WEEK 12: Minnesota Vikings @ Detroit Lions Discussion

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: WEEK 14: Minnesota Vikings @ Panthers Discussion

Post by dead_poet »

808vikingsfan wrote:TV Map. Re subscribed to digital cable just in time.

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=14
Oakland? REALLY? :wallbang:
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

mansquatch wrote:In the Panther scheme sure, but our guys are aces at our scheme, which includes disguise as well as playing coverage as needed. Last week we shut down Carolinas passing game, which includes throws to backs. That is a big deal. This year the Patriots Offense has basically cut its bread by throwing to Gronk and it's stable of running backs.

Barr and Kendricks for me, no hesitation.
Lol, imo i'd trade both Kendricks and Barr for Luke alone, dude is probably the smartest line backer and best zone backer in the game which would fit perfectly into our LB's, it would be like having another Harrison smith type difference maker but at LB. I know its just a game but among the gaming and madden world Kendrick's and Barr didn't even break 80's overall and Luke is a 99.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

allday1991 wrote: Lol, imo i'd trade both Kendricks and Barr for Luke alone, dude is probably the smartest line backer and best zone backer in the game which would fit perfectly into our LB's, it would be like having another Harrison smith type difference maker but at LB. I know its just a game but among the gaming and madden world Kendrick's and Barr didn't even break 80's overall and Luke is a 99.
You cannot be serious. Who in the hell cares about the gaming world? Do you realize how much credibility you lose with that statement?

There is no way I'd trade Barr and Kendricks for anybody. Not in Zimmer's system. There aren't a pair of linebackers in the league who can run sideline to sideline, drop into coverage from the line of scrimmage, and rush the passer like these two. That's what you have to be able to do to play linebacker in Zimmer's system, and they're masters at it.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
NCViking
Backup

Post by NCViking »

I mean I wouldn't trade both of them for Keuchly, but anyone who would take Kendricks over Keuchly at MLB is just being a homer or has never watched him play. Best MLB in the league without question.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: You cannot be serious. Who in the hell cares about the gaming world? Do you realize how much credibility you lose with that statement?

There is no way I'd trade Barr and Kendricks for anybody. Not in Zimmer's system. There aren't a pair of linebackers in the league who can run sideline to sideline, drop into coverage from the line of scrimmage, and rush the passer like these two. That's what you have to be able to do to play linebacker in Zimmer's system, and they're masters at it.
You think Barr is the best LB in the game? Seriously? I love Kendricks, but he isnt even top 5. And speaking of systems, this is the one one that would work for Case. And probably Teddy. Neither have great arms, or accuracy on long throws, but can play the system of ball Pat is calling.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:You think Barr is the best LB in the game? Seriously? I love Kendricks, but he isnt even top 5. And speaking of systems, this is the one one that would work for Case. And probably Teddy. Neither have great arms, or accuracy on long throws, but can play the system of ball Pat is calling.
I don't know that I'd trade Kendricks for anyone else, but Barr is inconsistent to me. And sometimes I get the idea he is just going half speed. And he takes some bad penalties. His athleticism makes up for most of it, but I keep wondering if the light bulb will go on, because if he took on the position with full heart and mind, I think he'd be the best in the game.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

John_Viveiros wrote:I don't know that I'd trade Kendricks for anyone else, but Barr is inconsistent to me. And sometimes I get the idea he is just going half speed. And he takes some bad penalties. His athleticism makes up for most of it, but I keep wondering if the light bulb will go on, because if he took on the position with full heart and mind, I think he'd be the best in the game.
I agree about Barr. I've mentioned it before, but you simply cant say negative comments sometimes, or you either aernt a fan, or are ignorant and must show all your data. But Barr takes bad angles (mainly when blitzing it seems), and sometimes its like he forgets what to do. Like the split hesitation Waynes sometimes has in finding where the ball is. I do think Barr is a good LB, but hes not great, like we thought he would be, and I think should be. Now Kendricks, he is a star. I know sometimes people say he misses tackles, but I dont think it happens often. No, he isnt the athlete or speedster Barr is, but he is a great LB. But Id still trade him even up for Luke lol. Or a few others.

That being said, I bet Barr is the spy on Cam this weekend. And I have a feeling Barr will win.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

808vikingsfan wrote:TV Map. Re subscribed to digital cable just in time.

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=14
I've been living the good life here in the Pacific NW. Vikings six weeks in a row, including the upcoming game. I am spoiled, and enjoying it all while it lasts.

