Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by halfgiz »

I'm worried it could be a closer game than expected. Vikings never make anything easy.
Hopefully the home game will have us energized.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

dead_poet wrote: Dude. That's Iron Eagle. The best jet movie of all time (not in reference to McKinnon).

"Chappy!!!!!!"
LOL.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

halfgiz wrote:I'm worried it could be a closer game than expected. Vikings never make anything easy.
Hopefully the home game will have us energized.
I have a feeling it's going down to the last few minutes.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Rudolphs status is in question?
Yep.

He left the stadium Sunday in a walking boot. Did not participate in practice Wednesday (ankle).

Rudolph was joined Sunday by his buddies in walking boots, Riley Reiff and Emmanuel Lamur.

Also, Xavier Rhodes (hip), Blake Bell (shoulder) and Mack Alexander (ribs) sustained injuries Sunday and did not practice Wednesday.

Sunday was not a good day for Vikings health.

At least Remmers and David Morgan practiced, although limited.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
bauce
Rookie

Post by bauce »

dead_poet wrote: Dude. That's Iron Eagle. The best jet movie of all time (not in reference to McKinnon).

"Chappy!!!!!!"

I know. I was just being dumb.

I prefer naval movies like "Midway", "The Hunt For Red October", "Up Periscope", "The Final Countdown" and "Master & Commander".
There are only two seasons that exists: football season and waiting for football season.
bauce
Rookie

Post by bauce »

808vikingsfan wrote: I have a feeling it's going down to the last few minutes.
It won't.
There are only two seasons that exists: football season and waiting for football season.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

bauce wrote:
I know. I was just being dumb.

I prefer naval movies like "Midway", "The Hunt For Red October", "Up Periscope", "The Final Countdown" and "Master & Commander".
Fourteen years in the submarine service ruined me for submarine movies. I'm constantly going, "Um, no. Doesn't work that way."

If you like naval movies, check out Das Boot (1981). What a movie. It's totally from the German point of view, but man does that movie leave you a nervous wreck. Best naval movie I've ever seen. I always said it should be a required movie for new submarine volunteers. Might change their minds after watching it.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Fourteen years in the submarine service ruined me for submarine movies. I'm constantly going, "Um, no. Doesn't work that way."

If you like naval movies, check out Das Boot (1981). What a movie. It's totally from the German point of view, but man does that movie leave you a nervous wreck. Best naval movie I've ever seen. I always said it should be a required movie for new submarine volunteers. Might change their minds after watching it.
So you're telling me Crimson Tide is just Hollywood fluf? :)
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

He's a decent announcer actually. I like him and Dan Fouts.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

808vikingsfan wrote:So you're telling me Crimson Tide is just Hollywood fluf? :)
Let's just say I was holding down the bile until the flooding scene. That was where I "got off the boat."

First of all, if there's flooding in maneuvering, the reactor will scram, which means no steam, which means no propulsion, which means the boat is going to sink.

They also acted like shutting the hatch to the engine room would save the ship. Hardly. Think about it. You put hundreds of tons of water into the back end of a submerged tube. Guess what? The tube sinks. Flooding in the engine room, if not stopped at the source, cannot be recovered from.

Then there's the stupid dog on board.

OK. I gotta stop now.

But you know, none of it is as bad as Captain Ramius in Hunt for Red October, driving a 600-foot submarine through a mountain range at all-ahead flank using a freaking stopwatch.

OK. I really gotta stop now. Back to Vikings/Bengals.

But seriously. A mutiny?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Being in a submarine under water, for even a minute, would be my absolute nightmare. I'm deathly afraid of water (although i fish in my boat and fish house when theres ice-and love fishing more then anything in live, yes even sex) and I am claustrophobic. Plus I dont generally like people and being that close to so many would make me wanna vomit. I have never learned how to swim despite passing all the swimming classes I took as a boy. Which reminds me, this one swimming coach we had, had the largest breast known to man and I was in love with her, at year 8 or 9. I wonder if guys are thinking of chic while being in the womb sometimes.

