2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

PacificNorseWest wrote:Not always about the sack. Barr has been ballin' this year and has came up huge on many drives. Lemme know when Kendricks stops missing tackles though...

Normally I would agree with Kendricks being the best, but Barr has elevated his game and Kendricks keeps missing tackles. Good problem to have I suppose.
kendricks has missed a few. Lets me know when Barr starts hitting the QB. Like he did years ago. His blitzing attack certainly has elevated, its deflated.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: kendricks has missed a few. Lets me know when Barr starts hitting the QB. Like he did years ago. His blitzing attack certainly has elevated, its deflated.
Peep the edit to my previous post. He ended the season for Rodgers on one hit... :D
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: kendricks has missed a few. Lets me know when Barr starts hitting the QB. Like he did years ago. His blitzing attack certainly has elevated, its deflated.
I think Kendricks will be very important for the Vikings to be successful vs ATL. Seems like ATL covers sideline to sideline with their running plays. Gonna need Kendrick's (and Barr's) closing speed.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Surprising stat. Vikings have only 3 sacks not made by the DL (Kendricks, Barr, and Smith all with one each).
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

808vikingsfan wrote:Surprising stat. Vikings have only 3 sacks not made by the DL (Kendricks, Barr, and Smith all with one each).
They aren't blitzing much. I wish they would more, especially when they are winning. Go for the jugular type thing.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

PurpleMustReign wrote:They aren't blitzing much
This. The LBs aren't getting sacks because our front four is awesome and doesn't need help getting pressure on the QB. This frees them up to do other things, I think.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PacificNorseWest wrote:Not always about the sack. Barr has been ballin' this year and has came up huge on many drives. Lemme know when Kendricks stops missing tackles though...

Normally I would agree with Kendricks being the best, but Barr has elevated his game and Kendricks keeps missing tackles. Good problem to have I suppose.

Edit: I should've let with Barr hitting Rodgers which single-handedly ruined GB's season and made Minnesota the easy favorites for the North...dangit.
If I had to pick one of those LBs for my team I pick Kendricks any day of the week. The one Detroit game we lost he got a bad rep because he missed a couple of tackles. Outside of that, I dont see it as a consistent problem. That kid is all over the field and rarely makes mistakes. He leads the team in tackles by a country mile. Barr isnt far from him but Kendricks is overall a better LB IMO. I'm just glad both are on my team :D
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Kendricks is the anchor, for sure. His missed tackles go back past the Detroit game though. It's frustrating.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

12/1

Kendricks practicing again. I imagine he plays. Remmers out. I suspect he's out for the fourth straight game.

For the Falcons, I saw Trufant was ruled out, which is big. I think he's one of the top corners in the league when he's healthy. Good news for Diggs/AT.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Remmers out again? Man I hope not another made of glass FA. Out Oline is clicking. Remmers was part of that, but hasnt played for a month now for 2 different reasons?
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Remmers out again? Man I hope not another made of glass FA. Out Oline is clicking. Remmers was part of that, but hasnt played for a month now for 2 different reasons?
Sadly he was very durable prior to coming here as DP points out above.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

dead_poet wrote:12/1

Kendricks practicing again. I imagine he plays. Remmers out. I suspect he's out for the fourth straight game.

For the Falcons, I saw Trufant was ruled out, which is big. I think he's one of the top corners in the league when he's healthy. Good news for Diggs/AT.
Who is Kendrick's backup DP?
Lucky for us Hill has been playing good. Which really helps.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

halfgiz wrote: Who is Kendrick's backup DP?
yeah Hill has been good. May have the starting job now, when the Oline is in sync, I would have a hard time of breaking that. They didnt let Teddy play when he was healthy, maybe they do care more about not fixing something that isnt broke.

I havent a clue who is even healthy to play LB at this point. Lamur? Brothers? I hope if Kendricks misses the game, which no one will know till the game starts, Barr has the best game of his life.

Its nice Trufant is out. I bet he was going to be on AT.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

halfgiz wrote: Who is Kendrick's backup DP?
Brothers is listed as his backup but Wilson or Gedeon could move. Zimmer expects Kendricks to play so hopefully it's a moot point.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

In other words kendricks will not play.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018