Next week, for me, it's between:
Cincinnati @ Minnesota
NY Jets @ New Orleans
Miami @ Buffalo
Baltimore @ Cleveland

The bottom two aren't happening, at least, not here. I'd guess there's a better than even chance we go with the closest geographical team, the Vikes.

National broadcast the next week, vs. GB.

Week 17 - no shot, not with Carolina-Atlanta, GB-Detroit, and Dallas-Philadelphia on the schedule.

But then I get to see their next three home games! :wink:
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:That being said, I bet Barr is the spy on Cam this weekend. And I have a feeling Barr will win.
I like our chances with that! Cam doesn't like to be hit, and Barr can dish it out.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

John_Viveiros wrote: I like our chances with that! Cam doesn't like to be hit, and Barr can dish it out.
Exactly. Cam is a lot like Rogers. He hates being hit, cries about it a lot. Case got nailed in the side of the head, and didnt say a word about it or complain. But it rattles Cam.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

allday1991 wrote: Lol, imo i'd trade both Kendricks and Barr for Luke alone, dude is probably the smartest line backer and best zone backer in the game which would fit perfectly into our LB's, it would be like having another Harrison smith type difference maker but at LB. I know its just a game but among the gaming and madden world Kendrick's and Barr didn't even break 80's overall and Luke is a 99.
You cannot be serious. Who in the hell cares about the gaming world? Do you realize how much credibility you lose with that statement?

There is no way I'd trade Barr and Kendricks for anybody. Not in Zimmer's system. There aren't a pair of linebackers in the league who can run sideline to sideline, drop into coverage from the line of scrimmage, and rush the passer like these two. That's what you have to be able to do to play linebacker in Zimmer's system, and they're masters at it.[/quote]

Who cares about the gaming world? well world wide its more popular than the nfl so. I hate to bring madden into reference however it is based of the sport we are talking about and players overall are decided by stats and group of "analyst". I do agree they often under cut some while playing favorites to others one thing I can guantee you is you don't get a 99 unless your a complete animal, for example JJ Watt, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers are the few names that come to mind that have grab the 99 rating over the last few years. Hate on the gaming world all you want, that's some elite company, I know we are Viking fans but you must be a real homer to think Kendricks or Barr is even in the realm of Luke.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Two things I'm a little worried about right now.

#1. I still don't think the Vikings D plays as good on natural grass than on field turf.

#2. Looks like Greg Olsen is playing.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Man, remember when Matt Kalil was rated 81 in Madden 15 guys!?

What happened to that?

It's... almost as if a video game has no bearing on how real life plays out! SHOCKER~!

Dude, you need to know the difference between real-life and video games. Just because someone is rated 99 doesn't mean they're really that #### good. Stick with realistic statistics and not fantasy stats to fit your arguments.

Looking at tackling stats alone:

Keuchly: 89 Combined Tackles, 53 Solo, 36 Assisted
Kendricks: 87 Combined Tackles, 56 Solo, 31 Assisted
Barr: 60 Combined Tackles, 46 Solo, 13 Assisted

Looking at tackling alone, Kendricks and Keuchly are pretty damn comparable, and I'd rather have the younger talent. Barr is also somewhat comparable, but from the looks of things, he's great at making solo tackles, even if he's inconsistent.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: You cannot be serious. Who in the hell cares about the gaming world? Do you realize how much credibility you lose with that statement?

If you didnt say this Kapp, I was going to. Yeah zero credibility with the whole gaming thing. IMO, I believe Kendricks is a top 5 MLB in this league. He's so grossly underrated it's not even funny.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: You cannot be serious. Who in the hell cares about the gaming world? Do you realize how much credibility you lose with that statement?

If you didnt say this Kapp, I was going to. Yeah zero credibility with the whole gaming thing. IMO, I believe Kendricks is a top 5 MLB in this league. He's so grossly underrated it's not even funny.[/quote]

Lol so a group of people basing a video game off the sport we are talking about isn't relevant? Zero credibility? Just cause its a video game? I'll explain this again players rating are based off a panel vote which is aimed to be as unbiased as possible. Even if they didnt under cut Kendricks abit he isnt no 99. The fact that these two are being compared to Luke just reinforces the fact your being bias. I showed you a group (big group) of people that agree with me but you dismiss it because its a video game? Then say Kendricks is top 5 with no backing at all? Take off the glasses, it might not be the best source but it is worth more than a bunch of bias fans towards their teams.