfan wrote:
So you're telling me Crimson Tide is just Hollywood fluf? :)

Let's just say I was holding down the bile until the flooding scene. That was where I "got off the boat."

First of all, if there's flooding in maneuvering, the reactor will scram, which means no steam, which means no propulsion, which means the boat is going to sink.

They also acted like shutting the hatch to the engine room would save the ship. Hardly. Think about it. You put hundreds of tons of water into the back end of a submerged tube. Guess what? The tube sinks. Flooding in the engine room, if not stopped at the source, cannot be recovered from.

Then there's the stupid dog on board.

OK. I gotta stop now.

But you know, none of it is as bad as Captain Ramius in Hunt for Red October, driving a 600-foot submarine through a mountain range at all-ahead flank using a freaking stopwatch.

OK. I really gotta stop now. Back to Vikings/Bengals.

But seriously. A mutiny?

Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:01 am
Hall of Famer

Being in a submarine under water, for even a minute, would be my absolute nightmare. I'm deathly afraid of water (although i fish in my boat and fish house when theres ice-and love fishing more then anything in live, yes even sex) and I am claustrophobic. Plus I dont generally like people and being that close to so many would make me wanna vomit. I have never learned how to swim despite passing all the swimming classes I took as a boy. Which reminds me, this one swimming coach we had, had the largest breast known to man and I was in love with her, at year 8 or 9. I wonder if guys are thinking of chic while being in the womb sometimes.

Anyways, this is a huge game for us, we need to win December out, and hope for the #1 seed, and that starts against the Bengals. So therefore the pessimist say we will lose soundly. We should win by 13 easily, but thats the problem, we should really win. I hope to god our Oline picks up where they left a few weeks ago, and Case does his previously good job of evading sack and finding the open receiver. I would love to see Floyd and Kyle both in the redzone more, I like Floyd and think he can fight for those high balls, but he is rarely in. I dont want teams keying in on Kyle too much. I remember my dad telling me back in the day when he still watched a little football (losing that 4th SB took something out of him, I was a little boy) about the game, and how its fought in the trenches. And boy, did we figure that out last week. Carolina busted through our Oline, and our Dline had problems getting pressure on Cam. I dont think Carolina is that good, I would like to play them again, and crush them.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:53 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

dead_poet wrote:
bauce wrote:
I LOVE Top Gun!!!!

"Chappy!!!!!!"

Oh yeah, Iron Eagle. Basic premise is that 16 year old can steal several F-16's with live ammo. Once you get past that, the movie isn't that bad. 16 year old could easily fly one. Easiest plane I ever flew. You just think of were you want to go and you hand puts pressure on the stick and you just go there.

4th Quarter, 0:10 remaining, leading by 1, ball at home team 39, 3rd down & 10 to go,
Win Probability for the Saints: 99.76%.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:13 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

J. Kapp 11 wrote:

Being a Pilot, that's what happens with me in movies about flying.

Okay, back to the game. I just hope the Bengals play the Vikings like they did the Bears. :)

4th Quarter, 0:10 remaining, leading by 1, ball at home team 39, 3rd down & 10 to go,
Win Probability for the Saints: 99.76%.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:15 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Raptorman wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:

Being a Pilot, that's what happens with me in movies about flying.

Okay, back to the game. I just hope the Bengals play the Vikings like they did the Bears. :)

A pilot? Cool! Is that where your username comes from? Ever flew an F-22? They demonstrated a Raptor during a Blue Angels show about 10 years ago here in Hawaii. One of the most awe inspiring things I've seen in person. I never miss an airshow here which is about every 4 years.

Back on topic. That injury list is almost half of the Vikings starting lineup. Add in Cook and Bradford and it's a wonder the Vikings can even be competitive at the moment. Hope it gets better as the week goes on.

Quote:
Bengals injury report
Bernard, Giovani HB Knee LP - - -
Burfict, Vontaze LB Concussion DNP - - -
Dennard, Darqueze CB Knee DNP - - -
Dunlap, Carlos DE Chest LP - - -
Kirkpatrick, Dre CB Concussion DNP - - -
Kroft, Tyler TE Hamstring DNP - - -
Mixon, Joe HB Concussion DNP - - -
Ogbuehi, Cedric OT Shoulder LP - - -
Sims, Pat DT Heel LP - - -
Vigil, Nick LB Ankle DNP - - -
Williams, Shawn S Hamstring LP - -

Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:12 am
Franchise Player

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
First of all, if there's flooding in maneuvering, the reactor will scram, which means no steam, which means no propulsion, which means the boat is going to sink.

They also acted like shutting the hatch to the engine room would save the ship. Hardly. Think about it. You put hundreds of tons of water into the back end of a submerged tube. Guess what? The tube sinks. Flooding in the engine room, if not stopped at the source, cannot be recovered from.

Not to mention there isn't any water piping anywhere near Maneuvering...

I do believe the hatch is int he casualty procedure for flooding, whether it would do any good if the entire engine room were to flood i do not know.

But like everyone else has said... off - topic.

I have a feeling that we are going to dominate the game on Sunday and that the score is going to reflect that. We just went 4-1 over the toughest stretch of our schedule, a stretch where most of us would have been tickled to come out 3-2 when it started. It took a calamity of errors and injuries for us the lose the third of our 3 road games in a row against potential playoff teams. We are returning home after a long road stretch to a fan base that is starting to believe that this could be the year.

Even with the injuries, the team is going to be fired up at home. They are ready to start a new 6 game win streak to finish out the season. The Bengals have to be embarrassed and deflated after the humiliating loss at home to a team that is well under .500

Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next