Good Game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Falcons34
Practice Squad

Good Game

Post by Falcons34 »

Good game Vikings fans..Julio was held in check....rhodes did a great job but also Ryan threw high on a couple passes to julio when he was a little open. I think Philly takes the NFC. Neither the Falcons or Vikings are going to the Superbowl. It was a good game tho.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Good Game

Post by dead_poet »

Falcons34 wrote:Good game Vikings fans..Julio was held in check....rhodes did a great job but also Ryan threw high on a couple passes to julio when he was a little open. I think Philly takes the NFC. Neither the Falcons or Vikings are going to the Superbowl. It was a good game tho.
Good, hard-fought game.

The Falcons may not represent the NFC but don't count us out.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Some uncharacteristic throws and drops by the falcons. If the Vikings can get home field, I can see them making it. They can beat anyone at home. Good game.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Falcons34 wrote:Good game Vikings fans..Julio was held in check....rhodes did a great job but also Ryan threw high on a couple passes to julio when he was a little open. I think Philly takes the NFC. Neither the Falcons or Vikings are going to the Superbowl. It was a good game tho.

Sorry you think so lowly of your team.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Falcons34
Practice Squad

Post by Falcons34 »

dead_poet wrote: Good, hard-fought game.

The Falcons may not represent the NFC but don't count us out.

I am only counting them out because their offense is ok. I still think the eagles will represent the NFC.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Neither the Falcons or Vikings are going to the Superbowl. It was a good game tho.
Well, you're half right so at least we can agree on something ;)
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Falcons34 wrote:
I am only counting them out because their offense is ok. I still think the eagles will represent the NFC.
With only (as of this posting) 1 loss they are the "safe" pick to say that. I'm not so sure, however. If they secure the #1 seed then it would be tough to beat them in Philly, but if the Vikings manage to secure the #1 seed, I wouldn't count us out. Just out of curiosity, why would you rule a team out that has beaten nearly all the "top teams" except Philly? It's not our fault we don't get to play them until the post season. I get that losses are disappointing, but you're still (albeit backhandedly) not giving our defense its due. An effective pass rush will cause QBs (even good and great ones) to hurry their throws and make them inaccurate.
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Falcons34
Practice Squad

Post by Falcons34 »

With only (as of this posting) 1 loss they are the "safe" pick to say that. I'm not so sure, however. If they secure the #1 seed then it would be tough to beat them in Philly, but if the Vikings manage to secure the #1 seed, I wouldn't count us out. Just out of curiosity, why would you rule a team out that has beaten nearly all the "top teams" except Philly? It's not our fault we don't get to play them until the post season. I get that losses are disappointing, but you're still (albeit backhandedly) not giving our defense its due. An effective pass rush will cause QBs (even good and great ones) to hurry their throws and make them inaccurate.[/quote][/quote]
The Vikings D is great but the eagles have the more complete team
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Like every fan of every other team, you underestimate this Vikings team.

That's fine. Keep on with your predictions. Seeing as how you were wrong about, well, pretty much everything this entire week, I'm feeling pretty good about the Minnesota Vikings' chances to host the Super Bowl.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Falcons34 wrote: The Vikings D is great but the eagles have the more complete team
I have a feeling we'll be able to see for ourselves (at some point in the future) if that is true. I don't think it's wise to count any team out at this point. (Even your Falcons).
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Ryan missed a couple of short passes, but both Thielen and Diggs caught long balls but just missed getting their feet in bounds. Those would have been game changers and I think we would have had better control of the game from earlier on.

Given the fact that we took a knee in the red zone with just under 2 minutes left, the score really could have easily been 21-9.

I thought Atlanta would give us a harder test on the road, but we looked even better than I'd anticipated. I can't wait to see what else this team can do and I love that everyone underestimates us over and over.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Falcons34 wrote:The Vikings D is great but the eagles have the more complete team
This "more compete team" just lost to the Seahawks. While that doesn't mean the Vikings will be the NFC representative to the Super Bowl, can we all take a breath before we anoint the Eagles as the de facto champs?
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Falcons34 wrote:
:confused:

The Viking offense was ranked 5th in the league coming into the game against the Falcons. They out-gained the Falcons and out-possessed them by around 10 minutes today on the road, which, considering the hype around the Falcons recent win streak heading into this game, is not a trivial thing. Case Keenum gashed the Falcon secondary on 18-out-of-18 passing between the hashes or something like that, which IIRC, is a league record.

If that represents an "ok" offense in your view, I'll take it.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Gashed is a bit strong for the 3-8 yard passes Case did for the most part in the second half :) . But its what was working, and Shurmur stuck with it. And why not. I would like to see them open it up more occasionally (and not by gimmick plays) but I can see why they stay so conservative. I think they may open it up a bit more now Murray is really coming on strong.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Man your stadium was half full, is that normal ?

I like a lot of your players to be honest.

I think your coach needs to do a better job
game planning imo. Norv Turner was a legend
in the NFL but our offense is far better with
Shurmer (sp)

Our pass rush wasn’t great today and
we missed a lot of tackles in the game.
Imo the falcons are maybe the best team
we played this year in the NFC. I think
you guys could beat the Eagles in the
right setting. The Eagles have played a
very easy schedule and their division this
year has been terrible. The Giants suck
without all their wideouts, Dallas is very
Inconsistent without the running back.
Redskins have not played good on a
consistent basis since they got that moron
owner Synder.

People forget we have had a monster
defense for three years. Any real offense
and we are a threat. To be honest you have
have things go your way too. Rodgers getting
hurt killed the Pack. We had a decent schedule
and have had several years to build a solid
core.

This is probably the third team I have seen
since 92 to have a real shot at a Ring.
1998 and 2009 would be the other two teams.

I honestly hope we finally win it all. Losing
over and over again with high hopes is
heart breaking, to say the least. I don’t know
how Vikings fans from the Super Bowl years
have hung on this long. I have thought of
walking away from football a few times,
but it’s like a abusive relationship I think
will change ... maybe it will...

Like the little kid in the Angels in the
outfield movie.

It could happen!
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!