Enemy Fan Forums - Atlanta Falcons

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Enemy Fan Forums - Atlanta Falcons

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Falcons34 wrote: I am sure he is but so is Jones but saying because he had 2 games that he held him down to how this game on Sunday is going to go is bogus. That's the stupidest thing to say well this happened last time so it means something for this game. All it means is he shut him down in the past. Both teams are different from those 2 games with the exception of players that were on each roster and that are still with their respective teams....
Stupidest? Really? What if Jones torched Rhodes for 300yds the last two times they faced each other? Wouldn't it seem Rhodes is over matched by Jones and Zimmer should give Rhodes some help?

It would be pretty stupid to ignore the past IMO.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Who is reffing this game and do they have a propensity to throw PI flags?
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

PacificNorseWest wrote:Who is reffing this game and do they have a propensity to throw PI flags?
Brad Allen

I don't know anything abot him or his crew, but I found this link.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Falcons34 wrote:I am sure he is but so is Jones but saying because he had 2 games that he held him down to how this game on Sunday is going to go is bogus. That's the stupidest thing to say ...
OK, seriously dude, you come on to an opponent's fan board and call people STUPID?

I gave you a very thorough rundown of Rhodes vs. Jones in one of the first replies to your post in the other thread and explained why we think Rhodes will play Jones as tough as anybody can. Allow me to repeat those reasons. Rhodes is big, he's fast, he's agile, and he's tough as nails. He's also a master technician who can jam receivers or thrive in zone. To top it off, he has a long and well-documented history of shutting down No. 1's, especially big receivers.

Nobody is saying Rhodes is going to render Jones useless. But there are plenty of reasons to believe that Rhodes can hold Jones to a level of production that allows the Vikings to win. One of those reasons happens to be that the Vikings can pressure Ryan while rushing four. Another is that Rhodes has done it twice before.

There's nothing stupid about any of that.
Last edited by J. Kapp 11 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

DK Sweets wrote:Brad Allen

I don't know anything abot him or his crew, but I found this link.
Brad Allen is ok. I've never had much of a problem with his games. Morelli and whatever #### we just had are the ones who piss me off.
I really like Walt Anderson and his crew. They seem to call a good, fair game every time.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Falcons34
Practice Squad

Post by Falcons34 »

It would be pretty stupid to ignore the past IMO.[/quote][/quote]

I don't think its stupid at all to ignore the past sometimes, but maybe that is just me
Falcons34
Practice Squad

Post by Falcons34 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: OK, seriously dude, you come on to an opponent's fan board and call people STUPID?

I gave you a very thorough rundown of Rhodes vs. Jones in one of the first replies to your post in the other thread and explained why we think Rhodes will play Jones as tough as anybody can. Allow me to repeat those reasons. Rhodes is big, he's fast, he's agile, and he's tough as nails. He's also a master technician who can jam receivers or thrive in zone. To top it off, he has a long and well-documented history of shutting down No. 1's, especially big receivers.

Nobody is saying Rhodes is going to render Jones useless. But there are plenty of reasons to believe that Rhodes can hold Jones to a level of production that allows the Vikings to win. One of those reasons happens to be that the Vikings can pressure Ryan while rushing four. Another is that Rhodes has done it twice before.

There's nothing stupid about any of that.

remind me again who I called stupid , I was just saying basically that thinking of what Rhodes did in the past against Jones and saying that it probably will happen again is stupid but thanks for thinking that I called a person stupid. Anyways it may happen again but it may not so.....
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

Falcons34 wrote: remind me again who I called stupid , I was just saying basically that thinking of what Rhodes did in the past against Jones and saying that it probably will happen again is stupid but thanks for thinking that I called a person stupid. Anyways it may happen again but it may not so.....
This argument is stupid! ;-) I don't remember who started what, and why dwell on it now guys.

I just rewatched the last two Falcons-Vikings games on NFL gamepass. Julio was good, but not dominant. It felt a lot like Roddy White was the guy who hurt us worse, but that was mostly from Rhodes' coverage of Julio. If they target Julio when he's covered, he'll probably get a few catches and Rhodes will get a few pass breakups.

So F34 - my thought is that Julio could get a line something like 8 catches for 100 yards if they really force him the ball (say 16 targets), with maybe a PI call to add into it. If Matt Ryan goes away looking for receivers who are more open, his numbers could go down to 4 catches for 60 yards. You may think that is an insulting number, but it correlates to a season of 64 catches and a thousand yards. And that's what should happen when a fabulous receiver meets a fabulous defense - his numbers will probably drop down to a level that is "pretty good".
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Falcons34 wrote: I don't think its stupid at all to ignore the past sometimes, but maybe that is just me
"Just Me" doesn't think it's wise at all, to ignore the past. :wink:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Just Me wrote: "Just Me" doesn't think it's wise at all, to ignore the past. :wink:
:lol:

Well played.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Brad Allen is ok. I've never had much of a problem with his games. Morelli and whatever #### we just had are the ones who piss me off.
I really like Walt Anderson and his crew. They seem to call a good, fair game every time.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I started sorta tracking refs a few weeks ago and began a spreadsheet with the specific penalties each head ref and their crew call for each game to kinda gauge things. I didn't get far but would like to finish it at some point if I find time...

Anyway, I was curious because I noticed before the Vikings had Vinovich as a ref that he didn't call many PI's and he let the players play. It remained consistent when he reffed the Vikes game. Because of their style of play on defense, I would hope to see him again.

Tony Corrente from last week vs. Detroit was the opposite and upon research, he has had some brutally bad calls this season. We need to stay away from that guy.

All in all it seems each crew tend to call games their own way and by call, I mean allow certain things to happen that other refs won't (hand play, contact, etc.) or vice versa and then there are crews that aren't consistent between the two teams and penalties they call, while others that will call the hand play and contact more frequently, will do it consistently for either side if they see it.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Falcons34 wrote:
remind me again who I called stupid , I was just saying basically that thinking of what Rhodes did in the past against Jones and saying that it probably will happen again is stupid but thanks for thinking that I called a person stupid. Anyways it may happen again but it may not so.....
No, you said his comment was stupid, which is basically the same thing.

You come on here, all "hey let's talk about the game guys," and you ask about the game from our perspective. So (like an idiot, apparently) I took the bait, spending a decent amount of time outlining this matchup from the Vikings perspective, offering plenty of facts and balanced commentary. Yet every response you've given has been that we're all wrong about everything we say. You give no facts. No quotes. No insight. Just your unsubstantiated opinion. I mean, if you already know everything, why ask us? To troll, perhaps?

Bottom line: If you can't offer anything except insults, maybe you ought to just go on back to your Falcon board and leave the intelligent conversation to the grownups.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
cstelter
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by cstelter »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: No, you said his comment was stupid, which is basically the same thing.
Stupid is as stupid does -- Forrest Gump

If one believes this this adage is wise (I tend to), then by calling one's statement stupid, you are in essence calling the commenter stupid for having stated it, for stupid is as stupid does.

If you argue that you are free to judge the stupidity of a statement without casting any judgment on the author of the statement, then you must hold that the person stating the opinion is simply misinformed, or reached a fallacious statement in error. Yet if one were to have had that thought in mind, then one would have used words like "I simply can't understand you could reach that conclusion", or "I'm afraid you're sadly mistaken". Choosing to use the wording "That's the stupidest thing to say" (online definition of adjective usage of stupid here) indicates you thought the comment was "having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense".

If one acts in a stupid manner on an opposing team's board, well...
Craig S
Falcons34
Practice Squad

Post by Falcons34 »

There's nothing stupid about any of that.[/quote]

remind me again who I called stupid , I was just saying basically that thinking of what Rhodes did in the past against Jones and saying that it probably will happen again is stupid but thanks for thinking that I called a person stupid. Anyways it may happen again but it may not so.....[/quote]

You come on here, all "hey let's talk about the game guys," and you ask about the game from our perspective. So (like an idiot, apparently) I took the bait, spending a decent amount of time outlining this matchup from the Vikings perspective, offering plenty of facts and balanced commentary. Yet every response you've given has been that we're all wrong about everything we say. You give no facts. No quotes. No insight. Just your unsubstantiated opinion. I mean, if you already know everything, why ask us? To troll, perhaps?

Bottom line: If you can't offer anything except insults, maybe you ought to just go on back to your Falcon board and leave the intelligent conversation to the grownups.[/quote]
It's not the same thing also you might want to read my posts again...I did not say everybody was wrong....maybe you are just seeing what you want to see
Falcons34
Practice Squad

Post by Falcons34 »

remind me again who I called stupid...[/quote]

[/quote]

Stupid is as stupid does -- Forrest Gump

If one believes this this adage is wise (I tend to), then by calling one's statement stupid, you are in essence calling the commenter stupid for having stated it, for stupid is as stupid does.

If you argue that you are free to judge the stupidity of a statement without casting any judgment on the author of the statement, then you must hold that the person stating the opinion is simply misinformed, or reached a fallacious statement in error. Yet if one were to have had that thought in mind, then one would have used words like "I simply can't understand you could reach that conclusion", or "I'm afraid you're sadly mistaken". Choosing to use the wording "That's the stupidest thing to say" (online definition of adjective usage of stupid here) indicates you thought the comment was "having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense".

If one acts in a stupid manner on an opposing team's board, well...[/quote] whatever you want to say or think is on you lol