Sendejo Suspended 1 game.

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Sendejo Suspended 1 game.

Post by mansquatch »

I agree with what Zimmer said on this call. Wallace took like 5 steps before he got tackled. At that point he was a runner, not a defenseless player. Also, as Kapp pointed out, he was in the process of falling when Sandejo hit him. At some point the league really needs to take into account how fast this game is played. It isn't like Sandejo can suddenly stop when he sees Wallace start to fall.

The play was no where near as dirty as the one with Burfect.

Another play in a similar vein was that roughing the passer call that Tom Johnson received either last week or the week before. He fell into the QB's legs and what should have been a successful 3rd down defense turns into 1st and 10 for the offense due to a bogus call. There was a drive for Green Bay earlier in the season where they had 5 3rd down conversions and 3 of them were due to penalty. That is obnoxious.

The rules in the NFL are a mess. Never before have the officials had more say in games than they do in this era with all the weird, almost impossible to officiate rules that the NFL has tried to impose. Hopefully the NFL will figure out this mess this offseason. They let the Concussion thing get way out of hand as well as the passing rules, then they had the off the field violence issues and whole national anthem debacle. They need to stop trying to appease everybody because all it has done is tarnished their product, eroded what was once an excellent competitive environment, and ultimately distracted their audience from the football. They need to stop trying Lawyer all the rules and get rid of all the distractions. Take the politics out the game and get back to producing a competitive game that is infinitely watchable.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

For those saying Sendejo can't cover, safeties don't cover very often. There aren't many safeties good at covering.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Sendejo lost his appeal. He will not play on Sunday.

I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Just Me wrote:Sendejo lost his appeal. He will not play on Sunday.

Best possible outcome for us, I suppose. The Browns have no passing game. And no running game. We'll miss him the least against the Browns.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

A 1 game suspension is a bit harsh... but I think it deserved a fine. Sendejo plays with a little too much aggression at times. We've all seen it. Wallace was in no position to advance the ball and Sendejo launched on him. Hurt him, too.

Just keeping it real... and thankful we play the Browns this week.

:govikes:
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Yeah, a fine makes a ton of sense (anybody who says Sandejo isn't reckless obviously doesn't have the same sphincter spasms I have every time he cleans up a tackle with a teammate near) but a suspension seems....off.
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

DK Sweets wrote:Yeah, a fine makes a ton of sense (anybody who says Sandejo isn't reckless obviously doesn't have the same sphincter spasms I have every time he cleans up a tackle with a teammate near) but a suspension seems....off.
I agree. A fine was definitely warranted IMO. I think a suspension is too much, but this is how the league is over-reacting these days. So, it's not terribly surprising sadly. This is the NFL front office trying to show the public that they care about player safety. It's BS, but they are fighting a reputation of having the exact opposite viewpoint, so they make examples of players. However, Sandejo is not exactly innocent either.
Damian
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

mansquatch wrote:I agree with what Zimmer said on this call. Wallace took like 5 steps before he got tackled.
Completely disagree. If you watch the video again, Wallace takes 6 steps (not 5!) after securing the catch before the hit. :D
Last edited by 808vikingsfan on Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Diggs
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

The hit was clean. It wasnt a late hit, or to the head. All it is, is payback for Barr touching Erin. Period.
w_huisman
Transition Player

Post by w_huisman »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:The hit was clean....
I agree with this opinion, although I thought the flag was nothing more than a reaction to Wallace losing his helmet and hitting his head on the turf, not payback for Barr's hit on Rodgers.

The fact that the NFL reviewed the hit and suspended Sendejo a game just blows me away.

In reality, it should have prompted the NFL to start looking for ways to better secure a helmet on a players head.

Maybe disallowing players from having ridiculously long bushy dreadlocks that cause a them to wear oversized helmets would be a good place to start, but I'm afraid I'm just showing my age with that opinion and that obviously had nothing to do with Wallace losing his.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

w_huisman wrote: I agree with this opinion, although I thought the flag was nothing more than a reaction to Wallace losing his helmet and hitting his head on the turf, not payback for Barr's hit on Rodgers.

The fact that the NFL reviewed the hit and suspended Sendejo a game just blows me away.

In reality, it should have prompted the NFL to start looking for ways to better secure a helmet on a players head.

Maybe disallowing players from having ridiculously long bushy dreadlocks that cause a them to wear oversized helmets would be a good place to start, but I'm afraid I'm just showing my age with that opinion and that obviously had nothing to do with Wallace losing his.
If they are going to suspend for this type of thing, then suspend every time this penalty is called, whether it's warranted or not. Because this is just stupid.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

PurpleMustReign wrote:If they are going to suspend for this type of thing, then suspend every time this penalty is called, whether it's warranted or not. Because this is just stupid.

Or they should just outlaw forced fumbles. That way the defender won't try and jar fumbles loose with a hit.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Just because I don't want this to be buried in the "NFL Talk" section ...

I think it sucks that Andrew Sendejo got suspended for playing hard, but Ezekiel Elliott has once again avoids serving his suspension for beating a woman.

There. I connected it to this thread. And it still sucks. Hope Kansas City rips Dallas a new one.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Just because I don't want this to be buried in the "NFL Talk" section ...

I think it sucks that Andrew Sendejo got suspended for playing hard, but Ezekiel Elliott has once again avoids serving his suspension for beating a woman.

There. I connected it to this thread. And it still sucks. Hope Kansas City rips Dallas a new one.
I'd be shocked if he wasn't ultimately suspended the rest of the regular season.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly