Week 14 Reaction Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Re: Week 14 Reaction Thread

Post by halfgiz »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Where did you see this?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ee-injury/

I didn't hear ACL but the training staff didn't look happy at all.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

How is Funches that wide open at the goal line? Seems like Sendejo was closing way to fast when Cam broke that long run......it made for an easy side step for Cam. Lots of drops by our guys....OL in shambles led to a very poor day running the ball. And still close at the end. If the OL can get healthy I'm not too worried.....if they can't then ???
NCViking
Backup

Post by NCViking »

Pretty much every game that mattered went wrong for us today other than the Seahawks-Jaguars game. Packers and Panthers play next week, and we might be better off if the Packers win that one since we don't want the Panthers winning their division and having to worry about them stealing the #2 seed. Fortunately, the Saints have the tiebreaker on them. #1 seed is now almost certainly out the window since we now lose the common games tiebreaker AND are a game back to the Eagles. Even with Wentz probably out for the season, I doubt they lose two of their last three.

Not sure I'll be able to stomach cheering for the Packers against the Panthers. Might just have to tell myself that if the Panthers beat them, they hopefully won't play Rodgers against us. I guess we can just win out so that game won't matter anyways.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

halfgiz wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ee-injury/

I didn't hear ACL but the training staff didn't look happy at all.
Apparently Shefter is saying probable ACL tear. What an enormous loss if that is the case, although Nick Foles is very good.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

NCViking wrote:Pretty much every game that mattered went wrong for us today other than the Seahawks-Jaguars game. Packers and Panthers play next week, and we might be better off if the Packers win that one since we don't want the Panthers winning their division and having to worry about them stealing the #2 seed. Fortunately, the Saints have the tiebreaker on them. #1 seed is now almost certainly out the window since we now lose the common games tiebreaker AND are a game back to the Eagles. Even with Wentz probably out for the season, I doubt they lose two of their last three.

Not sure I'll be able to stomach cheering for the Packers against the Panthers. Might just have to tell myself that if the Panthers beat them, they hopefully won't play Rodgers against us. I guess we can just win out so that game won't matter anyways.
Don't give that one seed to the Eagles just yet. If Wentz is out for the year they are a different team.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Havent seen a thing about his tearing his ACL. It would be all over the sports news if he did. Im betting he just hurt it.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Havent seen a thing about his tearing his ACL. It would be all over the sports news if he did. Im betting he just hurt it.
The Eagles are reporting it now Apparently.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

PurpleMustReign wrote:The Eagles are reporting it now Apparently.

Wow, thats horrible then. Hes an amazing QB, and so young. At least he should heal fast, but thats a tough break.
NCViking
Backup

Post by NCViking »

Raptorman wrote: Don't give that one seed to the Eagles just yet. If Wentz is out for the year they are a different team.
I like the optimism, but Foles is one of the best backups and could start for a number of teams. The Eagles are more than good enough to go 2-1 against the Giants, Raiders, and Cowboys with Foles as their QB. On the bright side, I don't think they'll be good enough to get through the divisional round without Wentz, which would give us home field if we make the NFCCG.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Teddy Bridgewater‏ Verified account @teddyb_h2o

There’s always a lesson you take away from every win and especially every loss. Love the fight in this locker room, let’s learn from this one and get the train back rolling. There’s still a lot is football left to be played.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Really sucks.

We've grown accustomed to the Vikings NOT doing the things they did today.

• 5 drops, including two consecutive in the end zone by Thielen.
• Untimely penalties -- two consecutive facemasks.
• Poor play coming out of the locker room at halftime.
• Missed tackles.
• Interceptions.
• Getting absolutely gashed in the running game.

And still we had this game tied after trailing by 11 late. Lot of fight in this team. Unfortunately, we beat ourselves.

The injuries along the offensive line are very disconcerting. Elflein missing this game really hurt the team. If Reiff is out for any length of time, it's going to be tough. I get so tired of our team always losing its offensive linemen. Especially true this season ... they're really good when they're all healthy, and we have good depth. Just hard to overcome the loss of 3 out of 5 starters.

Cam is a TERRIBLE passer. Wow. I'd actually welcome facing the Panthers in the playoffs, especially at home.

Onward and upward. Let's get better at home against a pretty bad Bengals team.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

All the things the Vikings were good at this year, they failed vs Carolina

Stopping the run
Convert 3rd downs in the red zone
defensive stops on 3rd down
pass protection
run blocking
tackling
catching passes
turnovers
gap assignments
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

808vikingsfan wrote:All the things the Vikings were good at this year, they failed vs Carolina

Stopping the run
Convert 3rd downs in the red zone
defensive stops on 3rd down
pass protection
run blocking
tackling
catching passes
turnovers
gap assignments
The run defense baffles me. Linval is every but as good as, if not better than, Pat Williams, and while Tom Johnson may not be Kevin Williams, the fact that they allow 5 yard runs almost every time is astounding.
As good as Kendricks is, he has had multiple games this season where he has just missed tackles.
I'm not going to give the offense a total pass, because they moved the ball and scored 24 points on a good defense, but losing three of your five starters on the OL is enormous. I guarantee Reiff will miss at least one game, probably more. I really hope Elfleins shoulder heals quickly. If the OL goes down, we could have Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers as our QB and it won't matter.

jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Im not saying it’s over when it comes to getting
home field but it was a perfect chance to gain
some ground and close the division out.

Hopefully this wakes up our guys and we tear it
Up for a few months again.

Our OL night cost us our best chance in decades
at a ring... sigh
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Apparently Shefter is saying probable ACL tear. What an enormous loss if that is the case, although Nick Foles is very good.

Nick Foles is not very good. He was good for one year. After that, he was awful
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri