Sam-Teddy-Case thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread

Post by halfgiz »

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

halfgiz wrote:How good is Keenum playing.

http://zonecoverage.com/2017/vikings/ha ... se-keenum/
This is really interesting. Thanks for posting.

He's playing well, but in reading the whole thing, the author (who is very knowledgeable ... I've read a lot of his stuff) concludes many of the same things some of us have concluded in this thread. Keenum's ball placement and lack of arm strength are the reasons he's not a starter. He typically throws well up the seam, but not so well to the sidelines. It seems logical that opposing teams will do everything they can to take away the middle of the field and force him to throw outside the numbers.

For now, he's playing great. We've got two beatable opponents to hopefully get to 6-2, and then the bye perfectly timed at exactly the halfway point of the season. We'll know more about our other quarterbacks by the time Week 10 rolls around.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... om-1-to-32

NFL.com ranked every teams backup. Keenum sits at #5. Although I dont understand the Jacoby Brisset hype. I dont think he is good at all.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Well trading for an injury prone QB was not a good idea.
That injury-prone QB did a pretty great job for us last season, with a crap OL.

You would have preferred to go with Shaun Hill?
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

soflavike wrote:
You would have preferred to go with Shaun Hill?
Exactly and I've said the same thing and get no response. Some fans love to complain about the trade but have zero alternative. And if anyone thinks Shaun Hill was that alternative you need your eyes checked. Bradford gave us our best shot to get to the SB. With the injuries that happened, that failed. But in no way was it a bad trade. 20:5 TD INT ratio and almost 4000 yards with no OL and running game. I would say thats pretty darn good. But I'd love to hear some alternatives :whistle:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I was thrilled with Bradford and really wanted
him to be our guy, but the guy seems to have a
problem with his injuries(knee) Teddy was not accurate
to me down the field. NFL defenses are too
fast for a short field throw only offense.

Peterson was one of the only backs in history
that could a create an offense all on his own.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

According to Mort, Sam got FIVE injections into his knee this week as part of the Regenokine therapy he's doing.

This article says he could miss the rest of the season (scan to the bottom-ish)

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patri ... story.html
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Teddy could start week 10 (my guess is week 11 pending Sam's condition)

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1404153/amp
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Can everyone please remember this game so we can drop the "Keenum is viable" stuff?
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Vikings win Case closed. :rock:
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

UKno1VIKING wrote:Keenum has the heart of a lion, and has made a few good plays.
But in all of the games this season, he has been bailed out by his receivers quite a bit. High floaty stuff, that gets receivers hurt that Thielen/Diggs and now Treadwell, have been bailing him out. I can't remember that many balls that were fizzed in between 'the numbers'.
His heart and his ability to read defences, has helped his limited talent over the course of the season.
I feel he will do enough to get us through Baltimore and Cleveland. But he will have to improve his play after the bye to get us to the playoffs IMO. Or Sam gets healthy by then.

Solid post and agree 100%
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Case will have his luck run out, and some of his accuracy problems will result in INTs. Im just hoping he can play well enough till we can get Teddy on the field. Im guessing Sam wont even be on this team next year. Thats why you dont spend a first round pick on an injury prone QB, when your Oline is as bad as our was his first year. Should have played the cards we were dealt and let Hill take over, since he is all Rick had for a backup for us. Sam should retire while he can still walk the rest of his life.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Case will have his luck run out, and some of his accuracy problems will result in INTs. Im just hoping he can play well enough till we can get Teddy on the field. Im guessing Sam wont even be on this team next year. Thats why you dont spend a first round pick on an injury prone QB, when your Oline is as bad as our was his first year. Should have played the cards we were dealt and let Hill take over, since he is all Rick had for a backup for us. Sam should retire while he can still walk the rest of his life.
Give it a #### rest with #### about Sam. We get it, you don't like him. Move the hell on.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Give it a #### rest with #### about Sam. We get it, you don't like him. Move the hell on.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Where did I say I didnt like him? I hated and still hate the trade we made for him. Im going to make more posts about it, and about Waynes, and even Rick. So dont read my posts and move the **** on k?
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

halfgiz wrote:Vikings win Case closed. :rock:
True.

But they won in spite of Case today. He was pretty awful. An average game from Case, and we blow them out. We were way better.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.