Week 14 Reaction Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Week 14 Reaction Thread

Post by Purple Reign »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
I UNDERSTAND everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I GET it. But please back your opinion up with something. I mean someone said earlier "Treadwell is slow and cant run routes". I've heard crickets since I addressed it. A comment like that is just out of frustration, it has no validity behind it, no source, nothing.
You have to also understand that opinions don't have to have any validity (which may be frustrating), it is just what one person thinks. You have your opinion and provide facts to back it up, which is fine. But you seem to get worked up when someone disagrees with you and can't let it go. Repeating things doesn't make them any more valid. I'm just saying you don't need to keep justifying your opinion, we understand what you are saying the first time. You have your interpretation of what 'bust' means and others have their own interpretation. It really doesn't make sense to debate what the term means IMO. This is all I am going to say on the subject.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: So that’s people basing it off of draft pedigree which is the wrong way to go by it IMO.
Well, I would submit that draft position does matter. I wouldn't call Treadwell a bust if he was a 6th round pick and our #5 WR.

Compare him with Michael Thomas at New Orleans, also drafted in the 1st round in 2016... That guy is definitely making an impact. He's closing in on 1000 yds and in 6th place overall in receiving yards.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

halfgiz wrote:I think that the coaches like Treadwell's blocking. He is just having a tough time getting passes.
Thielen has 1100 yards
Diggs 700 yards
Rudy 500 yards
And Wright seems to be getting the niche as the tough yards, go to guy.
How many games has Keenum hit 9 different recievers?

I think on lesser team Treadwell could be a # 2 guy.
Do you guys realize? Case Keenum hit 10 different receivers Sunday against Carolina. In fact, he completed at least one pass to every eligible Viking receiver, running back or tight end who actually played an offensive snap.

I don't know if that's good or bad, but it sure shows that he's a equal-opportunity passer. If you get open, he'll throw you the ball. That includes Treadwell, who had two receptions on four targets (fourth most targets on the team Sunday).

One other question. I see that Kyle Sloter took a snap. I missed the first 5 minutes of the game. Did something happen to Keenum? Didn't Bridgewater suit up?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Do you guys realize? Case Keenum hit 10 different receivers Sunday against Carolina. In fact, he completed at least one pass to every eligible Viking receiver, running back or tight end who actually played an offensive snap.

I don't know if that's good or bad, but it sure shows that he's a equal-opportunity passer. If you get open, he'll throw you the ball. That includes Treadwell, who had two receptions on four targets (fourth most targets on the team Sunday).

One other question. I see that Kyle Sloter took a snap. I missed the first 5 minutes of the game. Did something happen to Keenum? Didn't Bridgewater suit up?
Kapp
Sloter was inactive so it couldn't have been him.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

halfgiz wrote: Kapp
Sloter was inactive so it couldn't have been him.
So weird.

Profootball reference shows Keenum playing all but one play, and Sloter playing one.

Thanks.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

soflavike wrote: Well, I would submit that draft position does matter. I wouldn't call Treadwell a bust if he was a 6th round pick and our #5 WR.

Compare him with Michael Thomas at New Orleans, also drafted in the 1st round in 2016... That guy is definitely making an impact. He's closing in on 1000 yds and in 6th place overall in receiving yards.
Again, Michael Thomas was NOT a first round pick. And he also has one of the best passers ever throwing to him. Do you really believe that if New Orleans drafted Treadwell instead of Thomas right when there was a wide open spot left from Colston and then trading Cooks, he wouldn’t be making an impact with Drew Brees throwing him the ball? I sure hope not. And I could just about guarantee, if we drafted Thomas do you know where he would be right now? Sitting right behind Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs. Just like Treadwell is and we’d be having this same conversation about Thomas.

He was no more “pro ready” than Treadwell was. No less Treadwell tore up the SEC his last year at Ole Miss. Thomas didn’t come close to breaking 1000 yards in the big 10 which was much weaker back then. He went over 100 yards twice that year against below average teams.

The spot was there for the taking in New Orleans. It wasn’t there for Treadwell given how fast Thielen came into the fold. He had 20 catches in his first 5 games. And Diggs was already set in stone. It just all goes back to my entire point
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Do you guys realize? Case Keenum hit 10 different receivers Sunday against Carolina. In fact, he completed at least one pass to every eligible Viking receiver, running back or tight end who actually played an offensive snap.

I didnt know Case hit that many different receivers, I think thats very good. Means he is making more reads then I thought.
I watched every second and didnt see Sloter on the field. But there was some kind of trick play when 2 players lined up to take the snap and one backed up into the backfield, was early in the game. I hate trick plays.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Again, Michael Thomas was NOT a first round pick.
I don't see why that makes a difference, in fact, I think it hurts your argument rather than helping it. Why exclude better performing receivers just because they aren't a 1st round pick? I think it is fair to include any picks lower, you just shouldn't include higher picks than Treadwell. And yes, I realize it is impossible to compare apples to apples since different teams have different strengths/weaknesses. But I don't think you can exclude other receivers just because they weren't 1st round picks - they are still performing better.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Please make it stop guys. The round and round repetitive posts are making me not want to check this board. Agree to disagree and move on.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleMustReign wrote:Please make it stop guys. The round and round repetitive posts are making me not want to check this board. Agree to disagree and move on.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Fine by me :thumbsup:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

I would like to express the opinion that PHP eat Wisconsin Cheese. True Story.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

mansquatch wrote:I would like to express the opinion that PHP eat Wisconsin Cheese. True Story.
You lost me there lol
-Chazz Palminteri
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

The Stewart TD run. Sendejo gets faked out again by Newton. Barr and Kendricks?

.@panthers @CameronNewton affects the run game even when he doesn’t have the ball
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014