WEEK 12: Minnesota Vikings @ Detroit Lions Discussion

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Re: WEEK 14: Minnesota Vikings @ Panthers Discussion

Post by S197 »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Have you heard of that new device that allows people to stream feeds from 1000 miles away? I know someone who has it, and says he watches all local sports (he lives in No. Virginia) and watches them in ND. I think he said the device was around 350$ to set up, its at his parents house. I would imagine thats going to be the next big thing if you can get private streams with little delay.
Interesting. Although a 1,000 miles away from me in any direction is the Pacific Ocean :v):
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Hah, well thats how far he lives from the device. He got it solely to check the local channels (which include the sports channels, like FS1 to watch the twins game if he was from MN). He just lived 1000 miles away and knew it worked from that distance. He did say he had to increase his upload speed at the hosts home to 3 mgs. Said it was amazing. Anyways, I hope someone looks into it. I may have to move to AZ, and I dont plan on missing a Vikings game ever, if I can help it.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

VikingLord wrote: You put Randy Moss on a high school team and he'll look like a man among boys. You put Randy Moss on a pro team and he'll look like a man among boys...

Errr... OK, so Moss might be the rare individual exception, but as good as Luke might be, he's not THAT much better than either Barr or Kendricks, much less both of them together (if he's better at all).

(Just trying to inject a little humor into this)
Hah, I agree. No one knows how they put the data in the Madden games. Unfortunately though, I think Luke is quite a bit better then Barr. Hoping that changes as Barr matures. But again, Kendricks is the real deal.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

One of the odd things about this season is that the Vikings have seemed to play just a little better than the Vegas line, at least during the last eight games. I suppose the Rams game was a little more of a "blowout", but the rest have been hard but solid victories. We've had no strange games, IMHO.

So I'm predicting that we'll see a bit of a crazy game this week. We just seem to be due. Whether it is "crazy-good" or "crazy-bad" is the big question for me. The Vikings haven't had killer turnovers since the Detroit game and the Dalvin Cook ACL-fumble. It's not out of the realm of possibility to get a four-turnover game here, with Case getting a couple tipped ball interceptions and maybe a Murray fumble and one from Diggs or Thielen. And that would result in a pretty bad blowout, I would guess.

Then again, we have not been lucky at all defensively or on special teams. We were averaging about 6 return TD's over the last three seasons (really helping out my fantasy teams!), and by the eyeball test, we are a better defense this year, and yet we have been shut out both defensively and on special teams. We generally are tough on Cam Newton, so we could really break out this game, get a couple return TD's, and blow away the Panthers.

In a weird (at least to me) scheduling setup, all four NFC North squads are on the road this week. Dave Dameshek at nfl.com is predicting that we all lose. I'd love it if Cleveland's first and only win was over the Packers. Cleveland has the NFL's best run defense, IIRC, and that's about all the offense Green Bay has these days.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Vikings-Panthers not being shown here in Des Moines, Iowa. We're getting Packers-Browns. Wow.

Who makes these decisions, anyway? I mean, 6-6 vs. 0-12, instead of 10-2 vs. 8-4. Unbelievable.

Looks like I'll be spending my afternoon in a sports bar.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Vikings-Panthers not being shown here in Des Moines, Iowa. We're getting Packers-Browns. Wow.

Who makes these decisions, anyway? I mean, 6-6 vs. 0-12, instead of 10-2 vs. 8-4. Unbelievable.

That sucks. Who in Iowa would even care about GB?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
NCViking
Backup

Post by NCViking »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Vikings-Panthers not being shown here in Des Moines, Iowa. We're getting Packers-Browns. Wow.

Packers-Browns is on Fox while Vikings-Panthers is on CBS, so you're not getting one in place of the other. It does look like you're getting the KC-Oakland game instead of the Vikes game. Sorry. :?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Keuchly: 89 Combined Tackles, 53 Solo, 36 Assisted
Kendricks: 87 Combined Tackles, 56 Solo, 31 Assisted
Barr: 60 Combined Tackles, 46 Solo, 13 Assisted

Stats are your friend. Next time, use them.
Yet Kuechly will always be a 99 and Kendrick’s will flutter around 78-80. Like I said before, zero credibility. Rhodes is in the high 80s. But guys like Norman and Sherman are high 90s. Elflein is like a 73 lol. Reiff is a 78 but Remmers is an 82??? Linval might be one of the most if not THE most dominate nose in the league and he’s high 80s. I play madden quite often. The ratings are a joke and I can tell you the panel that does them, aren’t very knowledgeable of the game
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Elflein out :wallbang:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Yeah I’m very concerned about the OL guys and
David Morgan out ... blocking and Carolina
Defense and pass rush is no slouch
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Looked at the stats 3 yards passing for Cam lol
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
The-Purple-Reign
Starter

Post by The-Purple-Reign »

I don't feel good about this...
S197
Fenrir

Re: WEEK 12: Minnesota Vikings @ Detroit Lions Discussion

Post by S197 »

Sorry, screwed up and merged the panthers and Lions threads together.