Lets say the unthinkable happens....

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Lets say the unthinkable happens....

Post by Boon »

And this team reaches the big game, at home, which has never been done before. Not trying to jinx it but im curious, how is that game treated? Anyone know?

Like im pretty sure they're not allowed home field sound effects and extras. Or allowing intros for just the home team etc...
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Lets say the unthinkable happens....

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Boon wrote:And this team reaches the big game, at home, which has never been done before. Not trying to jinx it but im curious, how is that game treated? Anyone know?

Like im pretty sure they're not allowed home field sound effects and extras. Or allowing intros for just the home team etc...
I've heard the Vikings would be the visiting team if they make the SB. Not sure what that means besides having to wear white.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I'm actually serious when I say this.

If the Vikings make the Super Bowl, our 401(k) might be in jeopardy. I would do nearly anything to go to that game. My wife is 59 1/2, so we can withdraw money without penalty. I just wonder what the cost of a ticket might be. Obviously it would have to be on the secondary market. $5,000? More?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:I'm actually serious when I say this.

If the Vikings make the Super Bowl, our 401(k) might be in jeopardy. I would do nearly anything to go to that game. My wife is 59 1/2, so we can withdraw money without penalty. I just wonder what the cost of a ticket might be. Obviously it would have to be on the secondary market. $5,000? More?
Costco was just selling tickets, it was 10k for two tickets but you get a 2500 Costco card. Depends where you sit and who the other team isn't but it's likely going to be over 5k a ticket. If they make it, I'll sell a damn kidney if I have to, I will be there.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:I'm actually serious when I say this.

Last year they had bleeds going for about 2700, cheapest i saw
DavidKarki
Veteran

Post by DavidKarki »

808vikingsfan wrote: I've heard the Vikings would be the visiting team if they make the SB. Not sure what that means besides having to wear white.

The AFC team would be the "home" team. The Vikings would be the "visiting" NFC team, meaning they'd use the U of MN for practice that week (and NOT Winter Park, which the AFC team would get), the OTHER locker room at US Bank Stadium (AFC team gets the Vikes' locker room), run out of the OTHER tunnel (to whatever the NFL chooses, as it's their show), stand on the OTHER sideline, and wear their white road uniforms.

It would, in short, be the bizarro Superman universe where everything is the negative/reverse of the real universe.

And if you think either Belichick or Tomlin would agree to flip any of that (assuming they're even allowed to) so the Vikings could be maximally comfortable, you're out of your mind. They wouldn't even agree to wear road uniforms, so the Vikings could wear home purple. Not that I'd expect Zimmer to even ask, since he operates from that same school of gamesmanship and wouldn't want to give the opponent that hint of "weakness."
--Dave
GO VIKINGS!!!
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

If the Vikings make it to the SB, we would have to wait till the last minute to get tickets. I am guessing 5-7k per ticket, and who wants to go alone? Im sure it could be closer to 10k.

I have a '99 Harley Wide Glide ive had for years, and have a ton of money into. I can hardly ride it for any amount of time because of spine problems from my cervical all the way to the lumbar. One reason I would sell it, is to get SB tickets. Its given me a lot of joy, and would be a great reason to get rid of it. My neck would love me for it hah. And win or lose, I would never forget the experience.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Boon wrote:
Last year they had bleeds going for about 2700, cheapest i saw
Oh wow, missed this post. I cant believe they might be that cheap. I'd be happy with twice that. Broke, but happy.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Well don't mortgage your homes yet but we are the number 1 seed!! :v): :smilevike:
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

DavidKarki wrote:
The AFC team would be the "home" team. The Vikings would be the "visiting" NFC team, meaning they'd use the U of MN for practice that week (and NOT Winter Park, which the AFC team would get), the OTHER locker room at US Bank Stadium (AFC team gets the Vikes' locker room), run out of the OTHER tunnel (to whatever the NFL chooses, as it's their show), stand on the OTHER sideline, and wear their white road uniforms.

It would, in short, be the bizarro Superman universe where everything is the negative/reverse of the real universe.

And if you think either Belichick or Tomlin would agree to flip any of that (assuming they're even allowed to) so the Vikings could be maximally comfortable, you're out of your mind. They wouldn't even agree to wear road uniforms, so the Vikings could wear home purple. Not that I'd expect Zimmer to even ask, since he operates from that same school of gamesmanship and wouldn't want to give the opponent that hint of "weakness."
Thanks for the info. Yeah, that'd be weird. Almost more of a distraction than playing somewhere else.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
NCViking
Backup

Post by NCViking »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Oh wow, missed this post. I cant believe they might be that cheap. I'd be happy with twice that. Broke, but happy.
I feel like if the Vikings make the Super Bowl, ticket prices will skyrocket because demand for tickets would increase simply because the local team is playing in it.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

If you can prove you are a long-suffering Vikings fan you should get a 90% discount for all your suffering. Just prove you were born earlier than, say, 1971, and you get the discount. You must provide proof of shattered TV sets, ripped up/burned jerseys, pictures or video of you openly weeping while watching any of the Superbowl losses. Heck, fans born before, say 1990, should get at least a 75% discount if they can prove any of the same for the 1998, 2001, or 2009 teams as well.
DavidKarki
Veteran

Post by DavidKarki »

NCViking wrote: I feel like if the Vikings make the Super Bowl, ticket prices will skyrocket because demand for tickets would increase simply because the local team is playing in it.
Maybe, but I think it wouldn't be as much as you think, simply because the event is so totally corporate, out of almost every average person's price range to begin with (much less at average scalper prices), and no "regular" fans attend it in any significant number. There just won't be enough available supply for that local demand spike to have a significant effect overall.

The handful of Vikings season ticket holders who win the lottery for the batch given out that way may well have literally done so, though, given what they'd be able to scalp them for. :)
--Dave
GO VIKINGS!!!
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

VikingLord wrote:If you can prove you are a long-suffering Vikings fan you should get a 90% discount for all your suffering. Just prove you were born earlier than, say, 1971, and you get the discount. You must provide proof of shattered TV sets, ripped up/burned jerseys, pictures or video of you openly weeping while watching any of the Superbowl losses. Heck, fans born before, say 1990, should get at least a 75% discount if they can prove any of the same for the 1998, 2001, or 2009 teams as well.
:beerock:

Totally agree. My brothers and I live scattered throughout the world, but we would convene back in our home town to see this. We could use the discount!
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I will buy a new tv and kick everyone out of the house except for
my poor son who inherited my Vikings love ...

I have tried darn hard to not get irrational hyped
off this season but it's starting to look like another
2009 type chance.... time will tell...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!