Week 12 Reaction Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Week 12 Reaction Thread

Post by 720pete »

Can we go one Vikings game without Joe Buck fawning over the Packers?
Raz
Veteran

Post by Raz »

Nice win. Maybe this team is a little different they can seem to ever come some adversity where as other teams in the past would get down. After 40'years of watching I'm really excited
petev_sj
Veteran

Post by petev_sj »

I think a youtube commentator on the Vikings highlight videos sums up the game best for me.

Vikings 30
referees 23
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

720pete wrote:Can we go one Vikings game without Joe Buck fawning over the Packers?

We are on the same wavelength here. "OOH RODGERS COMES BACK AND THEY HAVE A SHOT" shutup buck you god awful fox employee. Ffs
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

petev_sj wrote:I think a youtube commentator on the Vikings highlight videos sums up the game best for me.

Vikings 30
referees 23
:point: That is hilarious. 9-2 feels pretty good in spite of (or perhaps because we overcame) the officiating.
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

The Vikings are still afterthoughts too. CBS barely talked about them and then it turned into talking about Detroit. Keep it that way.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Vikings normally crumble and lose a game like this. This team has the chance to be special.

9-2. Last time they had a record like this going into december was 1998 I believe.

Some quick thoughts.

Kendricks struggled today.
Griffen was a monster.
Diggs, Thielen, and Rudolph had outstanding games
Keenum. Can't say enough about him. He was carrying this team in the first half. Struggled a bit in the 2nd half but made the plays that were needed to win.
Rhodes struggled today but made up for it on the last play.
Quiggly. ugh. Bad punt, bad hold.
Murray much better than Mckinnon today. Glad we have both right now.

Not going to bring up the officiating. I let it all out in the gameday thread.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Pat Shurmur-Cant say enough about him. He has taken the plays meant for Sam, and made them work for Case. We have a good offense and the play calling has been great.

The Refs-I have never seen the bias I did today with the Vikes. They should be investigated. It was almost laughable how one sided the refs were, and still, the Lions couldnt win, But the refs tried everything they could to help them win. I wonder if Zimmer will bring this up with them during the long week.

The D got it done, but they didnt look that good. A lot of big names didnt have a very good day.

Case is really good, I hope he can keep it up. He certainly isnt showing any signs of slowing down. I think the QB controversy is over. Its Case's job to keep. Maybe Teddys time will come, who knows. But maybe next year they can compete for it. Case is making some big passes, and is on target. Much more then he was at the begging of the year.

ST-it sucks. Forbath is no better then Walsh. He is a head case. We waited way to long to dump Walsh, I hope that doesnt happen with Forbath. I dont like Quigly either.

We are 9-2. I didnt even think we would win 9 games at the start of the year. Things really seem to be clicking.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

I think they were 11-1 in 2009. But it is definitely not a frequent for the Vikings.

Too many years of watching Viking football has me getting very nervous.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

Boon wrote:We are on the same wavelength here. "OOH RODGERS COMES BACK AND THEY HAVE A SHOT" shutup buck you god awful fox employee. Ffs
I had the same thought. If Rodgers is out for three more games, how do you see Hundley getting them any better than 1-2 in those games, and 6-7 by the time Rodgers comes back. Best they could do is 9-7 in that scenario, and it sure looks like it'll take 10 wins to make the playoffs in the NFC. Now, the AFC might have an 8-8 team, but it looks like it will take 9 wins there too.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I think they were 11-1 in 2009. But it is definitely not a frequent for the Vikings.

Too many years of watching Viking football has me getting very nervous.

10-1 in 2009. They lost 3 games in December. Very important for the Vikings to keep the momentum in December, especially with how the Eagles and Saints are doing.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

indianation65 wrote:When a team is up, and the coaching staff decides to "not" go for the throat, it's dangerous.

Conservative football in the second half, and especially in the 4th, can cost you a game.

Luckily it did not happen this time.

Go Vikes...Hey OC, how about going for a couple more touchdowns next time instead of simply running up the middle over and over trying to avoid a loss. I'd much rather go for a resounding win.

...wisdom

I'm with you on this train of thought.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Diggs on the officiating

https://streamable.com/h4ngb
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

808vikingsfan wrote:Diggs on the officiating

https://streamable.com/h4ngb
That's #### awesome.

720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

Joe Buck has hated the Viking since 1998 when Randy Moss fake mooned Lambeau Field in a TD celebration.

In any case I feel like we should be celebrating a hard fought victory but I am left feeling angry with the refs and the crappy announcers who pretend like the Vikings are a subpar team.