Good Game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: Good Game

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Falcons34 wrote:I am only counting them out because their offense is ok. I still think the eagles will represent the NFC.
Wow dude. You're having a rough week.

Eagles looked like anything but a championship team last night. But please, keep on making these predictions. :thumbsup:
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

The stadium was probably 1/3 Viking fans. And they did the SKOL chant at the end! Does anyone have video of that?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Everyone being on this whole "Eagles kick" is really annoying me. I mean go ahead and continue to under estimate us just like everyone in the league and in the media. All because we have Case Keenum as a QB.

But like some have said already, the Eagles couldnt go forward on a Seattle defense that is missing Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor. Arguably the best two players on that defense.

We have beat every top team in the NFC other than Philly who we dont play. We beat the Saints, Falcons and Rams. Should beat Carolina next week. Who has Philly beat?? The Panthers?? :roll: They've mopped up a lot of scrub teams. We havent. We have quality wins and some of those quality wins were on the road.

We deserve the #1 seed. Period
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Here is all you need to know about the Eagles:

Going into the game on Sunday they had played one team with a winning record: Carolina. The combined record off all the teams they had faced was 51 - 81.

Conversely, the combined records of the Vikings opponents going into Sunday was 64-67. This is actually misleading because one of our wins was against the 0-12 Browns. We've beaten the following teams with winning records:

Saints: (9-2)
Rams: (9-3)
Ravens: (7-5)

We've also had 3 games against .500 clubs, 2 vs. Detroit and 1 vs. Green Bay.

We also lost to PIT who has a 9-2 record.

Strength of schedule isn't even close with these two teams. This is why it wasn't a shock that they went into Seattle and got manhandled. They haven't played anything close to that defense. How they do on Sunday against a Rams team that IMO is better offensively that SEA, but much worse defensively will tell the whole story. If they struggle again then we know they are this year's product of a wimpy schedule.

It is worth noting that last year's wimpy schedule wonder was the Dallas Cowboys, who interestingly also play in the NFC East. Bad conference anyone?
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

mansquatch wrote:Here is all you need to know about the Eagles:

Going into the game on Sunday they had played one team with a winning record: Carolina. The combined record off all the teams they had faced was 51 - 81.

Conversely, the combined records of the Vikings opponents going into Sunday was 64-67. This is actually misleading because one of our wins was against the 0-12 Browns. We've beaten the following teams with winning records:

Saints: (9-2)
Rams: (9-3)
Ravens: (7-5)

We've also had 3 games against .500 clubs, 2 vs. Detroit and 1 vs. Green Bay.

We also lost to PIT who has a 9-2 record.

Strength of schedule isn't even close with these two teams. This is why it wasn't a shock that they went into Seattle and got manhandled. They haven't played anything close to that defense. How they do on Sunday against a Rams team that IMO is better offensively that SEA, but much worse defensively will tell the whole story. If they struggle again then we know they are this year's product of a wimpy schedule.

It is worth noting that last year's wimpy schedule wonder was the Dallas Cowboys, who interestingly also play in the NFC East. Bad conference anyone?
I want a rematch with Pittsburgh so bad this year... The only thing better than the Vikings winning the Superbowl at home this year would be them beating the Steelers, convincingly, to do it.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I want a Sreelers rematch in the SB as well. But then I remember how much money Ive lost betting on the Vikes vrs. Steelers in the past and cringe, they really have our number. But revenge would be so sweet. Plus they have to be easier then the Pats.
Knoxx
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Knoxx »

A Viking vs Steelers Super Bowl makes my eye twitch as I relive the trauma.
Falcons34
Practice Squad

Post by Falcons34 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Everyone being on this whole "Eagles kick" is really annoying me. I mean go ahead and continue to under estimate us just like everyone in the league and in the media. All because we have Case Keenum as a QB.

But like some have said already, the Eagles couldnt go forward on a Seattle defense that is missing Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor. Arguably the best two players on that defense.

We have beat every top team in the NFC other than Philly who we dont play. We beat the Saints, Falcons and Rams. Should beat Carolina next week. Who has Philly beat?? The Panthers?? :roll: They've mopped up a lot of scrub teams. We havent. We have quality wins and some of those quality wins were on the road.

We deserve the #1 seed. Period
haha well the Vikings need to show they still deserve the number 1 seed. How could you let Cam go on 60 plus yard run
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Falcons34 wrote: haha well the Vikings need to show they still deserve the number 1 seed. How could you let Cam go on 60 plus yard run
NOW you come back to taunt?

Wow. Troll much?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Falcons34 wrote: haha well the Vikings need to show they still deserve the number 1 seed. How could you let Cam go on 60 plus yard run
How do you let the Dolphins score 20 unanswered points on you?
Falcons34
Practice Squad

Post by Falcons34 »

Dmizzle0 wrote: How do you let the Dolphins score 20 unanswered points on you?
What can I say Jay Cutler had 1 of his rare good games.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Falcons34 wrote: What can I say Jay Cutler had 1 of his rare good games.
So since we let Cam go on a 60 yard run means we dont deserve the #1 seed. But your excuse about the Dolphins is that Jay Cutler had his one rare good game?? Or maybe your team just didnt play good in general
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

On that play it looked like Khalil got away with a pretty blatant hold on Barr and Sendejo just completely whiffed on his tackle attempt. The other safety that would normally have been there to seal off the bigger run, Harrison Smith, was up tight in coverage for some reason and got sealed off up the field. Not sure what happened to the defensive end on that side of the field, but he was also a complete non-factor on the play.

It was just fundamentally bad defense, and it wasn't the only play where the Vikings had that issue yesterday.

On the flip side, those sorts of letdowns haven't been a big problem for them this year. For the most part the defense has been very consistent and effective against both the pass and the run, so I'm more inclined to chalk it up to a few bad plays in a single game at the end of a difficult 3-game road trip than I am to any generalized bigger issue with the defense overall. I think they'll bounce back against the Bengals at home.

The injuries on the offensive line are far more concerning. Vikes ended that game with a single starter on the offensive line, and the Panthers took good advantage of it. If those injuries persist, that will be a big problem.
Falcons34
Practice Squad

Post by Falcons34 »

So since we let Cam go on a 60 yard run means we dont deserve the #1 seed. But your excuse about the Dolphins is that Jay Cutler had his one rare good game?? Or maybe your team just didnt play good in general[/quote][/quote][/quote]
Like the Vikings getting the 1 seed means anything....I lived in Minnesota long enough to know it really does not matter what seed they are...the results are the same
Falcons34
Practice Squad

Post by Falcons34 »

VikingLord wrote: On that play it looked like Khalil got away with a pretty blatant hold on Barr and Sendejo just completely whiffed on his tackle attempt. The other safety that would normally have been there to seal off the bigger run, Harrison Smith, was up tight in coverage for some reason and got sealed off up the field. Not sure what happened to the defensive end on that side of the field, but he was also a complete non-factor on the play.

It was just fundamentally bad defense, and it wasn't the only play where the Vikings had that issue yesterday.

On the flip side, those sorts of letdowns haven't been a big problem for them this year. For the most part the defense has been very consistent and effective against both the pass and the run, so I'm more inclined to chalk it up to a few bad plays in a single game at the end of a difficult 3-game road trip than I am to any generalized bigger issue with the defense overall. I think they'll bounce back against the Bengals at home.

The injuries on the offensive line are far more concerning. Vikes ended that game with a single starter on the offensive line, and the Panthers took good advantage of it. If those injuries persist, that will be a big problem.
I agree that the injuries on the offensive line may be a key worry but maybe those guys will bounce back soon.