Week 14 Reaction Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: Week 14 Reaction Thread

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

At this point I dont even like hearing Treadwell's name, hes starting to become like Ponder to me. He should be as big of an endzone threat as Kyle, but they rarely target him. He is too slow and cant run routes.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

halfgiz wrote: Panthers was 5-15 on 3rd down. Which isn't to good.
It's the 2 big plays that hurt us...Was that because missed assignments or missed tackles.
Early on the facemask penalties also hurt us.
Both.

On Stewart's run, Anthony Barr overpursued and lost gap integrity.

On Cam's run, Sendejo totally whiffed, but Barr also overpursued again and allowed himself to get blocked by (gulp) Matt Kalil.

Anthony Barr has definitely had better games.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

720pete wrote: I wondered about this too. How was there no holding penalties with two very good defensive fronts playing?

Also, just an observation on Treadwell:

2016 NFL WR Draft picks 2017 stats
Pick # 15 Corey Coleman.......20-268-2
Pick # 21 Will Fuller.............20-352-7
Pick # 22 Josh Doctson.........27-388-5
Pick # 23 Laquon Treadwell...17-184-0
I remember hoping Josh Doctson would fall to the Vikings.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:At this point I dont even like hearing Treadwell's name, hes starting to become like Ponder to me. He should be as big of an endzone threat as Kyle, but they rarely target him. He is too slow and cant run routes.
Too slow and cant run routes?? And your sources are? Clearly what I said regarding him earlier went completely over your head. He was completely wide open vs Washington in the red zone and toasted his guy on a double move vs. Baltimore. Those are ones I just saw at the time they happened. I'm sure there are alot more. It's not his fault they dont throw to him. Keenum is looking at 3 others options (Thielen, Diggs and Rudy) before Laquon. So do you really expect them to be targeted. I will say, I can tell you have zero idea what a bust actually is. No less you just put Treadwell's name in the same sentence as Ponder.

Ponder was given PLENTY of opportunity to perform. And failed. Where is Laquons opportunity when he has Thielen and Diggs in front of him???? Please tell me. I mean the two games Diggs was out he went 7 for 79 yards. But where and when is he suppose to get targets when there are 3 stud pass catchers in front of him. Can you really not see that?? Because you seem oblivious to it. I'll admit when guys are busts. Ponder was a bust. But to say Treadwell is when he's been given very little opportunity is an absolute joke. You take nothing into consideration but just love throwing the word bust out there and saying how "he's slow and cant run routes". Your source.... nothing
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

720pete wrote: I wondered about this too. How was there no holding penalties with two very good defensive fronts playing?

Also, just an observation on Treadwell:

2016 NFL WR Draft picks 2017 stats
Pick # 15 Corey Coleman.......20-268-2
Pick # 21 Will Fuller.............20-352-7
Pick # 22 Josh Doctson.........27-388-5
Pick # 23 Laquon Treadwell...17-184-0
Again, Washington, Cleveland and Houston all have awful WRs outside of Hopkins. So again, who do those guys have to compete with?? Nobody. Who does Treadwell have? Thielen and Diggs. They are all drawing #1/#2 targets every game. Treadwell draws less than both our top WRs and obviously Rudy. So he's seeing around the 4th most targets of anyone. The guys above are all seeing top 2. HUGE difference
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Too slow and cant run routes?? And your sources are? Clearly what I said regarding him earlier went completely over your head
Yeah Im just too stupid to understand your excuses for him.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Yeah Im just too stupid to understand your excuses for him.
I'm starting to think that. I mean I'm giving you FACTS that you refuse to take into consideration. You never address them. You just continue to complain. But I'm "giving excuses" and you're providing the "facts" by saying he's "slow and cant run routes" according to your unnamed source. Makes total sense :confused:
-Chazz Palminteri
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Both.

On Cam's run, Sendejo totally whiffed, but Barr also overpursued again and allowed himself to get blocked by (gulp) Matt Kalil.

IIRC, on Stewarts run, Sendejo was the lone safety, and he followed Cam after the hand off then was not able to get back to tackle Stewart. On Cams run it looked like Barr got held pretty egregiously. Not an excuse.

Most of my reactions are already covered throughout this thread.

