Teddy, Teddy, Teddy!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Teddy, Teddy, Teddy!

Post by IrishViking »

-Imma let you all finish but Teddy is the worst QB of all time.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
I remember watching that game on TV and thinking, "This doesn't even look like the same guy."
I'm not an expert on throwing, but I'm kind of a geek from my baseball days. When you throw with a low elbow, as Teddy had been doing, you can do fine from close range. That's why infielders can release from below shoulder level or even below waist level and still put the ball right on target. But the farther you have to throw the ball, the more the ball floats. That's what Teddy was doing his first two years ... getting underneath the ball and floating it on longer passes. But in the preseason game against the Chargers, he was firing from over the top. He was driving the ball. His passes had zip, and with 10 YPA, we're not just talking check-downs. I wish I could find video of that game, but I'm guessing it's not out there because it was preseason.

As far as his return, I'm cautiously optimistic. The Vikings won't put him on the field if he can't protect himself, so I'm happy to wait and see what happens. Really looking forward to a report from practice tomorrow ... you KNOW the media is going to be all over this, so we should have solid reports.

If we throw caution to the wind for a moment, think about this from an inspirational standpoint. Think of the fire the Vikings would have if he can return. That locker room LOVES Teddy Bridgewater. They'd run through fire for him.
Teddy comes back. Thielen leads the NFL in receptions. Talk about inspiration! (Love it).
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

I think if in Teddy gets to start this year. Has a strong stat line (25/35 290 yards 2 TDS 0 INT) and jumps up after taking a big sack, this team will hit critical mass.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Video of Teddy throwing. He said he could've practiced weeks ago. I believe him.

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Krammer/stat ... 3584307200
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Teddy is a decision for next season, not this one. Even if he were able to play, there would be a lot of rust to shake off. You don't interrupt everything (especially a playoff run) to see if he's back to his old self. You run with the current QB, and that's Keenum, who happens to be doing a pretty good job.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

soflavike wrote:Teddy is a decision for next season, not this one. Even if he were able to play, there would be a lot of rust to shake off. You don't interrupt everything (especially a playoff run) to see if he's back to his old self. You run with the current QB, and that's Keenum, who happens to be doing a pretty good job.
Say the Colts are 7-5 going into week week 13 with Brisset, do you go to a healthy Andrew Luck?
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

soflavike wrote:Teddy is a decision for next season, not this one. Even if he were able to play, there would be a lot of rust to shake off. You don't interrupt everything (especially a playoff run) to see if he's back to his old self. You run with the current QB, and that's Keenum, who happens to be doing a pretty good job.

He isn't though. He is missing open guys, he is air mailing balls, and he is surviving off of dropped picks, Keenum is doing what a good backup does; brutally hacking their way through the games they have to win for you. He is not playing with any consistency and if our defense wasn't literally the best in the league we would not be 4-2 more likely we'd be 3-3 or 2-4. Its like baseball you take the Starter out BEFORE he costs you the game, not after.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Cliff wrote:
Somebody reboot Cliff, his software is acting up again.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

S197 wrote: Somebody reboot Cliff, his software is acting up again.
Ha! Was supposed to be a youtube video and not quote.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

S197 wrote: Somebody reboot Cliff, his software is acting up again.
Rofl

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018