Sam-Teddy-Case thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread

Post by dead_poet »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: True.

But they won in spite of Case today. He was pretty awful. An average game from Case, and we blow them out. We were way better.
I keep thinking about this offense/team with Sam/Teddy, Cook and Diggs. Ugh. Why.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: True.

But they won in spite of Case today. He was pretty awful. An average game from Case, and we blow them out. We were way better.
Case didn't have a good start the beginning of the game. Then he started completing some passes and got us the win.

Zimmer has stated that he thinks Sam will start again this season. He also stated that Teddy will play sometime this season.
As long as Case gives us wins until Sam & Teddy get back I'm ok with that.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

halfgiz wrote: Case didn't have a good start the beginning of the game. Then he started completing some passes and got us the win.

Zimmer has stated that he thinks Sam will start again this season. He also stated that Teddy will play sometime this season.
As long as Case gives us wins until Sam & Teddy get back I'm ok with that.

He got us nothing. This is straight up insanity. Murray got us the win. on the TD drive he produce like... 95% of the yards? it was our only TD. Without that we might LOSE the game on the final drive. WE MIGHT LOSE THE GAME. After dominating that long. I just don't get it. He throws nasty wobbly inaccurate balls the majority of the time. play slightly better for one quarter doesn't make him viable.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

dead_poet wrote: I keep thinking about this offense/team with Sam/Teddy, Cook and Diggs. Ugh. Why.
Well at least we will see most of your fantasy eventually this season. I am firm believer that Teddy will return as the starter. What will be interesting is if Sam is ready to play after the bye as well. That could spell significant trouble for the team.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Case is a fine backup. He is basically Christian Ponder and it'll prevent him from being a starter in the league but he's a super valuable backup in my opinion. He's got some pretty decent athleticism and a good head on his shoulders - *generally* won't lose you the game (nor win it). His medium ball is just barely fast enough to be in the NFL. His deep balls are basically all going to be 1v1 "up for grabs" type stuff. There's almost no accuracy on the deep balls - he's doing all he can to get it there.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Cliff wrote:Case is a fine backup. He is basically Christian Ponder and it'll prevent him from being a starter in the league but he's a super valuable backup in my opinion. He's got some pretty decent athleticism and a good head on his shoulders - *generally* won't lose you the game (nor win it). His medium ball is just barely fast enough to be in the NFL. His deep balls are basically all going to be 1v1 "up for grabs" type stuff. There's almost no accuracy on the deep balls - he's doing all he can to get it there.

Exactly this. He needs to get out of there as soon as is possible. He is far more likely to cost us a game then cinch us a game.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

dead_poet wrote: I keep thinking about this offense/team with Sam/Teddy, Cook and Diggs. Ugh. Why.
Cook and Teddy ... because the cosmos hates the Vikings.

Diggs ... because he tweaks something every year.

Sam ... because he was born with an ACL tear.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

IrishViking wrote:
Exactly this. He needs to get out of there as soon as is possible. He is far more likely to cost us a game then cinch us a game.
He hasn't lost a game for us yet...

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

PurpleMustReign wrote:He hasn't lost a game for us yet...

20-37 and under 200 yards against the Steelers? Rock Star.
16-30 and just over 200 against Detroit? Rock Star.

I don't see how you could think that barely 50% passing for barely over 200 yards and no touchdowns didn't adversely effect our ability to win. A pick 6 on the final drive of the game isn't the only way that a QB can cost us a game.

on top of that every game, he is bailed out by his receivers far more often than let down (amazing catches versus easy drops) nearly a 2-1 if not 3-1 ratio in some games. The Packer game is an obviously example 5 of his completions (so nearly 20%. TWENTY PERCENT) were either insane catches (Treadwells pinch, Rudolph jump, Theilens sacrificial layout) or not completed (the dirt pass to Jet) compared to I think 1? Drop that game? Additionally the 2 easy drops (literal drops, not even he should have or could have we are talking both hands on the ball and somehow lost it) from the Packers Defense.

Keenum lost us the Detroit game, 100%. He did everything in his power to cost us the Packer games. He supplied zero points against the Ravens.

I don't dislike him but either Teddy or Bradford NEED to get out there as soon as they can because Keenum will not win us more than maybe one playoff game. He is back up.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

IrishViking wrote: 20-37 and under 200 yards against the Steelers? Rock Star.
16-30 and just over 200 against Detroit? Rock Star.

I don't see how you could think that barely 50% passing for barely over 200 yards and no touchdowns didn't adversely effect our ability to win. A pick 6 on the final drive of the game isn't the only way that a QB can cost us a game.

on top of that every game, he is bailed out by his receivers far more often than let down (amazing catches versus easy drops) nearly a 2-1 if not 3-1 ratio in some games. The Packer game is an obviously example 5 of his completions (so nearly 20%. TWENTY PERCENT) were either insane catches (Treadwells pinch, Rudolph jump, Theilens sacrificial layout) or not completed (the dirt pass to Jet) compared to I think 1? Drop that game? Additionally the 2 easy drops (literal drops, not even he should have or could have we are talking both hands on the ball and somehow lost it) from the Packers Defense.

Keenum lost us the Detroit game, 100%. He did everything in his power to cost us the Packer games. He supplied zero points against the Ravens.

I don't dislike him but either Teddy or Bradford NEED to get out there as soon as they can because Keenum will not win us more than maybe one playoff game. He is back up.
I'd you are going to cherry pick stats, I can do the same. He looked awesome against Tampa and he led us to a win in Chicago.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

To be clear, I am not sailing he's a good QB for the future, but he is not more likely to cost us games, since his reslcord is 4-2.

IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I'd you are going to cherry pick stats, I can do the same. He looked awesome against Tampa and he led us to a win in Chicago.

Who's cherry picking? The claim was he hadn't lost us a game. I counter with stats they say he played like #### against 2 teams we lost to :confused:
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

PurpleMustReign wrote:To be clear, I am not sailing he's a good QB for the future, but he is not more likely to cost us games, since his reslcord is 4-2.

The teams record is 4-2

I challenge you find a drive in the Packers game or the Ravens game that shows Keenum "Winning" us those games. As I said earlier. Murray won us that game in spite of Keenum's utter inability to do anything in or near the redzone.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

The bottom line Case is a backup. He has us at 5-2 and leading the division, what more are you asking from him?
I'm happy where a backup QB has us sitting. How many more wins do you think Teddy or Sam would have got?

We're in first place and hopefully when Teddy or Sam come back we can keep going.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

halfgiz wrote:The bottom line Case is a backup. He has us at 5-2 and leading the division, what more are you asking from him?
I'm happy where a backup QB has us sitting. How many more wins do you think Teddy or Sam would have got?

We're in first place and hopefully when Teddy or Sam come back we can keep going.

I love Case. He is a backup. He needs to be sat the second that Teddy or Sam are ready. He is a back up and plays like it.