Week 11 Reaction Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Week 11 Reaction Thread

Post by dead_poet »

Awesome stuff, Kapp

I'll echo that Anthony Harris had the play of the game. Runner up was KC to AT. That forced fumble took 7 points off the board and erased momentum completely.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

I like Case, however I cant help but think, with our WRS, our o-line and running yards per game a lot of average QBs would look good starting for us.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

dead_poet wrote:Awesome stuff, Kapp

I'll echo that Anthony Harris had the play of the game. Runner up was KC to AT. That forced fumble took 7 points off the board and erased momentum completely.
Definitely. Let's not forget the complete game Harris played. Not only did he make that incredible play, he led the Vikings in tackles and had a couple of nice pass breakups.

Think Mike Zimmer might be able to coach DBs?

Man, that Thielen TD ... I cannot stop watching it. I think I've replayed it about 25 times now. Case did a great job on that play reading the blitz and getting the ball out to his best player. Just a beautiful thing!
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

allday1991 wrote:I like Case, however I cant help but think, with our WRS, our o-line and running yards per game a lot of average QBs would look good starting for us.
I agree, which is why I would love to see what Teddy could do with it. But you really cant replace Case at this time. If he loses thursday though, who knows. The Detroit game is the must win game this year.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Definitely. Let's not forget the complete game Harris played. Not only did he make that incredible play, he led the Vikings in tackles and had a couple of nice pass breakups.

Think Mike Zimmer might be able to coach DBs?

Man, that Thielen TD ... I cannot stop watching it. I think I've replayed it about 25 times now. Case did a great job on that play reading the blitz and getting the ball out to his best player. Just a beautiful thing!
Absolutely. I've always been a Harris fan. Love his game.

I loved that AT juke for the 30-yarder almost as well. Broke an ankle. Beautiful to watch.

And how about Rick while we're handing out accolades? This is as complete of a roster as I can recall. Studs and depth all over. Best QB depth chart ever (Where's Jim?).
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

dead_poet wrote:Vikings defense held the #1 team in third-down offense to 3-11. 254 total yards.

Time of Possession:

Rams; 22:38 Vikings: 37:22
118 yards in the second half. 11 rushing yards 107 passing yards for the Ram after the half.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:It's a shame JordysGhost isn't here anymore.

During the offseason, I compared Adam Thielen to Jordy Nelson. Same body type, same ability to get open. Thielen is actually faster.

JordysGhost absolutely laughed his butt off at me and ridiculed me for even thinking such a ridiculous thing.

Through 10 games in 2017
Adam Thielen: 62 Rec, 916 yards, 14.8 YPC, leads all NFL WRs in explosive plays.
Jordy Nelson: 35 Rec, 384 yards, 10.9 YPC, leads all NFL WRs in absolutely nothing.

Oh, and what was that final from Lambeau today? Oh yeah, 23-0.

The Defense rests.
Did JordysGhoast get banned?

Packer fans are calling for Callahan to start next week.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Case has been sacked once in 6 games.

I cannot fathom this. In my wildest dreams I could never realistically have predicted an offensive line turnaround this dramatic. I still can't.
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

Vikings are 4-0 this season when I'm at games. Willing to take donations to travel to all other games this season.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Raptorman wrote: Did JordysGhoast get banned?

Packer fans are calling for Callahan to start next week.
Yeah he's been banned for a while.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

dead_poet wrote: Absolutely. I've always been a Harris fan. Love his game.

I loved that AT juke for the 30-yarder almost as well. Broke an ankle. Beautiful to watch.

And how about Rick while we're handing out accolades? This is as complete of a roster as I can recall. Studs and depth all over. Best QB depth chart ever (Where's Jim?).
It's great to see people stepping up.

We're starting our third string QB and our second and third string RBs. Look at GB fall apart from just losing a QB. We lost a QB, about 10 linemen and an OC last year. Said it back then and I'll say it again, no team can survive that. But I think it's great that this team is showing that it can overcome adversity this year. Last years adversity was plain ridiculous.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Anthony Barr jersey is 8-0.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
petev_sj
Veteran

Post by petev_sj »

Best I have felt as Vikings fan since 1998. Better all around team then the '98 team.

Lions vs Bears. C'mon Chicago, YOU HAD 1 JOB, 1 JOB! I mean look at the Ravens!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Anthony Barr jersey is 8-0.

I'm going to be extremely upset with you if you decide not to wear that for any of the remaining games
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I'm going to be extremely upset with you if you decide not to wear that for any of the remaining games
Don't worry. It's plastered to me.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018