Which team would you not want to play in the playoffs.

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Which team would you not want to play in the playoffs.

Post by Raptorman »

So, after watching a lot of football the last few weeks I have come to the conclusion that there is not any one team that I would fear in the playoffs. Tonight I watched the 5-7 Dolphins shred the Patriots. Granted, Gronk wasn't playing, but the game wasn't even close to the 27-20 score. I don't think Brady had a pass to a WR until 5 minutes left in the game. If the Vikings can win home field advantage, I am now sure which team could come in a beat them. But.........that being said, any given Sunday....or Thursday...........or Saturday.........or Monday night.

Thoughts?
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Re: Which team would you not want to play in the playoffs.

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Right now? Probably the Packers w/Rodgers and I don't even think they're good at all. Eagles were really good until Wentz went down, Vikes own the NFCS minus the Panthers, but mistakes lost that game and history suggests a great track record against that team with Zimmer, they've dominated the Rams and Seattle is not what they used to be. I'd honestly hate to see the Redskins again, but thankfully, they won't make it.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

The Eagles, without Wentz even. They have the luck of the Packers this year, everything goes there way. I think they are better then some think, but no where as good as the ESPN idiots think they are. Even without Wentz they are going to be tough.

We are going to find out if Case is any good in the upcoming weeks, without the great Oline he had for 11 games. Thats scary, especially if they decide to put Teddy in to turn things around, but waste time seeing if Case still has it. Hopefully Case just had an off day due to the pressure the Panthers put on.

I dont want to play GB or the Patriots. Dont like either team, and the Refs adore them. Im hoping Gb is out of the playoff possible picture in a week or 2. Lucky bastards.

Really want to play Pitt in the SB.

Would like another shot at Carolina, without us shooting ourselves in the foot, and show then the real Vikings.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

New Orleans, Green Bay, or Pittsburgh.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:The Eagles, without Wentz even. They have the luck of the Packers this year, everything goes there way.
Except for that pesky "losing your MVP quarterback to an ACL injury in December" thing. Not that lucky.

That being said, I still don't want to play them. Those guys can get after it.

Don't want to play the Saints, either. I know we beat them, but we were a different team, and so were they. Brees has a lot of playoff experience, and they can really run the ball (can't believe I'm saying that).

Third team? Nobody in the NFC scares me. Maybe Pittsburgh or New England in the Super Bowl. Pittsburgh probably has more talent than anyone, and the Patriots know what they're doing in big games.

I'd love to play Carolina again. Cam is such a terrible passer, and I don't believe a Zimmer-coached team will allow another big run from him.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Rogers is always a PITA since he can pull a horse shoe out of his nether regions and beat you despite how terrible the rest of that team is. However, their defense is an embarrassment, the secondary is BAD. The front 7 are basically an aged Mathews and ??? The OL, WR, and RB are all pedestrian. That team has needed OT and luck to dispatch the likes of the Bucs and the Browns. Rogers is great, but I like our chances against them, especially at USB Stadium.

Seattle is the team that is most scary IMO. Their front 7 is not terrible, they are battle tested, and Russel Wilson is the best 4Q QB in the NFL right now. Them staying home favors us a lot more than GB, at least IMO.

I am starting to wonder if Jacksonville is the team in the AFC that people should be watching. They put Big Ben on a 5 INT performance at Hienz Field earlier this sesaon. They just came off a beating of Seattle this past week. On Offense they are not scary at QB, but their Defense is playoff ready. It wouldn't surprise me to see a Vikings / Jaguars SB.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

If we played any of the NFC teams 100 times, I think we'd beat them all more than 50 times. But in saying that, I don't want to see:

1. Seahawks. They play dirty (see v Jacksonville) so they could easily purposely take out any of our players.
2. Packers. Rodgers is the best QB in the league and can win any game. Plus, if they get on a roll they will be a feel-good story and the refs will also "feel good" for them.
3. Saints. I don't trust Sean Payton to be ethical in the playoffs like I don't trust Seattle. Plus, Drew Brees can still be amazing.

I'd be excited to face anyone else (Panthers, Falcons, Lions, Rams) - especially at home. Still unsure about the Eagles until we see a full game with Foles as QB but they could go on either list at this point.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:The Eagles, without Wentz even. They have the luck of the Packers this year, everything goes there way. I think they are better then some think, but no where as good as the ESPN idiots think they are. Even without Wentz they are going to be tough.

We are going to find out if Case is any good in the upcoming weeks, without the great Oline he had for 11 games. Thats scary, especially if they decide to put Teddy in to turn things around, but waste time seeing if Case still has it. Hopefully Case just had an off day due to the pressure the Panthers put on.

I dont want to play GB or the Patriots. Dont like either team, and the Refs adore them. Im hoping Gb is out of the playoff possible picture in a week or 2. Lucky bastards.

Really want to play Pitt in the SB.

Would like another shot at Carolina, without us shooting ourselves in the foot, and show then the real Vikings.
Keenum got sacked 6 times, got hit 10 times and got hurried 20 times a career high.
And you want to put somebody in who hasn't played in 20 months to turn things around. :rofl:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

halfgiz wrote: Keenum got sacked 6 times, got hit 10 times and got hurried 20 times a career high.
And you want to put somebody in who hasn't played in 20 months to turn things around. :rofl:
Keenum was sacked six times last game?

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Keenum was sacked six times last game?

Yep Carolina blitzed over 50% of the time . Because our line was in shambles.
I honestly wouldn't wish that kind of pounding on any QB. Especially if Teddy would have been trying to get playing time.