Week 7 Reaction Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Week 7 Reaction Thread

Post by dead_poet »

Fire away
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
SP1966
Franchise Player

Re: Week 7 Reaction Thread

Post by SP1966 »

If this team had some consistency on offense they'd be an unquestioned NFC Super Bowl contender, likely favorite, even with a healthy Rodgers.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

5-2. 3 wins in a row. Sole possession of first place.

Two quick observations

OL no sacks for 2nd week in a row
Special teams give up zero big plays today and convert 6 FGs
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

808vikingsfan wrote:5-2. 3 wins in a row. Sole possession of first place.

Two quick observations

OL no sacks for 2nd week in a row
Special teams give up zero big plays today and convert 6 FGs
Speaking of special teams, Kearse is turning out to be really good on ST. He's always one of the first guys down there and does a good job of keeping contain.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

We'll see. Zimmer hasn't been exactly transparent with his injuries but possibly a glimmer of good news on the horizon.
@christomasson Mike Zimmer does not believe injuries to Reiff and Sirles serious
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

dead_poet wrote:We'll see. Zimmer hasn't been exactly transparent with his injuries but possibly a glimmer of good news on the horizon.

Seemed like Isadora and Hill filled in nicely today.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Looking ahead, depending on severity of Joe Thomas' triceps injury, Griffen might get to eat vs. starve in London. Knowing how tough Thomas is, he'll probably cauterize it or cut it off and attach a robot arm he ripped off a Terminator he just destroyed with a suplex.

Conversely, we need Reiff out there to contain that freak Garrett. I like Hill but I don't trust him enough vs. that animal.
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

Murray had an alright game, eh PHP?

I enjoyed the game. The wiff thought it was boring, with all the field goals. (She was distracted by some of her family that was over).
Forbath... excellent on FGs horrible on PAT...
Sendejo needs to learn when to hold up a bit.
Keenum is serviceable only because of our defense. I am thankful to have him as our back up but we need to get one of our starters back.
The Refs hate us. Lack of PI calls (except when Theilin got called for pushing out of that hug). And the lack of call for the high low hit on Keenum.
Enjoy seeing Barr fired up. Enjoy our intelligent and disciplined defense.
Murray 100yd game and TD.

Good win. 6-2 going into the bye! SKOL!
Last edited by Grashopa on Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly AADPFan
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Like I said, I've watch Murray for a long time and played against him 2 years in high school. He's a solid RB. Just need to keep pounding him. He's a grinder
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

dead_poet wrote:Looking ahead, depending on severity of Joe Thomas' triceps injury, Griffen might get to eat vs. starve in London. Knowing how tough Thomas is, he'll probably cauterize it or cut it off and attach a robot arm he ripped off a Terminator he just destroyed with a suplex.

Conversely, we need Reiff out there to contain that freak Garrett. I like Hill but I don't trust him enough vs. that animal.
My guess is from the looks of it, Thomas tore his triceps. He was immediately ruled out
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: My guess is from the looks of it, Thomas tore his triceps. He was immediately ruled out
Only saw it once but it looked like he was hurt pretty bad.
Formerly AADPFan
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

dead_poet wrote:We'll see. Zimmer hasn't been exactly transparent with his injuries but possibly a glimmer of good news on the horizon.
Year of the KNEES
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Like I said, I've watch Murray for a long time and played against him 2 years in high school. He's a solid RB. Just need to keep pounding him. He's a grinder
Eating crow today, my friend -- and happy to do it. Murray looked really good. Like the Murray that played against us a couple years ago out in Oakland.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Isadora looked really good. He had a few really good blocks, and a big one on Murray's first long run.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Also, I try to avoid this, but the referees were atrocious today. Thielen was being manhandled, and then they called a horrible PI on him. And how was there no roughing the passer call when Baltimore went high and low on Keenum.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018