Enemy Fan Forums - Atlanta Falcons

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: Enemy Fan Forums - Atlanta Falcons

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote::lol: :lol: Man some of those fans really dont have a clue. One said "half of our defense would start for them"??? More like next to nobody on that defense would start for us. Same guy also said they are "infinitely more talented". Also false.

And where did they see a 41.8 grade on Eric Kendricks??? There is no possible way that is true. I would imagine he is one of the top MLBs in the league according to PFF.

I said before and I'll say it again, this team doesnt worry me too much. Their offense isnt what it use to be. I think Zim will stump that bum Sarcesian. I say 28-13 Vikes.
I wonder if they realize that Xavier Rhodes has played against Julio Jones twice, and has shut him down both times. Total of 4 catches for 45 yards in those two games when going against Rhodes ... and that was before Xavier was Rhodes Closed.

Not saying Rhodes will dominate or anything. Jones is red-hot right now. But I can say this ... that silly statement that they pray Rhodes is one-on-one against Jones (an obviously uneducated fan because Xavier guards EVERY team's best receiver) ... be careful what you pray for, Falcons fans.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Falcons34
Practice Squad

Post by Falcons34 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote::lol: :lol: Man some of those fans really dont have a clue. One said "half of our defense would start for them"??? More like next to nobody on that defense would start for us. Same guy also said they are "infinitely more talented". Also false.

And where did they see a 41.8 grade on Eric Kendricks??? There is no possible way that is true. I would imagine he is one of the top MLBs in the league according to PFF.

I said before and I'll say it again, this team doesnt worry me too much. Their offense isnt what it use to be. I think Zim will stump that bum Sarcesian. I say 28-13 Vikes.
haha I think Zimm might think different about some of the falcons defensive stars but its ok, the Vikings have a good D also and I think the key is which defense can get to the qb more. None of the qbs are real mobile guys so it will be intersesting.
Falcons34
Practice Squad

Post by Falcons34 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: I wonder if they realize that Xavier Rhodes has played against Julio Jones twice, and has shut him down both times. Total of 4 catches for 45 yards in those two games when going against Rhodes ... and that was before Xavier was Rhodes Closed.

Not saying Rhodes will dominate or anything. Jones is red-hot right now. But I can say this ... that silly statement that they pray Rhodes is one-on-one against Jones (an obviously uneducated fan because Xavier guards EVERY team's best receiver) ... be careful what you pray for, Falcons fans.
Rhoades is a great cornerback but because he held Julio in past games does not mean much to a current game coming up. I think it will be a good matchup and now we get to see it on Sunday.
Falcons34
Practice Squad

Post by Falcons34 »

Dmizzle0 wrote:After reading these I don't feel like being a humble Vikings fan this week.
haha every board has fans who are like this even Vikings fans. Trust me I know since I grew up in Minnesota. Fans do not play the game but talk trash like it means something, I just look at it as many fans who just get to wrapped up in something they cannot control lol
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Falcons34 wrote: haha every board has fans who are like this even Vikings fans. Trust me I know since I grew up in Minnesota. Fans do not play the game but talk trash like it means something, I just look at it as many fans who just get to wrapped up in something they cannot control lol
The Homer fans irritate me more than anything. I have a bunch of Facebook friends that post things like this is our year, it's our time, and talking smack about the rest of the NFL. How quickly they forget 1998, 2000, 2003, 2009... Etc...

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Falcons34 wrote: haha I think Zimm might think different about some of the falcons defensive stars but its ok, the Vikings have a good D also and I think the key is which defense can get to the qb more. None of the qbs are real mobile guys so it will be intersesting.
Case Keenum is actually quite mobile and does a great job of both avoiding sacks and running for first downs because of that mobility. But hey, just like Rhodes covering Julio Jones, that was in the past (like, last week) so it has no bearing on this game.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Falcons34 wrote: It will be a good game but I would not expect a beat down from either defense. True that Kyle might be missed a little but the falcons still have the same record at this point as they had last year so the shannahan thing may be a moot point. The offense is at their best when Matt is calling the plays anyway.
My fear going into this game is that the new OC is finally getting his bearings. This is his first coaching job in the NFL, isn't it? Perhaps he's finally adjusting to the game like a rookie player might as the season goes on.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Falcons34 wrote:Rhoades is a great cornerback but because he held Julio in past games does not mean much to a current game coming up. I think it will be a good matchup and now we get to see it on Sunday.
Why would you think it doesn't mean much? It is recent history and seems pretty meaningful to me. The biggest difference is probably that Rhodes is a much better player than he was when they met before.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Falcons34 wrote: Rhoades is a great cornerback but because he held Julio in past games does not mean much to a current game coming up. I think it will be a good matchup and now we get to see it on Sunday.
So if cornerback is good enough to shut down perhaps the best receiver in the game -- twice -- out of two matchups -- that has no bearing on anything?

OK cool.

I'm learning. Please bear with me. :roll:
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

DK Sweets wrote:If you click the link at the top (the first one that mentions PFF grades) you'll see the breakdowns.
So its our base defense vs. 2 TE sets?? All I know is overall, Kendricks is much better than 41.8. Gedeon is up in the 70's so that tells you how much that statistic they are looking at is worth. Kendricks is a pro bowl LB IMO
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

When it comes to PFF I think there was a running joke on here earlier in the season where PFF had Trae Waynes graded as a better CB than Xavier Rhodes.

I'm really not sure how their credibility comes back from that. It reminds of when JordysGhost was on here saying Daniels was as good or better than the Vikings DL.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

mansquatch wrote:When it comes to PFF I think there was a running joke on here earlier in the season where PFF had Trae Waynes graded as a better CB than Xavier Rhodes.

I'm really not sure how their credibility comes back from that. It reminds of when JordysGhost was on here saying Daniels was as good or better than the Vikings DL.
I think it was that Waynes was better than Rhodes against the run, wasn't it?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Cliff wrote: I think it was that Waynes was better than Rhodes against the run, wasn't it?
I think it was overall. I remember Rhodes was the worst DB on the tsam.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Falcons34
Practice Squad

Post by Falcons34 »

Cliff wrote: Why would you think it doesn't mean much? It is recent history and seems pretty meaningful to me. The biggest difference is probably that Rhodes is a much better player than he was when they met before.
I am sure he is but so is Jones but saying because he had 2 games that he held him down to how this game on Sunday is going to go is bogus. That's the stupidest thing to say well this happened last time so it means something for this game. All it means is he shut him down in the past. Both teams are different from those 2 games with the exception of players that were on each roster and that are still with their respective teams....
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Falcons34 wrote: I am sure he is but so is Jones but saying because he had 2 games that he held him down to how this game on Sunday is going to go is bogus. That's the stupidest thing to say well this happened last time so it means something for this game. All it means is he shut him down in the past. Both teams are different from those 2 games with the exception of players that were on each roster and that are still with their respective teams....
I don't think anybody is saying that because Rhodes held him down in the past that he *definitely* will this time. Just that it's certainly realistic to think he can and that's reinforced by the fact that he has been able to hold him down in their last 2 meetings. 2015 to me was particularly impressive as Jones had nearly 1,900 yards that season and was nearly unstoppable against everyone else.

I don't think history is a perfect predictor of the future but it can be useful.