Offseason: Drew Brees

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Offseason: Drew Brees

Post by YikesVikes »

I've been thinking (day dreaming) about this offseason and the possibility of Brees hitting the market. If we make playoffs but falter and Teddy plays ok. What's the consensus on giving Brees a spin? I ask because many of the fandom are tired of re-thread QBs. If he come at a reasonable price 2 years, 20 per, would anyone oppose?
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Offseason: Drew Brees

Post by 720pete »

Drew Brees has never in his life signed a team friendly contract (I don't blame him for this, If I was him I would be trying to get the maximum amount of money possible for my labor too). And no.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I eneded up loving Favre so I' not going to make a big statement, but he reminds me too much of 2009 to enjoy watching him in Purple in my mind's eye.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

He could be just what the doctor ordered, BUT, there is way too much that is unknown with both Sam Bradford and Teddy Bridgewater RIGHT NOW to have any idea on where we'll be come March.

Too soon for this IMO.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
cmoss84
Veteran

Post by cmoss84 »

YikesVikes wrote:I've been thinking (day dreaming) about this offseason and the possibility of Brees hitting the market. If we make playoffs but falter and Teddy plays ok. What's the consensus on giving Brees a spin? I ask because many of the fandom are tired of re-thread QBs. If he come at a reasonable price 2 years, 20 per, would anyone oppose?
I've been thinking about this as well-I am all in. We have a great defense. We have really good wide receivers. We have a solid RB core (even if Cook isn't 100%). This would be the icing on the cake. I would feel much better with Brees than Bradford/Bridgewater in playoff games...definitely worth the price tag.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

Hell Yes I'd be for it. The guy is a certain hall a famer throwing for damn near 5000 yards a season for like 5-6 years.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

I wouldn't totally be against signing Brees, but I would rather have Cousins.

YOU LIKE THAT?
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I'd love to see Brees in purple.

But man, that guy is so connected to a) Sean Payton, and b) the city of New Orleans.

I honestly can't see him signing anywhere else.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:I'd love to see Brees in purple.

But man, that guy is so connected to a) Sean Payton, and b) the city of New Orleans.

I honestly can't see him signing anywhere else.
Especially with how their season is going so far this year. If NO were suffering another bad season, I think the Vikings could look enticing for a QB like Brees.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Hell no! No Brees... Im still bitter towards the Saints
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Nobody else has said this yet, so: I'd most prefer a healthy Teddy.
mike2mike
Starter

Post by mike2mike »

YikesVikes wrote:I've been thinking (day dreaming) about this offseason and the possibility of Brees hitting the market. If we make playoffs but falter and Teddy plays ok. What's the consensus on giving Brees a spin? I ask because many of the fandom are tired of re-thread QBs. If he come at a reasonable price 2 years, 20 per, would anyone oppose?
He will never hit the open market IMO. Brees would e an awesome signing though obviously.