One play that stood out to me was on a 2nd down scramble by Keenum, where instead of continuing forward and running for or diving for a first down, he slowed up to do a pump fake 5 yards pass the line of scrimmage and ended up getting caught from behind by Captain. This led to a 3rd and 2 that we did not convert. Had he just dove the last two yards that would have bought us 3 more downs on that drive.

We lost, but despite all that went wrong for us we kept clawing ourselves back in it. Its very rare for 10+ things to go wrong in one game, a couple fewer things go wrong and we most likely win that game. Being able to fight through adversity and keep ourselves in it until the very end is a good quality to have going into the playoffs.

Hopefully Reiff is alright. At this point (whether we won or lost yesterday) I expect us to win out our last 3 games and still enter the playoffs with a first round bye.
Last edited by Grashopa on Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly AADPFan
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Grashopa wrote: IIRC, on Stewarts run, Sendejo was the lone safety, and he followed Cam after the hand off then was able to get back to tackle Stewart. .
You may be referencing a different run. When Stewart scored a TD on a 61 yard run, Sendejo went towards Cam to the opposite side of the field and was completely out of the play

Sendejo(#34) is last line of the defense right at the 50 and goes to his right towards Cam as stewart blows by him on his left side. Sendejo is nowhere close to making even an attempted tackle. Sendejo really bit on the play fake there and as the last guy, I do think he maybe should have stayed more center there, but don't know what his specific assignment is. Maybe he was supposed to really focus on shadowing cam
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss ... ard-TD-run
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

There are quite a few members of the Vikings D that had bad games, and Sendejo was one of them. Barr was another but Im getting kind of used to that by now. I thought Kendricks had a good day, but he too wasnt perfect. One of these days Barr has GOT to stop over pursing. Its happening quite a few times a game. And the people that aernt worried about Forbath, why? Dont you remember Walsh. Its the exact same story. He went from hitting everything, to not being able to make chip shots. Thats all in kickers heads.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote:There are quite a few members of the Vikings D that had bad games, and Sendejo was one of them. Barr was another but Im getting kind of used to that by now. I thought Kendricks had a good day, but he too wasnt perfect. One of these days Barr has GOT to stop over pursing. Its happening quite a few times a game. And the people that aernt worried about Forbath, why? Dont you remember Walsh. Its the exact same story. He went from hitting everything, to not being able to make chip shots. Thats all in kickers heads.
Since when did missing a 54 yard FG classify as missing a "chip shot"??
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I mentioned this in the game thread but it should be repeated. The last time a team won 3 consecutive road games against .500+ teams was in the 1960's. It was a tough stretch and the Vikings didn't come out that badly. It does suck when a team beats themselves but absent long-term injuries, I think we'll be okay. Honestly, rest Reiff and Elflein as long as needed so they're good to go for the playoffs. We should be able to beat Cin, GB, and Chi down a guy or two.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: .

Pretty sure that first one was on kendricks.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

mansquatch wrote:Reiff is a huge concern, hopefully it is a short term deal. If they implode against CIN then it is time to panic.

Pretty sure the reasonpeople are freaking out is we have all seen this before.

I have grown numb to this teams shenanigans. I told my coworker "watch garbage #### cincy come into minn and blow us out".

Do i expect a flat, bs show? Absolutely. Do i want one? No. But we have seen this before. I was a bag of salt yesterday. For starters i dont think carolina is that good. This should have been a win. Like someone else said the game came down to essentially 2 plays. Rest of the game was a tossup. But AGAIN, here we go. Green bay lingering around, talk of rodgers returning. Dont even get me started on him, i am so sick of that dude its not even funny and the last thing i want minnesota to do is have to face him in a playoff game, even at home.

But everything is just setting itself up for a letdown yet again. Every team we needed to win yesterday, lost.same thing will happen in the last three games. Im just tired of setting myself up for letdowns. I expect it now. As well as alot of other folks. An overreaction is one thing, like regarding a player who has a bad game , omg cut him, etc.... But when people seem a bit unsupportive given the decades of letdowns, i dont blame them, im in the same boat
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:At this point I dont even like hearing Treadwell's name, hes starting to become like Ponder to me. He should be as big of an endzone threat as Kyle, but they rarely target him. He is too slow and cant run routes.
I agree, and he's getting more snaps than Michael Floyd. I don't get it.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida