Week 14 Reaction Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Re: Week 14 Reaction Thread

Post by VikingLord »

dead_poet wrote: Vikes giving up chunk runs.
216 total rushing yards given up today with a 6.0 yards per carry average.

That is eye-watering bad.

Vikes better focus on getting that buttoned up or it's going to be a long December and a short January.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Not one holding penalty in this game. Has this ever happened before?
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
DavidKarki
Veteran

Post by DavidKarki »

S197 wrote:Honestly Forbath is my main worry right now. These games are going to be tight and you need a reliable guy who can at least make a 50 yard FG look respectable. We need to grab a guy from the CFL, not let Priefer talk to him at all, and hope for the best.
The Panthers got a piece of that ball on the kick...CBS replay was clear on that. So the same issues we saw at Detroit on Thanksgiving, likely made worse by O-line injuries, crop up again.

I'm not saying I fully trust Forbath...merely that the FG blocking has been shaky as of late as well. And the O-line injuries will only cause that to fester all the more.
--Dave
GO VIKINGS!!!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I’ve said this before, it happens. Look at the 2000 Ravens. Just because we have one bad defensive game doesn’t mean this defense isn’t an elite defense. I don’t buy the “good defenses just don’t do that”. Yeah they do. Look it up. We didn’t play well but we fought. I’m not worried. I’m more worried about the OL than anything. The defense should be the least of our worries
But this is the third time it has happened. They couldn't stop Washington, Detroit, and now Carolina. I don't understand why Zimmer isn't blitzing more. I get we are getting pressure, but we need to hit the QB. It seems like something is missing right now.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

S197 wrote:Honestly Forbath is my main worry right now. These games are going to be tight and you need a reliable guy who can at least make a 50 yard FG look respectable. We need to grab a guy from the CFL, not let Priefer talk to him at all, and hope for the best.
I agree I kind of feel Forbath is the weak link. That FG miss didn't loose the game for us, but it hurt.
Knoxx
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Knoxx »

Would settle for a guy that you could rely on at 35 yards
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

dead_poet wrote: pleasebeprecautionary

pleasebeprecautionary

plreasebeprecautionary
Not a good sign.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Im afraid you are right. I said the same thing about Walsh, and Rick didnt replace him until it was too late. I cant imagine Zimmer relying on Forbath to kick a game winning FG. It would give me a heart attack personally. I am not a Priefer fan either. Im also not a Quigly fan. Not really a ST fan at all except for Sherels who just keeps on ticking.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

So much for the Barr vs. Kendrics back and forth...They both sucked today. Thielen, crap. Rudolph, no good. Diggs done disappeared from the playmaking spectrum weeks ago. Forbath is shook...And the offensive line: back to being a problem...

And they still had a chance to win...I hate what I saw today, but L's happen, so given what I saw of this team all season, they deserve the benefit of the doubt. That won't last long if they play like that again though.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

My take is that we played an awful game. Bad play calling, more dropped passes in one game than in the rest of the season, injured linemen, lots of bad bounces, lots of plays inches away from going the other way, poor defense on critical plays, turnovers, etc. And to do this on the road against a team that is now 9-4 is always going to cost you.

On the other hand, I was expecting a fluky game, so to find ourselves tied with Carolina at the two-minute warning was oddly satisfying for me. Really, I wouldn't have minded today's outcomes if only the Packers would have lost. Again they pull a game out of their butts in overtime against a really bad team.
DavidKarki
Veteran

Post by DavidKarki »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Im afraid you are right. I said the same thing about Walsh, and Rick didnt replace him until it was too late. I cant imagine Zimmer relying on Forbath to kick a game winning FG. It would give me a heart attack personally. I am not a Priefer fan either. Im also not a Quigly fan. Not really a ST fan at all except for Sherels who just keeps on ticking.

And Blair Walsh misses a 38-yard FG at the end of the first half. 3-0 Jags going to the locker room. Walsh will run himself out of Seattle at year's end, I think. After having run himself out of MN.

Whatever issues Forbath may have, Walsh is worse. At least Seattle gets to suffer for it now...
--Dave
GO VIKINGS!!!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

The worst part of the day... #### Green Bay beat Cleveland. Now we have to listen to that crap for another week.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

This OL is going to be the weak link if they don’t get healthy
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
A.D_blazing
Transition Player

Post by A.D_blazing »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:This OL is going to be the weak link if they don’t get healthy
It's ok the vikings have Case Keenum.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:This OL is going to be the weak link if they don’t get healthy

I honestly wouldn't give an issh about Remmers except for depth reasons, but now with Elfein being hampered forcing Eason to move over and with whatever happened to Reiff going down...I'm concerned.