New Banner: Thielen!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

New Banner: Thielen!

Post by Texas Vike »

Love the addition! And there's still room to add Harry and (possibly) Case (by the end of the season!).
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: New Banner: Thielen!

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Yeah, I love the Thelien addition, as well as the Sam subtraction, tbh.

I like the idea of Harry up there too, not so sure about Case. Yet. But there should be room for Joseph too, if you decide to putt Harry up. Well I think theres room for Joseph. :)
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

I still see the same banner....????

Or are these just suggestions? That what i thought at first but the way you guys were talking about it, it seemed like it had already happened.
Formerly AADPFan
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Grashopa wrote:I still see the same banner....????
Your browser probably has the image cached. Hold down ctrl and click refresh.
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

Cliff wrote: Your browser probably has the image cached. Hold down ctrl and click refresh.
Thank you, that helped! Strange since this is my work computer and it seems like everything gets wiped every time i log off (history, PWs...) so i am not sure why the cache wouldn't clear as well.
Formerly AADPFan
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I'm glad you guys like it!

Adding more players gets a little complicated because I have to try to account for people who have smaller monitors or have their browser zoomed in. The theme in PHPbb is also a little problematic. I'll see what I can do though.

Taking Bradford down was kind of a no-brainer. Odds are very good he won't see another snap as a Viking.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Cliff wrote:I'm glad you guys like it!

Adding more players gets a little complicated because I have to try to account for people who have smaller monitors or have their browser zoomed in. The theme in PHPbb is also a little problematic. I'll see what I can do though.

Taking Bradford down was kind of a no-brainer. Odds are very good he won't see another snap as a Viking.
1) I like your cockroach

2) For what it's worth, I use a browser that takes up about 40% of my second monitor at work (Think about making an iPad sized screen all the way to the right) so I'm about as compact as anybody will likely ever be using the site. You have the dimensions good right now, but I agree that adding more space to the banners would be slightly problematic for a small sample portion of users. If you got serious about adding more players, you could probably fit another player in if you chose less spacious images of Rhodes and Thielen and it still wouldn't look overly crowded.

It looks nice the way it is, though, so if it were me I'm not sure how much time I would spend tinkering. Thanks for the work you put in, Cliff!
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Only newbs use the black/purple color scheme anyway :twisted:
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

I don't see the banners at all. :(

Nevermind. It was the board settings. You don't see them on the prosilver settings.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Yeah, just on the main theme. The old ones (silver, etc) aren't built for those but I've thought about trying to add them anyway lol