Anyways, this is a huge game for us, we need to win December out, and hope for the #1 seed, and that starts against the Bengals. So therefore the pessimist say we will lose soundly. We should win by 13 easily, but thats the problem, we should really win. I hope to god our Oline picks up where they left a few weeks ago, and Case does his previously good job of evading sack and finding the open receiver. I would love to see Floyd and Kyle both in the redzone more, I like Floyd and think he can fight for those high balls, but he is rarely in. I dont want teams keying in on Kyle too much. I remember my dad telling me back in the day when he still watched a little football (losing that 4th SB took something out of him, I was a little boy) about the game, and how its fought in the trenches. And boy, did we figure that out last week. Carolina busted through our Oline, and our Dline had problems getting pressure on Cam. I dont think Carolina is that good, I would like to play them again, and crush them.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

"Chappy!!!!!!"
Oh yeah, Iron Eagle. Basic premise is that 16 year old can steal several F-16's with live ammo. Once you get past that, the movie isn't that bad. 16 year old could easily fly one. Easiest plane I ever flew. You just think of were you want to go and you hand puts pressure on the stick and you just go there.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Fourteen years in the submarine service ruined me for submarine movies. I'm constantly going, "Um, no. Doesn't work that way."

Being a Pilot, that's what happens with me in movies about flying.

Okay, back to the game. I just hope the Bengals play the Vikings like they did the Bears. :)
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Raptorman wrote: Being a Pilot, that's what happens with me in movies about flying.

Okay, back to the game. I just hope the Bengals play the Vikings like they did the Bears. :)
A pilot? Cool! Is that where your username comes from? Ever flew an F-22? They demonstrated a Raptor during a Blue Angels show about 10 years ago here in Hawaii. One of the most awe inspiring things I've seen in person. I never miss an airshow here which is about every 4 years.

Back on topic. That injury list is almost half of the Vikings starting lineup. Add in Cook and Bradford and it's a wonder the Vikings can even be competitive at the moment. Hope it gets better as the week goes on.
Bengals injury report
Bernard, Giovani HB Knee LP - - -
Burfict, Vontaze LB Concussion DNP - - -
Dennard, Darqueze CB Knee DNP - - -
Dunlap, Carlos DE Chest LP - - -
Kirkpatrick, Dre CB Concussion DNP - - -
Kroft, Tyler TE Hamstring DNP - - -
Mixon, Joe HB Concussion DNP - - -
Ogbuehi, Cedric OT Shoulder LP - - -
Sims, Pat DT Heel LP - - -
Vigil, Nick LB Ankle DNP - - -
Williams, Shawn S Hamstring LP - -
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: First of all, if there's flooding in maneuvering, the reactor will scram, which means no steam, which means no propulsion, which means the boat is going to sink.

They also acted like shutting the hatch to the engine room would save the ship. Hardly. Think about it. You put hundreds of tons of water into the back end of a submerged tube. Guess what? The tube sinks. Flooding in the engine room, if not stopped at the source, cannot be recovered from.
Not to mention there isn't any water piping anywhere near Maneuvering...

I do believe the hatch is int he casualty procedure for flooding, whether it would do any good if the entire engine room were to flood i do not know.

But like everyone else has said... off - topic.

I have a feeling that we are going to dominate the game on Sunday and that the score is going to reflect that. We just went 4-1 over the toughest stretch of our schedule, a stretch where most of us would have been tickled to come out 3-2 when it started. It took a calamity of errors and injuries for us the lose the third of our 3 road games in a row against potential playoff teams. We are returning home after a long road stretch to a fan base that is starting to believe that this could be the year.

Even with the injuries, the team is going to be fired up at home. They are ready to start a new 6 game win streak to finish out the season. The Bengals have to be embarrassed and deflated after the humiliating loss at home to a team that is well under .500
Formerly AADPFan