Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread

Post by Mothman »

It's tough to win back-to-back road games against quality teams, especially at this time of year. The Vikes came back from behind and just didn't have enough to finish today. Oh well, the winning streak was nice while it lasted. Now it's time to start another winning streak next week!
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Freakin’ Packers just won, too.

Hey, maybe today will serve as a little comeuppance and a wake-up call. The season is not over and we are not invincible. Need to get it turned around next week and move on.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
me4get
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by me4get »

pack just won
Viking fan since '65
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

allday1991 wrote: Waste of a pick, the little we ask from him he cant even do.
Go back and watch that draft, when we picked him you could tell by his reaction, he didn't want to come to Minnesota. I knew right then that he was a bust.
A.D_blazing
Transition Player

Post by A.D_blazing »

This was the game where the defense needed the Offense to help them. Sadly, the real Case keenum showed up. I'm sure all the Case Keenum apologetic will have their say.

lol
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

A.D_blazing wrote:This was the game where the defense needed the Offense to help them. Sadly, the real Case keenum showed up. I'm sure all the Case Keenum apologetic will have their say.

lol
Did Case give up 2 huge simple runs up the middle? A wide open walk-in TD to the opposing team's best WR?

Case wasn't lights out today, but he wasn't the reason they lost.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

The sky isn't falling but that was tough to watch.
Knoxx
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Knoxx »

S197 wrote:Joe Webb is still in the league?
I saw that too.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

VikingLord wrote: No way.

Keenum was off on a few passes, but he also had a lot of dropped balls and the offensive line easily played its worst game of the year (years?).

I blame this one on the defense, though. They were healthy. They gave up a 60 yard TD run on a 3rd-and-1, gave up a walk in TD pass to the best Carolina WR on a 3rd-and-7, and then gave up a huge run up the middle on a QB keeper late in a game. Embarrassing performance for unit that looked unprepared to me. It looked to me like they had not studied or prepared for the Panther offense.
I agree. Case wasn't great, but the defense was very bad. They are supposed to be what leads this team. They need to show it.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Purple Domination wrote:O Line looked like last years squad. I think whether we overcome this game or not depends on Elflein and Reiff’s injuries.

@CourtneyRCronin
2h
Vikings OL from left to right: Rashod Hill, Danny Isidora, Nick Easton, Joe Berger, Jeremiah Sirles. They haven't had to do shifting like this since last year.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

A.D_blazing wrote:It's time for Bridgewater to start a game.
No, we put in Bridgewater with the Oline that played today, and he will look like Case did. But everyone will blame Teddy and not the Oline. It may be good for some people to see Case play with an average to below average Oline before they call him MVP lol.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Cliff wrote:The sky isn't falling but that was tough to watch.
Exactly how I feel. I'll express my opinions elsewhere, but damn do I agree with this 100%.
w_huisman
Transition Player

Post by w_huisman »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: No, we put in Bridgewater with the Oline that played today, and he will look like Case did. But everyone will blame Teddy and not the Oline. It may be good for some people to see Case play with an average to below average Oline before they call him MVP lol.
I want to see Bridgewater play too, today wasn’t the day. Our o-line was in shambles and it showed with the pressure Keenum had to deal with. Putting Bridge in there at that point would have been setting him up for failure.

Here’s to hoping we can get our o-line healthy before the playoffs! SKOL! :v):
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

I don't know if Teddy is getting out of some the pressures that Case does though.

I wish we had Bradford on some of those errant deep passes though...Then again, Sammy wasn't getting out of a lot of those pressures.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

VikingLord wrote: Did Case give up 2 huge simple runs up the middle? A wide open walk-in TD to the opposing team's best WR?

Case wasn't lights out today, but he wasn't the reason they lost.
3 turnovers and numerous bad throws didnt help us either. Hes as much to blame as anyone.