Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by Cliff »

I'm pretty happy with the result of that long stretch of tough games. I think the team can rebound against the Bengals even not at full health. They were within 3 against the Steelers 2 weeks ago and then lost to the Bears 33-7 last week. Who knows which team will show up. Their fans seem to think they've given up.

Full Article
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. — The Minnesota Vikings (10-3) return home to host the Cincinnati Bengals (5-8) after a three-game road trip. The Vikings had their eight-game win streak snapped in Week 14, falling 31-24 at Carolina. The Vikings own a 5-1 home record, and the Bengals hold a 2-4 mark on the road in 2017. The Vikings 10-3 start is the best start through 13 games for Minnesota since starting 11-2 in 2009.

The Vikings offense, which ranks seventh in the NFL in yards per game (369.3), has been led by the consistent play from WR Adam Thielen, who is tied for third in the NFL with 1,161 receiving yards and seventh in the NFL with 80 receptions. QB Case Keenum has stepped in to start 11 games, posting an 8-3 record and compiling 18 touchdowns against seven interceptions and a career-best 96.2 passer rating. RBs Jerick McKinnon and Latavius Murray have filled the void left by rookie starter RB Dalvin Cook, helping the Vikings rush for 121.1 yards per game, eighth in the NFL.

The Vikings defense has held opponents to 293.4 yards per game (third in the NFL) and 18.1 points per game (third in the NFL). The Vikings defense has limited opponents to 88.3 rushing yards per game (second in the NFL) and 3.7 yards per rush (sixth in the NFL). Minnesota has limited opponents to 205.1 passing yards per game, fifth in the NFL.

DE Everson Griffen is third in the NFL with a career high 13 sacks this season, marking the third time in his career that he has reached double digits (12 in 2014, 10.5 in 2015). LB Eric Kendricks, who has led the Vikings in tackles each of his first two seasons, is leading the Vikings with 118 tackles (coaches’ stats) and has tied his career high with 13 tackles on three separate occasions this season (at PIT, vs BAL, at CLE). S Harrison Smith, who has 15 interceptions and nine sacks since entering the NFL in 2012, is joined by Panthers LB Luke Kuechly as the only two in the NFL since 2012 to have 11 interceptions and 7 sacks.
VIKINGS-BENGALS CONNECTIONS

• Vikings Head Coach Mike Zimmer served as the Bengals defensive coordinator from 2008-13, leading defenses that ranked in the top 10 for yards allowed in four of the six years.

• Vikings CB Terence Newman played for the Bengals from 2012-14, starting in all 41 games in which he appeared with Cincinnati. Newman, who played under Zimmer in Cincinnati and Dallas, again joined Zimmer in Minnesota after signing with the club via free agency in 2015. Newman played in three playoff games (two starts) as a Bengal.

• Bengals assistant strength coach Jeff Friday was a strength coach for the Vikings from 1996-98.

• Vikings LB coach Adam Zimmer served as the Bengals assistant DBs coach in 2013.

• Bengals T Andre Smith played for the Vikings in 2016 and started the first four games of the season before being placed on IR after suffering a triceps injury.

• Vikings LB Emmanuel Lamur originally entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the Bengals in 2012. Lamur played in 29 games (15 starts) with the Bengals from 2012-15 before joining the Vikings via free agency during the 2016 offseason.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Week 15 Bengals @ Vikings Discussion

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I think we dominate them early. Their offense is going to have a real tough time against this defense. 35-10 winners

Is anyone going to this game?? I'm flying to there Friday. Will anyone be out and about Friday or Saturday? Second game of the year. Pretty stoked.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

With our O-line banged up and Kyle Rudolph's status uncertain, I'm not going to make any bold predictions about this game.

We are obviously the better team, in every way. And we're at home with a chance to clinch the division. We should win, and it honestly shouldn't be close.

However, A.J. Green has been mysteriously absent this year. He's only caught 54% of targets his way this year, and we all know he's a great receiver. That stat tells me he's going to break out against somebody. Hoping it's not us. I don't think Joe Mixon is "all that," but he is aiming for a return this week from a concussion this week. If the Vikings bungle any running plays like they did twice against Carolina, he definitely could hurt us.

Let's just get through this game at 11-3 with a division title in hand.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Rudolphs status is in question?
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
bauce
Rookie

Post by bauce »

You should have no problem raping this team on the field. The fans are disgusted with the lack of heart shown and Marv Lewis is just going through the motions before he calls it quits. He doesn't care. No one on this team or fan cares anymore. I know.
There are only two seasons that exists: football season and waiting for football season.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
bauce
Rookie

Post by bauce »

808vikingsfan wrote:TV map.

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=15
Great. I'm stuck with the Jets game....
There are only two seasons that exists: football season and waiting for football season.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

808vikingsfan wrote:TV map.

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=15
I'm moving to Alaska.
Alaskan
Starter

Post by Alaskan »

S197 wrote: I'm moving to Alaska.
Hahaha. The frozen tundra will welcome a fellow Vikings fan with open arms. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I will warn you......the TV schedule is usually not this way. Usually we get Seahawks. This year has been a different story though. Probably because the Vikings are a contender and we have been fortunate the Seahawks game times and the Vikings game times have been different, for the most part. Last year I only got a few games live. I wasted my money on game pass this year though
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Who on earth is Ian Eagle?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
bauce
Rookie

Post by bauce »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Who on earth is Ian Eagle?
I think he is a sports commentator on WFAN tri-state area of New York.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Who on earth is Ian Eagle?
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

bauce
Rookie

Post by bauce »

I LOVE Top Gun!!!!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

bauce wrote:I LOVE Top Gun!!!!
Dude. That's Iron Eagle. The best jet movie of all time (not in reference to McKinnon).

"Chappy!!!!!!"
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly