Week 12 Reaction Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Week 12 Reaction Thread

Post by PurpleMustReign »

720pete wrote:Joe Buck has hated the Viking since 1998 when Randy Moss fake mooned Lambeau Field in a TD celebration.

In any case I feel like we should be celebrating a hard fought victory but I am left feeling angry with the refs and the crappy announcers who pretend like the Vikings are a subpar team.
The mooning was in 2005 or something.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Thought I'd share a few funny comments I've found in other forums.

On Keenum's taunting penalty
We need players like this out of the league, they're just tarnishing the game!
Case 'Vontaze Burfict' Keenum.
Sick of these thugs! Done with the NFL
This is like getting pulled over for going 2 MPH over the speed limit.
.....While the car next to you is going 10 over.
There are children watching this game, CHILDREN.

On this Diggs interview about the officiating:
Blink twice if you're being tortured.
So passive-aggressive he could be my aunt.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Yikes - that game was extremely frustrating to watch. I haven't been that emotionally invested in a game in a long, long time.

I hate to make excuses, but goodness were those refs hot garbage.

One thing that is being overlooked that I questioned immensely when it happened: Can we talk about the strip sack that was seemingly ignored by the refs, JOY Buck, and pretty much everyone else? Why was that play not reviewed? I thought we forced it and had a clear recovery. I know we had just challenged the play before, but I do not believe the rules prevent us from challenging a second time? We still had one challenge.

Glad we are 9-2. I am thinking this team finishes 13-3. We definitely have the talent to go 14-2.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

What a game boys. 9-2!!!!

Case played great again.
Thielen, Diggs and Rudy all with big games
Elflein is a true stud at center
It sure is nice not seeing Kalil or Clemmings getting burnt by Ansah

DL was excellent
LBs were solid
Outside of the one big play Waynes gave up that wasnt a catch, I thought he played well.
Not sure what was going on with Rhodes but he did not play well.
Hopefully the special teams problem is fixed by next week.

Overall, excellent win vs a team we always tend to struggle with. Two tough road games coming up but neither team impresses me to be honest.

We whooped Carolina last year at their place. Griffen can feast on Kalil. Newton doesnt impress me and they traded Benjamin.

As for Atlanta, their offense isn't the same since Shanahan left.

Honestly, I was more worried about Detroit than I was Atlanta or Carolina.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

Good points PHP, not worried about ATL defense, but the Offense is starting to roll and they should have beat Seattle worse than the score was. Julio has had a down year ,but as talented as he is he could break out anytime.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Great win.

What most stood to me and what I enjoyed the most was their opening drive to start the 2nd half. What was it, 4 runs on 4 plays, 75 yards and a touchdown. Right then there I said, "that was a boss drive. The kind you see from Champions."
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

PacificNorseWest wrote:Great win.

What most stood to me and what I enjoyed the most was their opening drive to start the 2nd half. What was it, 4 runs on 4 plays, 75 yards and a touchdown. Right then there I said, "that was a boss drive. The kind you see from Champions."
That was outstanding, wasn't it? Four truly great running plays, and both backs running like they were possessed. Murray for 46. Then two really tough runs by Jet for 27 more. Then Murray dragging defenders into the end zone for the TD. And the O-line ... talk about road-grading.

This team can win it all. I believe that completely.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I like how you say the RBs looked possessed. That was an amazing drive. Probably the most cold blooded drive the Vikings have had since... Well idk. It was a thing of beauty.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Last edited by PurpleMustReign on Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

I like an ugly win! Idc what transpired during the game, what mistakes were made, it was one for the win column. DILLY DILLY!
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I honestly can't get over how athletic he is. IMO, he's a pro bowl center right now no doubt about it. He rarely makes mistakes, rarely gets penalties, can run and pass block at a very high level and is deadly on screens. Another one was the screen to Diggs. He was running toe to toe with Diggs for a while
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Knoxx
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Knoxx »

I didn't see what Case did to draw a taunting penalty. I saw the sack and went back to serving food looked up see the call and actually roared "WTF" I didn't abbreviate though. The guy was sacked and all I saw was Detriot celebrating. When does the stress counseling start.

I was happy to see us overcome the penalties. Normally we would just roll over and give up. Living in Wisconsin I don't see many Viking games but Case does seem very hard to rattle and that is what we need at quarterback. A guy who will be patient and wait for the other team to make a mistake.

We got very lucky with that Detroit receiver that tried to get more yards rather than just falling backwards for a easy first down.

I really thought we were getting the "Kiss of Death" when all the analysts choose the Vikings to win in the pre-game show. 40+ years as a Viking fan I just keep waiting for the implosion and thought I was seeing it in the second half but they rallied held and did what they needed to do to earn the win.

Skol Vikes.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Knoxx wrote:I didn't see what Case did to draw a taunting penalty. I saw the sack and went back to serving food looked up see the call and actually roared "WTF" I didn't abbreviate though. The guy was sacked and all I saw was Detriot celebrating. When does the stress counseling start.

I was happy to see us overcome the penalties. Normally we would just roll over and give up. Living in Wisconsin I don't see many Viking games but Case does seem very hard to rattle and that is what we need at quarterback. A guy who will be patient and wait for the other team to make a mistake.

We got very lucky with that Detroit receiver that tried to get more yards rather than just falling backwards for a easy first down.

I really thought we were getting the "Kiss of Death" when all the analysts choose the Vikings to win in the pre-game show. 40+ years as a Viking fan I just keep waiting for the implosion and thought I was seeing it in the second half but they rallied held and did what they needed to do to earn the win.

Skol Vikes.

From this angle, while still a weak call, it does look like Keenum tossed the ball in the direction of the defender
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/stat ... 72/video/1

Code: Select all

TAUNTING
(c) The use of baiting or taunting acts or words that engender ill will between teams.
(d) Individual players involved in prolonged or excessive celebrations. Players are prohibited from
engaging in any celebrations while on the ground. A celebration shall be deemed excessive or
prolonged if a player continues to celebrate after a warning from an official.
(e) Two-or-more players engage in prolonged, excessive, premeditated, or choreographed celebrations.
(f) Possession or use of foreign or extraneous object(s) that are not part of the uniform during the game
 on the field or the sideline, or using the ball as a prop

Examples of celebrations to be allowed under the new guidelines:

» Using the football as a prop after a touchdown
» Celebrating on the ground
» Group demonstrations

The relaxed rules aren't a free for all. Offensive demonstrations, celebrations that are prolonged and delay the game, and celebrations directed at an opponent, will still be penalized, the letter said, in order continue "sportsmanship, clean competition, and setting good examples for young athletes."
It's a subjective call and the ref saw it as directed toward the defender. Excessive celebrations is also a subjective call and I thought Detroit's celebration was pretty close too. Did they roll #94 all the way to the sideline?
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

Detroit Lions think they were robbed of a touchdown.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsspo ... unted/amp/

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Thaumaturgist wrote:Detroit Lions think they were robbed of a touchdown.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsspo ... unted/amp/

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
I, too, think we should disregard the rules and give the Lions the win for trying so hard.