WEEK 10: Minnesota Vikings @Washington Redskins Discussion

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: WEEK 10: Minnesota Vikings @Washington Redskins Discuss

Post by dead_poet » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:15 pm

PurpleMustReign wrote:Not a bad replacement. Hopefully Griffen is ok though.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Just posted in another thread he's back at practice and Zimmer expects him to play. We'll be without Remmers (concussion) and Sirles (knee)
0 x
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:20 pm

Griffen is expected to play Sunday.
Tim Yoder of Vikings Update wrote:The Minnesota Vikings continued practice Thursday without DE Everson Griffen participating, but he appears to be getting closer with each passing day and head coach Mike Zimmer said he anticipates Griffen playing Sunday against the Washington Redskins.

“He just loves to play the game. He just loves to play. Yesterday, he was mad he didn’t practice,” Zimmer said on Thursday. “He was grouchy all day yesterday.”
Article.
0 x
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:01 pm

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Griffen is expected to play Sunday.
Article.
Hell be inactive. Whenever Zimmer says he expects someone to play, they sit. Just watch.

0 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬

808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:39 pm

After ruling out five players before last Sunday’s game against the Seattle Seahawks, the Washington Redskins head into Sunday’s Week 10 matchup against the Minnesota Vikings with only defensive linemen Arthur Jones(shoulder dislocation) and Matt Ioannidis (hand) ruled out.

Tackles Trent Williams (knee), Morgan Moses (ankles) and Ty Nsekhe (core muscle), wide receivers Jamison Crowder(hamstring) and Brian Quick(concussion), tight ends Jordan Reed(hamstring) and Niles Paul(concussion), center Spencer Long (knees), guards Shawn Lauvao(stinger) and Brandon Scherff (knee), linebacker Zach Brown (ankle) and safety Montae Nicholson (shoulder) questionable for the game.
#MINvsWAS Injury Report: Spencer Long Questionable
0 x
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014

Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:39 pm

I think the Vikings D line with or without Griffin is going to eat the Skins alive on Sunday. Their O line is so banged up, I will be surprised if we don't have atleast 5 sacks. Getting after Cousins is the best way of making him make mistakes.

If Reed and Crowder are out I think the only player we have to watch out for is Chris Thompson, also the Skins the past few weeks have a non existent running game.

Vikings win 28-9
0 x

dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:56 pm

Norv Zimmer wrote:I think the Vikings D line with or without Griffin is going to eat the Skins alive on Sunday. Their O line is so banged up, I will be surprised if we don't have atleast 5 sacks. Getting after Cousins is the best way of making him make mistakes.

If Reed and Crowder are out I think the only player we have to watch out for is Chris Thompson, also the Skins the past few weeks have a non existent running game.

Vikings win 28-9
Although questionable, I think both Reed and Crowder are active. I think they practiced a bit Thursday and Friday.
0 x
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

Dmizzle0
Transition Player

Post by Dmizzle0 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:05 pm

This is one of those games I think that if we were to lose it's because we shot ourselves in the foot.
0 x

808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:37 pm

Is it Sunday yet?
0 x

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:44 pm

Norv Zimmer wrote:I think the Vikings D line with or without Griffin is going to eat the Skins alive on Sunday. Their O line is so banged up, I will be surprised if we don't have atleast 5 sacks. Getting after Cousins is the best way of making him make mistakes.

Vikings win 28-9
T.J. Clemmings may well be starting again at tackle for the Skins.

Please make it so.
0 x
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:02 am

Cousins scares me. I think he's underrated as a QB. He doesn't make mistakes, and he knows how to lead the team down field when needed.

0 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬

720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:36 am

Main pieces of the Redskins offense seem pretty banged up.
0 x

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:20 pm

PurpleMustReign wrote:Not a bad replacement. Hopefully Griffen is ok though.

Has anybody seen confirmation on that? I only ask because Robison has floated, but has primarily played on the left in his career. Hunter has been the starter this year, but he's a more dynamic rusher and has played both sides.

I can see the rationale between either choice, I just don't know if we've seen anything from the team.
0 x

720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:23 pm

Packers, Bears, and Lions all playing at noon too. Guess we won't be watching any other NFCN action tomorrow.
0 x

808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:42 pm

DK Sweets wrote:Has anybody seen confirmation on that? I only ask because Robison has floated, but has primarily played on the left in his career. Hunter has been the starter this year, but he's a more dynamic rusher and has played both sides.

I can see the rationale between either choice, I just don't know if we've seen anything from the team.
Maybe Weatherly?
0 x

dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:49 pm

808vikingsfan wrote:Maybe Weatherly?
Bowers would be my preference but B-Rob is the most likely choice.
0 x