Made in Minnesota - Adam Thielen

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Made in Minnesota - Adam Thielen

Post by PurpleMustReign »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Why?

We've scored 125 points and averaged 410 yards over the past four games. What difference does it make who's getting the touches?

Want to know why Adam Thielen is getting the ball? Watch the video below. Then come talk to me when Treadwell and Floyd are doing what he's doing.

I think he meant he was hoping to have seen more from them, but since Thielen And Diggs have been so good there isn't any opportunity for Treadwell and Floyd.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Why?

We've scored 125 points and averaged 410 yards over the past four games. What difference does it make who's getting the touches?

Want to know why Adam Thielen is getting the ball? Watch the video below. Then come talk to me when Treadwell and Floyd are doing what he's doing.

I know Case is ballin' right now. But watching this video, I can't help but think if he was more accurate (ball placement), the Vikings would have a bunch more explosive plays. I counted 3 passes (just on this video) where better ball placement would have led to a much bigger gain or TD. Even the narrator hinted Thielen constantly had to adjust to inaccurate balls. This is just passes to Adam. If we could combine Keenum and Bradford, the Vikings would be almost unstoppable. Love Keenum's decision making though.

Is it just me?

By the way, Adam is really good.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I do agree on ball placement. But I look at it this way too... We finally have a QB who isn't afraid of letting his WRs make a play. He throws the ball down field. 3rd and 12? Throw the ball 14 yards to Diggs. 3rd and 16? Throw the ball 17 yards to Wright or Thielen. Let them. Make a play.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I do agree on ball placement. But I look at it this way too... We finally have a QB who isn't afraid of letting his WRs make a play. He throws the ball down field. 3rd and 12? Throw the ball 14 yards to Diggs. 3rd and 16? Throw the ball 17 yards to Wright or Thielen. Let them. Make a play.

Agree. I think Keenum is a good balance between quick decision making, good feel of the pass rush, and has trust in his receivers to make a play.
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

808vikingsfan wrote:
Agree. I think Keenum is a good balance between quick decision making, good feel of the pass rush, and has trust in his receivers to make a play.

... with just enough athleticism on his own, when needed.

Pretty nice combo platter.
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

808vikingsfan wrote: I know Case is ballin' right now. But watching this video, I can't help but think if he was more accurate (ball placement), the Vikings would have a bunch more explosive plays. I counted 3 passes (just on this video) where better ball placement would have led to a much bigger gain or TD. Even the narrator hinted Thielen constantly had to adjust to inaccurate balls. This is just passes to Adam. If we could combine Keenum and Bradford, the Vikings would be almost unstoppable. Love Keenum's decision making though.

Is it just me?

By the way, Adam is really good.
You know, I agree with you. Ball placement has been the criticism of Keenum in the past, and even this season, it's something he's needed to improve upon.

But I believe he HAS improved on that. Look at some of the throws he's made the past few games.

Case Keenum seems to be the rare guy who recognizes his weaknesses, understands what he'll never be able to do (like throw a 40-yard rope like Favre could do), but also understands the things he CAN improve on and works his butt off to do it.

His ball placement still isn't Kurt Warner, but it's better than it was at the beginning of this season.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

From The Cheap Seats‏ @KevinMcMahonNFL

Vikings WR Adam Thielen‘s 2018 base salary will increase from $2.85M to $3.35M now that he reached the 70-catch threshold this season.
Thielen can make another $250,000 at 80 catches and 90 catches, which would push his salary up to $3.85M for the 2017 season per NFLTR report
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

808vikingsfan wrote:From The Cheap Seats‏ @KevinMcMahonNFL

Vikings WR Adam Thielen‘s 2018 base salary will increase from $2.85M to $3.35M now that he reached the 70-catch threshold this season.
Thielen can make another $250,000 at 80 catches and 90 catches, which would push his salary up to $3.85M for the 2017 season per NFLTR report
He is underpaid, good job, I guess, Rick.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

http://mag.bleacherreport.com/welcome-t ... xperience/
TWO MINNESOTA VIKINGS wide receivers are all that’s left on the field after a midweek practice. Adam Thielen catches slow-motion floaters over his shoulder from a coach standing, oh, seven yards away. The exercise is dull enough to put you to sleep.

That other guy, though? Laquon Treadwell is putting on a show. Along the sideline, the former first-round receiver plucks fastball after fastball…with one hand. Seriously, each pass looks like it’ll drill you between the eyes and knock you into next week. Yet Treadwell practically leaps off a trampoline to snare each one. After one acrobatic grab, he spins the ball and yells to no one in particular, “Put that on SportsCenter!”

There’s the overlooked and the underdog, the forgotten hero and the comeback kid...and then there is Adam Thielen, the most unlikely breakout star in the NFL.
So during those early, high-stakes days with the Vikings, he never panicked. When the Vikings and Bengals held joint practices in August 2016 and Pacman Jones and Dre Kirkpatrick refused to line up against Thielen in one-on-ones, he simply stored the slight in his memory. They wanted to face “dawgs,” not this chump.

“They wanted,” says Thielen, making quote marks in the air, “a ‘challenge.’ That’s the kind of stuff that still motivates me. Pushes me. I’m sure there’s guys out there thinking, ‘This guy’s not that good.’ So I use that to keep getting better and keep pushing myself.”
So as Thielen walks back into the Piss Test room, perches his iPad horizontally onto a stand and punches in his passcode, he doesn’t dial up any of his own plays. It’s all Rams, all week.

Thielen has already watched three games in full and is about to view a fourth. Right here is where he outwits defenses. Thielen doesn’t skim through the “cut-ups” available to players—third downs, red zone, etc. He chooses instead to watch full games, to obsess over every cornerback through the course of normal game flow. Are they pressing? Playing off? How does a receiver run a route against certain coverages?

“And then,” Thielen says, “I’ll visually put myself in that position: How am I going to run that route if I get that certain coverage?”

It’s all absorbed, all cataloged. Today, he’s glued to Rams-Cowboys.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Great article. I hope all the hard work and extra effort pays off for Treadwell too.
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Bleacher Report Expose on Thielen

Post by 720pete »

Thought you guys would find this a good read.

http://mag.bleacherreport.com/welcome-t ... =editorial
Cliff
Site Admin

Re: Bleacher Report Expose on Thielen

Post by Cliff »

720pete wrote:Thought you guys would find this a good read.

http://mag.bleacherreport.com/welcome-t ... =editorial
I merged this thread. This was already posted here.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Minnesota Vikings WR Adam Thielen sits down with former Vikings superstar Randy Moss to discuss his unorthodox journey to the NFL and how he landed on his hometown team.

Adam Thielen’s unorthodox journey to the NFL | NFL Countdown | ESPN